Calypso
The world is not what it seems. Millions of lightyears away from her home planet, Kira is the sole survivor of the Earth colony on Calypso. Trapped on the exotic rain forest planet, Kira is surrounded by natives who want her dead and watched by the organization that sent her there. Without warning, Kira is thrown into a world of politics, betrayal, and desperation. She must relearn the ability to love and trust if she is ever going to survive.


Picture courtesy of Li Bromfield, http://the-li.deviantart.com


This Book is Part of a Series "The Children of the Stars"
All Books in this Series:
Calypso
Free
Keywords: 
alien, sci-fi, planet, survivor
Posts and Comments
Important Post
the math of fantasy

I have an idea! is calypso (planet) pluto? like future pluto, or is it mars? or venus?

5 Comments
stevie.grace

Lol, no... Pluto is a tiny ice cube too far from the sun for much more than massive snowmen. :) As is Mars, and Venus we'd all crisp. :) There will, however, be colonies in the series on both Mars and Jupiter's moon Io, as well as the moon and a few other places. :)

Calypso is a... Show more

the math of fantasy

pterybirds are dinasours right?(irl right?)
ill help you keep this book "scientific"

stevie.grace

pterodactyls are dinosaurs, yes. :) "ptero" in Greek means "wings," if I remember correctly. Pterybirds in Calypso are actually based on dinoflagellates, primarily one called "Ceratium." There's a picture here: http://dinosaurs.wikia.com/wiki/Dinoflagellate.

stevie.grace

Oy... Darn shift key isn't working and I can't figure out how to edit... Pretend like all of those sentences start with capital letters. :D

Important Post
Kiddo

Loved it.. Would donate my pc, so you could concentrate on the story. :D The ideas and the story caught my imagination.. Think i was living with a sereal feeling the other day after reading the book.. Allmost as if i was living in it.. :) I could actually see somebody making a movie of this book.. Good job! I can't wait for the Vol.2 :))

3 Comments
stevie.grace

Thank you! :) I have that dream, too! :) I'll be starting the querying process soon, so keep your fingers crossed! As to Vol. 2, "Green World" is the first chapter of the sequel book, and it's on here as well.

Kiddo

Ok.. Read that one to now.. Was a bit confused at the start, but then it all came together and honestly.. got me surprised there.. :D
I give it a thumbs up.. :))

stevie.grace

I love that! :) And once Calypso is published, it'll all flow. Green World will be the background of what happened to Earth, so that the universe is more fleshed out.

Important Post
Aishika

hey plzz se3nd me the full as i am eager
i love it

1 Comment
stevie.grace

Thank you so much for loving it. :) Unfortunately, I'm still in the editing process, and my brain has frozen over from the sheer magnitude of it... 350 pages is a lot to do!

Hopefully, it'll be done soon and I'll post it. Thanks!

Important Post
franks6771

Wow! what a fantastic story! Please, please add more to it or tell me if you have the whole book for sale somewhere. I want to finish reading this amazing story. You have a great talent. Couple of grammatical errors, but not enough to stop the eye from continuing through a sentence. Loved it, loved it, loved it!

1 Comment
stevie.grace

Thank you. :) Yes... I typed the first draft with a computer that had no "t" key, and lost a few more letters along the way. I'm currently in my second round of edits with it (though it's a bit stalled due to my own writer's/editor's block O.o ). Hopefully, it'll be done soon... Show more

Important Post
stevie.grace

You have no idea how much that means to me! :) And your crits are more than welcome. My computer has various keys not working, and lord knows spell-check has issues at times, so I'm glad someone was able to catch them. I'll go back through and try to polish it up. :)

Important Post
Vigilant_One

You wrote this? This is incredible! It has so much to give. Your main character is so simple and real. You connect the reader to her on a sympathetic level and send them on her journey together. And it's such a great journey. The world is vivid and outlandish and the antagonist is mysterious and foreboding. It's like tumbling down the rabbit hole, everything I grab on to slips from my grip and I keep falling uncontrollably... Show more

Show Additional Posts
To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US