Sealed

Tamar's Story By:
Sealed
I am not a person, at least not in the eyes of my culture. I am a pawn, a piece of cattle to be rattled off to the higest bidder. With the simple press of clay to wax, my entire life is sealed away to a man I could never love.

Posts and Comments
Important Post
MaryMorrison

Beautifully written!

3 Comments
This comment was deleted.
This comment was deleted.
This comment was deleted.
Important Post
Deleted User

Wow... That was amazing. You are great at showing the raw beauty of a story, hitting us over and over again with emotion and empathy. Bravo!

Important Post
Vigilant_One

The full story of Tamar is told in every lurid detail, and it's as unforgiving and brutal as the Bible itself. This is written in as professional a manner as I've ever seen from you. There were a few conventional mistakes, though.

Important Post
stevie.grace

I appreciate y'all's input so much, and I'm so glad I was able to bring to life such a dramatic story. :) (I personally had a few qualms about posting it, so your comments have made my day!)

Important Post
staceydoss

Stevie - you have brought to vivid life this simple, almost overlooked story of Tamar. You have taken the few, factual details outlined in the Bible and infused them with powerful imagery, making me feel Tamar's fear, pain, desperation, and finally victory. You are truly a master storyteller.

Important Post
mkidd6

What an exceptional gift you have for bringing this ancient story to life. You are a true storyteller. Wonderful job, just wonderful!

Important Post
Deleted User

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story! As always, you paint a beautiful picture with your words, laying out the world which Tamar inhabits in intricate, vivid detail. Tamar's narration is realistic, her emotions are shown beautifully, and the story itself is one of the crazier ones in the book from which it comes... you did a masterful job retelling it. :)

Important Post
felixthecat

From the opening scene, so poignant and vivid, I am captured. You've spun new life into this ancient "tale". Let me not give anything concerning it away, but it's 21st century appropriate, narrated as only you can do. I'm rather filled with awe concerning Tamar's predicament(s) in that ancient culture, and how you presented it perfectly. Out of 10 possible stars...11.

To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US