Darkness: The Beginning

Prologue By:
Darkness: The Beginning
Darkness has come. Are you brave enough to stop it?



(Critiques welcome...it's very rough.)
Cover art copyright: digital-.deviantart.com


This Book is Part of a Series "The Chronicles of Kerista"
All Books in this Series:
Darkness: The Beginning
Prologue
Free
Darkness: The Beginning
Chapter One
Free
Keywords: 
fantasy, darkness, elves, dragons
Posts and Comments
Important Post
felixthecat

It is one thing to know the nuances of the English language, another thing to create moving images using it flawlessly. It is something else again to raise narrative to art.
Lines such as "And then bones hidden behind a stone mask." taken in context are electrifyingly beautiful.
The mark of a master, Stevie.

1 Comment
stevie.grace

Thank you, my friend. I only hope I can live up to your praise. :) The next chapter will be out on the 1st, hopefully, so we'll see how I do.

Important Post
composer

I know S.G. I know you do not intend to leave it at that! There is no way you are going to give me this much and then decide you want to quit.

And this is in no way a threat but if you do not add to The Beginning, I will hut you down- and don't you think I won't.

But if you do not react to pressure then this is me saying, pretty pretty please with cherries on top.

1 Comment
stevie.grace

Haha, no it's not the end. I'm working on the first chapter. It's one of those books quite literally raised from the dead, so I'm a little rusty. I'll have it out hopefully by the 1st. Between school, my current WIP, and this, I'm swamped.

Important Post
becky12345

so far, interesting, and i love the cover art. we'll see what it's like once it gets further along.

Important Post
kharkins16

That was intense! I liked it a lot. There were a few grammar mistakes, but those are easily fixed. I'm curious to see what story goes along with this. Good job!
:)

1 Comment
stevie.grace

Hopefully I have the first chapter up by the end of the week, and then I'll try to get one up each month. I'm praying I can keep it going... Thanks for the comment!

Important Post
stevie.grace

Thanks Kate. :) The first chapter should be up later tonight. I've just discovered, looking back, that everything I write is a little dark.... O.o Thanks for the comment!

Important Post
kayteetoo

Gosh! Was it teenage angst?!
I'm being facile really... You have a very good, if somewhat dark and wordy, imagination and this could be the beginning of a worthwhile addition to the vampire/horror type book that is all the rage at the moment.
I would be very interested to see where you take it. Keep on writing.
Kate [aka Susan H Trought]

To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US