Outpost

By:
User: garilano
Outpost
A man known only as The Marshall rides into a small, desolate Outpost in search of a criminal he has been chasing for nearly ten years. The long-fought Civil War has ravaged the outlying areas by depriving them of much-needed supplies allowing Black Market goods and criminals to thrive. the only law comes from a group of government-trained men called The Marshalls.

Posts and Comments
Important Post
Deleted User

Space opera is right, I loved it. Even the cover lent itself to the deception that this might be a western. Nicely presented and well explained characters, to boot. Well done.

1 Comment
This comment was deleted.
Important Post
Deleted User

1 obvious oversight, you need to correct one of your Keywords. I'm referring to 'pace travel' which should be 'space travel', I think. :)

Important Post
Deleted User

I really enjoyed reading this book. Thank you!

Important Post
RevkenR

The story surprised me at first. You are so thorough in your research, I thought "They didn't talk that way in the old west." Then all of a sudden, it wasn't the old west.

Really tricky, ... and really good.

Important Post
garilano

Thanks for the feedback Patrick. I have been planning a re-write on that piece as I see potential for some serious expansion. You are right about the final scene. It really could use more description to help the reader visualize the situation. I will work on that as well as play with the point of view.

Important Post
prandall

I think there's potential here with some good scenic descriptions and interesting dialogue. Needs some cleaning up on a bit of word repetition, typos and grammar as mentioned in felixthecat's review.

Important Post
Deleted User

I really like the mix of good old western with the new age science fiction twist, your characters are bold and interesting Im looking for more :)

Important Post
felixthecat

This short piece threw me for a moment or two...as I read the encounter between the Marshal and Durogin. My mind kept trying to focus on "Western" (I didn't read the genre tag on the cover).
I like the development of the Marshall's character, the back story that defines who and why he is what he is. Your scene setting at the hotel was excellent, too. What I am not sure about is the effectiveness of the chase and the outcome,... Show more

To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US