Lurking in the Woods

By:
Lurking in the Woods
When many children are terrified by eerie sounds and objects, and his apprentice is convicted, Harry Mason knows something is wrong. Both events took place near the Manor, or shall I say...The Haunted Manor.

This eBook is available at the following stores (among others):

and in many other eBook-stores

$1.49
Posts and Comments
Important Post
mysterywriter723

This was such an enchanting tale. It has a lovely, captivating, old-world feel to it and it drew me right in. Your words are so eloquently written. Your descriptions are richly vivid. The ghost seems admirable and I loved his code. What a clever idea!

I also liked the detective and the beggar teaming up together. They did a nice job solving the riddle. The story ended with a very satisfying conclusion. I hope you write more... Show more

1 Comment
This comment was deleted.
Important Post
permutations

It was meant to be a little more funny than creepy. And about the ending, I didn't have enough time because I started writing the story at 8pm and the contest ended 12am, so I just quickly wrote an ending without actually thinking about it.
When I have time to edit this, I'll make sure to keep the things you said in mind! Thanks bookzilla!

Important Post
bookzilla

it's more funny than creepy though, is that what you meant to do?
if not, try adding more descriptive imagery of the scary manor and the creepy things that are happening.
and the ending is kind of a let down - can't the ghost confront them and scare them first or something?

this is a good story, but there are a few things you could improve!

To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove permutations_1343272253.8830549717 978-3-95500-531-3 Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US