Crawl
Best read at night with the lights on and the moths and craneflies pressed up against your window, straining to get in.

Posts and Comments
Important Post
J.C. Laird

I was busy and had so many things to do when I read the first couple of pages. I figured I'd just check it out...

I couldn't put it down. I shouldn't have started because I just had to keep reading until the end. My to-do list was put on hold. The second person POV narrative was captivating--and absolutely creepy.

You were spot on with your blurb--To be read at night...

So descriptive...a masterful job...kudos!

Important Post
Paper Planes

I must admit, I'm usually not a fan of second-person, but you pulled it off without a hitch. I felt fully immersed in the story (which I think was your intention!) and so it was all the more gripping. You've written a fantastic piece, well done!

Important Post
Deleted User

This is an incredibly well-written piece! I'm not a horror fan but I couldn't stop reading. Your description is incredible, as always. The second person present tense makes the whole thing so real, as if the things in the story really are happening to YOU, right NOW. Excellent work! :)

Important Post
stevie.grace

I have spent the past few days (since you posted in the contest thread) debating whether I should read this. I am so glad I did, although I'm not sure I'll be able to stand bugs anymore.

Perhaps it was the second person POV. Perhaps it was the female perspective. Perhaps it was my own background in Girl Scouts and camping and nerdliness, but the entire story came alive. From your descriptions of her memories to the terror of... Show more

Important Post
glenmarcus

This book should have a warning label all those that suffer Entomophobia. It is extremely well written and descriptive. The POV made me feel as if I were being pulled into the story...by many, many legs I might add.

Bravo Aaron!

Important Post
Deleted User

The descriptions are so clear and real, that I'll put money on Aaron being a hiker, and the creatures being based on something real out there! This is really, really well written, gripping, something that needs to be read again. Well done Aaron.

Important Post
mkidd6

Remarkable story telling and original. I have to confess that I was a little distracted by the POV, though I am sure it is just me. I think most will hail this piece of fiction as brilliant. My hat is off to you for a wonderfully crafted thriller!

Important Post
felixthecat

I've read some damn fine stories; some shockingly good books over the years. Books and stories written by some of the best writers in the world. None...none was any better than Crawl. The shear terror of it reminded me in a strange way of Davidson's opening scene in "The Gargoyle." You smashed me into scene, into extreme tension immediately, and that grinding in my gut didn't let up.
What a pleasure to read a The New... Show more

Show Additional Posts
To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US