Cover

Title page

PARACORD FOR BEGINNERS

The complete beginner’s guide to learn the basics of creating several paracord knots and also produce stunning paracord survival projects










Tanisha Conway


Table of contents


NOTE

This ebook is a guide and serves as an initial guide. Please also get professional advice

CHAPTER ONE: Creating your own Paracord Survival Bracelet

Paracord is one of the most indispensable equipment on a trip. It is useful in both day-to-day and wilderness settings, from repairing a broken shoelace to creating fishing line.

The ability to customize the size and color of DIY survival bracelets makes them ideal presents. You may even build a new collar for your canine companion. Our do-it-yourself tutorial will demonstrate how to create a cobra weave bracelet. Once you have mastered the method, utilize your creativity to create gifts for all your adventurous friends.

Materials:

  • 1/8 in. Your choice of diameter and color(s) of paracord, length determined by wrist measurement*

  • ¾ in. plastic buckle with side release

* One inch of bracelet length equals about one foot, or twelve inches of rope. Therefore, if the circumference of your wrist is 8 inches, cut 8 feet (96 inches) of cord (see step 2).

Tools:

  • Ruler or tape measure

  • Scissors

  • Lighter





Directions to follow

1. Select your color (s)

You may create your bracelet with one or two colors. This controls how the cord is attached to the buckle and how much of each color cord is required. We used two colors.

2. Take the correct measurement of your wrist

Wrap a length of paracord around your wrist and make note of where the end of the cord meets the cord.

The length is measured using a ruler. Ours was 7.5 inches long.

3. Measure out cord

Multiply the number of inches from Step 2 (your wrist circumference) by 12 if you are using a single color for your bracelet. Multiply that amount by six if you are using two colors. This calculation will provide you with the entire number of inches required for your cable length. In our example, we obtained 45 inches of each of the two colors we would use (7.5 x 6 = 45). Additionally, we added six additional inches to ensure we had enough.

4. Connect cord to buckle

If you are using two colors, you must first link the two rope lengths together. We utilized the "Manny" approach, which splices the two ends together and provides more strength, but you may also just use your lighter to fuse the ends together.

Use a girth hitch to connect the rope to one of the buckle ends (any buckle piece will work). This is how:

Find the center of the whole length of the cord by bringing the ends together and squeezing the loop on the other end. Thread the loop through one side of the buckle

Imprint

Publisher: BookRix GmbH & Co. KG

Images: Istock
Cover: Istock images
Publication Date: 03-17-2023
ISBN: 978-3-7554-3617-1

All Rights Reserved

Dedication:
I dedicate this book to God and to my wonderful family.

Next Page
Page 1 /