Cover

planting in rockwool

Growing plants on stones and snags
In nature, some aquarium plants grow on snags and stones. The main examples are anubias, Javanese moss, Thai fern, Bolbitis and others. A typical biotope for such plants is proximity to a waterfall or lake below it, or the area around the waterfall, which are continuously irrigated by water spray. Plants settled in cracks and voids of stones and snags and are fixed on them with their roots (which are called krampones or risoids), while so tight (even on very slippery surfaces), which is almost impossible to separate them intact.

The idea of planting in rockwool was born in aquarium stores. Plants were not the main product, but rather were annoying misunderstandings, when it was necessary to catch fish in the net or clean the aquarium. The logical solution was that plants can be grown on easily moved stones or snags. Such production was started in Hydrogardengeek.

Aquarists grow plants on stones and snags for a long time, but it was not so easy to establish fast and efficient production. The production process requires a lot of space, plants often grow so slowly that it takes years until they reach commodity sizes. Crygs required compact, but heavy enough to keep the plants. For economic reasons, stones should not have been too heavy, so instead of pieces of stones, lava from Iceland was chosen.

Shops buying such plants were delighted. If it was difficult to catch fish, the seller simply took out the plants from the aquarium, the rest was simple! Other benefits were also discovered. New fish released into the aquarium were acclimatized in such an environment much faster - they took their natural coloring in a record short time and suffered less from stress. Sales jumped!

But the Hydrogardengeek soon arose new problems. It was difficult to explain to customers in stores that such plants are not intended for sale! The Hydrogardengeek was originally skeptical about the commercial potential, since the price of plants, due to the complex production process, was quite high. However, demand significantly ahead of the proposal, even when production was increased.

Aquariumists who want to pay quite a lot of money in exchange for the benefits received were more than pleasing. Now it became possible to plant an aquarium with plants in a very short time, while they looked as if they had grown there for years. This, and the fact that plants can be moved by aquarium without disturbing them and without damaging, which led earlier to slowing down growth, made them extremely popular for demonstration purposes. In addition, such plants can be used in the aquarium to mask technical devices, hoses and wires.

The cultivation of aquarium plants on an industrial scale began with the cultivation of individual copies and then plants appeared in plastic pots with fillers from mineral wool on sale. The production of plants grown on stones and snags is the third generation of aquarium plants and is a natural continuation of this process.

 

Source:hydrogardengeek.com 

 

You will be interest

https://docs.zohopublic.eu/file/abt3mf1fe3fafefd74326b2a3a1d53296d9bb

http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/blog/712/entry-2071-carbon-dioxide-in-a-greenhouse/

https://steemit.com/co2/@liahughes/co2-for-a-greenhouse-and-a-glow

Imprint

Publication Date: 12-23-2022

All Rights Reserved

Next Page
Page 1 /