Cover

Who's the murderer?




Julia and her husband sat on the sofa in their second flat. Julia was a painter, so she needed more space for her pictures and portraits. Now they were talking about Julia’s best friend Linda. “She is a bastard. I couldn’t believe it when I heard it the first time”, said Julia. “But why is she talking behind your back?” asked Tom. “I thought that we were real friends, but she is only ripping me off. When she comes this evening, I will talk to her. Do we have something to drink here?” “Yeah, but only some orange juice! Do you want to have a coffee party with her?” “No, but she is allergic to orange juice. I think that this will be an interesting evening”, said Julia and smiled. “You are a really bad girl, Julia, aren’t you?” “Yes, I am. And there is something else I have to tell you”, answered Julia. “What is it”, asked Tom. Julia looked at him mysteriously.
The next day, when Tom was on his way to the flat to see his wife because she wanted to paint all night long, he saw that the police was at the flat. “What’s the matter, officer?” Tom asked. “Are you Julia Mayer’s husband? Something has happened”, said the police officer. “What has happened?” asked Tom impatiently. “She is dead. We think that she was killed the last night”, answered the officer. “I want to see this because I can’t believe it”, said Tom and went upstairs and entered the flat.
Julia’s dead body lay on the ground; she had been hit with something very heavy because there was blood everywhere. A broken cup lay on the ground; somebody had spilt some orange juice. It was very cold in the room because the window was open. “What do you think has happened here?” asked Tom the police officer. “We found this broken cup on the ground. There are fingerprints on it, but so far we don’t know whose. But the fingerprints have to be the ones of the murderer because they are not from your wife. We have found a plastic bag full with drugs and a purse with money in it. Who do you think is the murderer?” asked the officer. “I don’t know, but yesterday evening my wife wanted to meet her friend Linda. You have to know that Linda ripped off Julia and I think that she was not pleased to hear that my wife found this out”, said Tom. “And what about the drugs?” “Julia and I, we are no drug-addicts. I can only think about Julia’s brother because he is a drug addict. He often comes to borrow money from my wife. He is very aggressive when he doesn’t get his drugs”, answered Tom. “Okay, we have to wait and check, who is really the murderer, but somehow I already know who it is”, said the police officer. “Really, who?” asked Tom interested.

Who do you think is the murderer, Linda or Julia’s brother? Why, why not? What could have happened?


Solution:
There are fingerprints of the murderer on the cup in which the orange juice had been. So Linda can’t have killed Julia because she is allergic to orange juice. Next, there is an open window. Julia’s brother climbed through the window into the flat and there he lost a plastic bag full of drugs. If he wanted to borrow some money from his sister, why is the purse not empty? So who is the murderer? Probably, Tom would be a good actor, but now he spends his time in prison because he has killed his wife. When Julia told him last night that she had an affair with Tom’s attractive best friend, he lost control of his temper and killed his wife.

Imprint

Publication Date: 01-15-2010

All Rights Reserved

Next Page
Page 1 /