Cover


Book
Of
Shadows






The Zodiac



The Moon phase


The Moon phase... The proper Moon phase is one of the keys to success in Spell casting. There are many Spells that I do on the night of the Full Moon for maximum effect and potency just as farmers may plant there seedlings during the Full Moon. The Moon effects everything and can effect our moods and actions. Ever notice that people seem to be more wound up and crazy during the Full Moon? I see it all the time. There are four phases of the Moon... New Moon, Waxing Moon, Full Moon and the Waning Moon. Each of these phases has a 7 day period for doing your Magical workings. If you add these phases up, you come up with the 28 day lunar month. The time period for each phase is... 3 days before to 3 days after. This gives you plenty of time to plan and do you Spell casting. Not everyone can plan on doing Magic on one certain day, so this opens the window of opportunity for those of you who have a busy schedule. Here is what the different phases are normally used for in Magic.

New Moon - There are usually two days of the new moon. This phase is very similar to the Waning Moon and used to rid ones self of things.

Waxing Moon - This is when the moon is increasing in size of visibility. This phase is for doing Spells that might increase your gain such as Love, money, power or other material things.

Full Moon - This the phase where I do my most important spells. For my beliefs are that my Magic is much more powerful during this phase. Most people like my friends only consider the Full Moon the actual day that it is the fullest and marked on the calendar. They do not know that the Moon has the same influence for a seven day period. Once again I personally prefer to work on the night of the Full Moon, at its fullest.

Waning Moon - This is when the moon is decreasing in size of visibility. This phase is normally for Spells that do away with things or make things go away. Such as making an enemy go away or a bad spirit or slander along with many other things

Magical Principles



1.Magic is natural

2. Harm none, not even your self, through its use

3. Magic requires effort. You will receive what you put in to it

4. Magic in not usually instaneous. Spells require time to be effective .

5. Magic should not be performed for pay

6. Magic should not be used in jest or to inflate your ego

7. Magic can be worked for your own gain, but only if it harms none

8. Magic is a divine act

9. Magic can be used for defense, but should never be used for attack

10. Magic is knowledge of its ways and laws, and also of its effectiveness. Know that magic works !

11. Magic is love. All magic should be performed out of love

The Eight- Fold Path



1. Mental discipline through fasting and physical disciplines.

2. Development of Will through mental, imagery, visualization, and meditation.

3. Proper controlled use of drugs (hemp or peyote)

4. Personal power through projection, raising and drawing power

5. The keys; ritual knowledge and practice. Use of enchantments, spells, symbols and charms.

6. Psychic development and dream control

7. Rising upon the planes. Astral projection and mental projection.

8. Sex magic, sensuality, and eroticism

Candle Magic


Candle Magic


From above to below
Flows the pattern of perfection
From desire to manifestation
Flows the pattern of Magick
From within to without
Flows the pattern of my will

Candle magick is probably one of the simplest forms of magick to get started with. You need nothing but the candle and fire to light it with. Candle magick can also be seen to be complete within itself, as the body of the candle is made up from the elements of Earth, Air and Water. To complete you



need fire and spirit. Fire is easy, and Spirit can be represented by the wick of the candle, as the wick is where the potential of the candle lies and will be unfolded with. With the candle lit, the flame of your intent will burn.

CANDLE MAGIC have been used for centuries for magick and ritual. We light candles at holidays, a practice that takes place in many different religions, cultures and traditions. Candles invoke the divine, they create a sense of ceremony and they are fascinating to look at. Candles can be purchased anywhere, by anyone without anyone blinking an eye or suspecting magick and witchcraft!

Through their ability to help you to focus on your wishes they make your heart's desire come true. Try it next time you want to make something happen in your life! Below is a few simple guidelines for using candles in


magick!

Unwittingly you probably performed your first act of Candle Magick when you where very young on your birthday, blowing out the candles on your cake and making a wish!

This tradition is based on the three principals of magick; being concentration, will power and visualization. You have to concentrate to blow the candles out, wish and see your dream coming true - absolute magick!

Important pointers on choosing a candle:

Choose a plain candle, of uniform shape. Having unusual or large candles can be distracting and is therefore not suitable for magickal use.


Candles used for magick should always be Virgin (unused) at the start of the ritual. Using secondhand candles or other materials in magick can have disastrous effects as they might have picked up vibrations from previous use, even if it was just on a dinner table!
It is a very good idea to make your own candles if they are for magickal use. It will increase the magickal potency of the candle many times.
It is very easy to make your own candles, simply heat the wax until liquid and pour it into a mould which is treaded with a wick. The wax should now be left to cool, after which the mould can be removed. Oils and colors can be added to the Wax for extra effects.
Charge your candle before using it in ritual. This can be done by anointing it with oils associated with the ritual or magick you intend on performing, or by simply touching it and charging it with your own energy.
Whilst charging the candle, visualize the North and South Poles - rub the oil into the candle starting at either the North or South end and always



brush in the same direction.
The oils used in the anointing of your candle should where possible always be natural fragrances.
Try to color the candles according the color associations below.
Astrological Associations for Candle Magick

Aries -Red
Taurus- Green
Gemini -Yellow
Cancer- Silver
Leo -Orange
Virgo -Yellow
Libra -Pink
Scorpio- Red



Sagittarius -Purple
Capricorn -Black
Aquarius- Any Color
Pisces -Mauve
An absent coven member can be represented by a candle representing their sun sign, or if you are doing a spell for someone you can represent that person with a candle representing their sun sign.

Colors for magickal purposes

White - Can be used for any purpose

Black - Attributed to Saturn. Saturn is used for retribution and when we have been wronged - revenge. Be careful, you may feel that you need to


punish someone at once with a Hex and make them suffer! That is real power yeah?

Wrong!

Remember the laws of return, and avoid this temptation! This is most probably why Saturn is the teacher.

Black candles is used for Discord, protection from retribution, power, strength, banishing rituals and protection.

Blue - Peace and Harmony, protection, healing, curing fevers, re-uniting friendships, house blessings, breaking bad habits, overcoming addiction, clearing atmosphere where there are arguments or trauma.



Brown - Used for the Physical Planes, as a combination of the colors Green and Red, Mars and Venus blended together as one. It is often used to separate, and also for grounding and stabilizing.

Brown is ruled by Pluto, the Lord of the Outer Spaces and The Dead.

In Candle Magick, Brown is used for spells involving: Concentration, balance, ESP, intuition, study, justice and separation.

Gold or light Yellow - This color attracts Cosmic influences and is beneficial used in rituals intended to bring fast luck and money. It is also used in rituals needing solar energy.

General uses in Candle Magick would include:




Fortune
Understanding
Divination
Financial gain
Higher influences.
Green Venus.- Venus rules on an earthy level, and green can attract all the things ruled by Venus. Treasure, antiques, worldly possessions. Green is often used in conjunction with orange, Mercury candle - used to clear obstacles in the way of revealing hidden treasure.

In Candle Magick green is used for fertility, good fortune, generosity, money, wealth, success, renewal, marriage, healing cancer and helping with female problems.



Indigo - This is used in meditation and ritual which demands the energy of Saturn, such as deep meditation, balancing Karma, stopping gossip and astral projection.

Magenta - This has a very high vibrational frequency and tends to work very fast. It is often used with other candles. General uses involve - quick changes, spiritual healing and exorcism.

Orange Communication - Orange is ruled by Mercury, the divine messenger of the Gods. Orange works well when two people wish to have their telepathic senses opened together. Remember that Mercury is a trickster and when using this to "invade" another person, the trick could be on you!

This is excellent for job hunting, success, encouragement, adaptability,

stimulation, attraction, sudden change, control, power to draw the good things in life and to change luck.

Pink - Pink is THE romantic color, indicating love, affection, romance, spiritual awakening, healing of spirits and togetherness.

Purple - Used to gain honor, respect and recognition of others

Create A Lucky Charm


Create A Lucky Charm

Once you have your object, you may wish to wash it in a stream or a body of natural water. Then, place it in your palm of your power hand (the hand you write with) and chant:
This object is mine and shall forever be,
A charm of great intensity.
I seal this spell and let it be,
Be my luck, so mote it be.
This charm should be carried always with you and placed underneath your pillow whenever you are sleeping. Once you feel like you do not need it anymore, simply hold it in your power hand and say:
It is done.
The item will no longer have any value to you after doing this.

Commitment Spell


Commitment Spell


Items you will need

A string or thread from the target's clothing about 9 (or preferably more) inches long.
A string from your clothing of the same length
A Red Candle (any type)
A tall red taper candle
A drop of the person's scent (this would be their favorite cologne/perfume, aftershave, shampoo, sweat, whatever they smell like the most)
Dried rose petals
Vanilla extract, about 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce)
A rose quartz (washed in hot soapy water and rinsed well)
1 ounce of rum
2 cups of fresh water (spring water, rain water, collected dew, distilled water, whatever you prefer)


Salt (any type)
Incense (any type but musk or vanilla are especially appropriate)
Glass vial or potion bottle
Maintain focus on your target coming to you in love during the entire working and as often as you can until the spell is fulfilled.


Items you will need

A string or thread from the target's clothing about 9 (or preferably more) inches long.
A string from your clothing of the same length
A Red Candle (any type)
A tall red taper candle
A drop of the person's scent (this would be their favorite cologne/perfume, aftershave, shampoo, sweat, whatever they smell like the most)

Dried rose petals
Vanilla extract, about 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce)
A rose quartz (washed in hot soapy water and rinsed well)
1 ounce of rum
2 cups of fresh water (spring water, rain water, collected dew, distilled water, whatever you prefer)
Salt (any type)
Incense (any type but musk or vanilla are especially appropriate)
Glass vial or potion bottle
Maintain focus on your target coming to you in love during the entire working and as often as you can until the spell is fulfilled.


Potion Preparation: Bring the fresh water to a boil for 5 minutes. Turn down the heat very low so the mixture stays warm but does not boil. add the rose petals while saying:

'''Dancing on the wind I go,
to aid ________'s love to flow.

His/her love will now fully bloom.
His/her desire for me will come soon!''

Reconfirm your focus, remove the mixture from the stove. Add a pinch of salt while saying:

'No one may interfere magickally,
this spell can only be undone by me.'

Reconfirm your focus; add the ounce of rum while saying:

'Drunk with love he/she will come to me,
no other love will he/she see.
Our love will grow in purity,
and once it is true, this spell is set free.'

Let the mixture cool and put it in a nice glass bottle with the rose quartz. This should be a bottle that has an appealing shape and is worthy of containing such a potion. (Do not use a bottle that used to contain something strong smelling like cologne) Now comes the actual spell casting,

so far you have completed the potion, which is an ingredient of the actual spell.

Timing:
This part of the working should start about 15 minutes before sunrise on a Friday. It should be concluded by 1 hour after sunrise so make sure you know it from start to finish in your mind. Check your local weather station for exact sunrise times.

Begin:
Clear an open area that you can work in and are comfortable in, this should be approximately a 6-foot diameter space. You should not feel cramped. Find some sort of table with at least 1-foot of top surface space. Place the table in the center of the area you have cleared and assemble the two candles, the strings, the potion, a bowl of salt, incense, target's scent (cologne, etc)

Armed with the salt and starting in the north of your working area, cast a circle by making a salt circle. Cast is clockwise (doesil) while saying:
'I cast this circle to protect me from bane.
I cast this circle to contain my energy until it is open.

The circle is strong and will hold true.'

Light the red candle and facing south say:

'Burning passion and desire,
arise in _______ like a burning fire!'

Place the candle on the table, pick up the taper candle and anoint it with the target's scent. With the cologne or whatever on your index finger, start in the middle of the candle and move down. Go all around the candles bottom half only rubbing in downward strokes. Now start in the middle again and rub up to the wick all around the candle only in upward strokes. Focus on your target coming to you in love.

Take both strings, hold them together and tie a knot at one end while focusing and saying: (fill in the blank with the name of the person you desire.)
''I bind this knot and bring _____'s love.''


Tie another knot at the opposite end of the parallel strings while saying:
''I bind this knot and bring _____'s desire.''
Tie another knot near the first one on the opposite side:
''I bind this knot and bring _____'s faithfulness.''

Tie another knot next to the second one you tied:
''I bind ______'s love to me.''
Another next to the third one you tied:
''Come to me, so mote it be!''

Wrap the cord around the anointed taper at the base and light it while saying:
''The fire of love burns in his/her heart!''


Light the incense while saying:
''This smoke does hereby evoke, his/her commitment to me that he/she cannot revoke!''
Sit and focus on your goal, you may wish to chant the following:
''______ to me, so mote it be.''

After a few minutes, pick up the red candle and let three drops of wax fall on the bottle of potion (not in it, just on the lid or glass) and say:

''This spell is sealed!''
Put down the candle, remove the knotted cord, open the potion and dip the cord into it once while saying:

''I infuse this cord,
the spell is stored.
So long as knots remain,
his/her love for me will never wane.''

Recap the potion and hold it above the incense so that smoke surrounds it.

Turn it so the smoke reaches all sides and say:

''This smoke seals his/her love for me!''

Repeat the 'smudging' with incense for the knotted core and say:

''His/her love is bound!''

Place all items back on the table and go around the circle counterclockwise (widdershins) while saying:
''The circle is open,
the spell is released.
His/her love for me,
will never cease!''

Take the potion outside so that sunlight will infuse it. Set it in the sun for as long as remains of the hour past sunrise. Take the potion in and store it in a safe space. Each day place a drop of the potion on your forehead, each breast and on your genital area (on the hair is safest)- 4 drops total. Carry the cord with you at all times and keep it near you when you sleep. Do not

let anyone else see it. You can optionally store the cord in a safe space.

Whenever the opportunity arises, sneak a FEW, 3 is best, drops of the potion is food or drink that your target will consume.

Hand fasting Ceremony


Hand fasting Ceremony

PROPS:

1 small table
3 matching clay, porcelain,
or pewter bowls (1 filled with earth, 1 with water)
1 white or green candle
matches
1 white cord
1 broom
PARTICIPANTS:

the Celebrant
the Bride
the Groom
2 Witnesses (the maid of honor and best man might be good choices, if willing)
Before the ceremony begins, the Celebrant will place the table in the center of the area designated to be the ritual space. He/she will place the bowls and the candle on the table, lighting the candle.

She/he then invites the Bride and the Groom to join with him/her in the center of the room, next to the table. An alternative part of the ceremony will be noted below if no one is willing to do so.

CELEBRANT:

We come together today to witness the joining of two lives. Are there two people here who are willing to witness the declarations of intent this woman and this man wish to make?

WITNESS(ES):

We are willing.

CELEBRANT:

Come then, and join us here. (They join the Celebrant, Bride, and Groom. The Bride and Groom stand facing the table with the props. The Celebrant stands between them and the table, and the Witnesses stand off to one side of the table, at right angles to the Bride and Groom.)

(the CELEBRANT turns to face the audience)

Our work today is a happy one. We are gathered in the presence of the fruitful trees, the flowing waters, the warming sun and the sighing air, and in the sight of the Goddess of our Blessed Earth to celebrate the joining of our friends (Bride) and (Groom) in union by the fasting of their hands in ancient rite.

(holding up Cord)

This is the Cord of Handfasting. It will bind (Bride) and (Groom) together with bonds of love. For such bonds to be strong, they need support - not only from the couple themselves, but from the Goddess and God. But most of all, they will need the support of their community of family and friends. When I bind their hands together, please focus on this Cord and let your support flow as loving strength into it.

(holding up Broom)

This broom is a symbol of the joining of equals. At the close of the ceremony, the newly handfasted couple will jump the broom to exit the circle - but we'll have to yell really loud at them to remind them to jump the broom. You all know how newlyweds are...!

The Bride and Groom join the Celebrant in walking deosil, stopping at each cardinal point, as he/she casts a Circle big enough to encompass the participants and the table with props.

CELEBRANT: (turning to the East)

Be with us here, O Spirits of the East, Spirits of Air, to witness this declaration! With your breath of life, join the bonds between these two and tie them tightly.

(turning to the South)

Be with us here, O Spirits of the South, Spirits of Fire, to witness this declaration! Give their love and passion your own all consuming ardor.

(turning to the West)

Be with us here, O Spirits of the West, Spirits of Water, to witness this declaration! Grant these two the deepest of love, richness of body, soul and spirit.

(turning to the North)

Be with us here, O Spirits of the North, Spirits of Earth, to witness this declaration! Let your strength and constancy be theirs for as long as they desire to be together.

The Circle is closed.

The Celebrant moves to face the Bride and Groom, between them and the table. She/he turns to the table and takes the bowl with earth in it. He/she then turns to face the Bride directly, and hands her the bowl of earth.

CELEBRANT: (to BRIDE)

The Earth is the alpha and omega of existence. All living things are born of the Earth, and it is through the Earth's mercy that all living things persevere. All beings return to the Earth when Life's voyage ends. Such it is with Humankind - all Humankind is born of Woman, and it is through Woman that humankind perseveres.

In the presence of the first Sacred Thing, (Bride), I ask you for the first time - if it is your wish to become one with this man, will you pledge your love through all that may come, as long as love shall last?

BRIDE:

I so pledge.

The Celebrant takes back the bowl with earth in it. He/she then turns to the table, replaces the bowl of earth, and picks up the empty bowl. She/he turns to face the Groom directly, and hands him the empty bowl.

CELEBRANT: (to GROOM)

The Air is that which first sustains us upon entering this world when, as a newborn babe, we take our first breath. The Air is the last thing we give back to the world when we leave it. In between, it is the Air that we depend on most to live, and that to which we give the least consideration.

In the presence of the second Sacred Thing, (Groom), I ask you for the first time, if it is your wish to become one with this woman, will you pledge your love through all that may come, as long as love shall last?

GROOM:

I so pledge.

The Celebrant takes back the empty bowl. He/she then turns to the table, replaces the empty bowl, lights the candle and picks it up. She/he turns to face the Groom directly, and hands him the candle.

CELEBRANT: (to GROOM)

The Fire which burns in this candle is the same fire that burns in the bodies of all living things.It burns in the Air, but does not consume the Air. It is this same fire which burns in the Sun, and that provides us with the heat and light we need to live.

In the presence of the third Sacred Thing, (Groom), I ask you for the second time, if it is your wish to become one with this woman, will you pledge your love through all that may come, as long as love shall last?

The Celebrant takes back the candle. He/she then turns to the table, replaces the candle, and picks up the bowl of water . She/he turns to face the Bride directly, and hands her the bowl of water.

CELEBRANT: (to BRIDE)

The Water is the womb from whence sprung the first beings that crawled upon the Earth. Humankind's ancient fascination with the ocean is a faint echo of that memory. With water to slake our thirst, and the Earth's bounty to fill our bellies, there is nothing more we need.

In the presence of the fourth Sacred Thing, (Bride), I ask you for the second time - if it is your wish to become one with this man, will you pledge your love through all that may come, as long as love shall last?

BRIDE:

I so pledge.

The Celebrant takes back the bowl of water. He/she then turns to the table and replaces the bowl. She/he turns to face the Bride and Groom directly.

CELEBRANT: (to Bride and Groom)

Face each other and join hands, please.

The Spirit which animates the flesh you wear in this incarnation is that Spirit which all living beings share. We are all reflections of the Great Mystery, male and female, human and non-human, animal, plant, and mineral alike. We are all of this Earth, not on this Earth.

In the presence of the fifth Sacred Thing, I ask you both for the third and final time - if it is your wish to become one with this person, will you pledge your love through all that may come, as long as love shall last?

BRIDE & GROOM: (together)

I so pledge.

CELEBRANT: (faces the AUDIENCE)

Are there any here who say nay?

The CELEBRANT turns to the table, retrieves the white cord, and binds the couple's wrists together while they each recite the following in turn:

GROOM : (to BRIDE)

You cannot possess me for I belong to myself. But while we both wish it, I give you that which is mine to give. You cannot command me for I am a free person. But I shall serve you in those ways you require and the honeycomb will taste sweeter coming from my hand. I pledge to you that yours will be the name I cry aloud in the night, and the eyes into which I smile in the morning. I pledge to you the first bite from my meat and the first drink from my cup. I pledge to you my living and my dying, each equally in your care. I shall be a shield for your back. I shall not slander you. I shall honor you above all others, and when we quarrel, we shall do so in private and tell no strangers our grievances. This is my wedding vow to you. This is the marriage of equals.

BRIDE : (to GROOM )

You cannot possess me for I belong to myself. But while we both wish it, I give you that which is mine to give. You cannot command me for I am a free person. But I shall serve you in those ways you require and the honeycomb will taste sweeter coming from my hand. I pledge to you that yours will be the name I cry aloud in the night, and the eyes into which I smile in the morning. I pledge to you the first bite from my meat and the first drink from my cup. I pledge to you my living and my dying, each equally in your care. I shall be a shield for your back. I shall not slander you. I shall honor you above all others, and when we quarrel, we shall do so in private and tell no strangers our grievances. This is my wedding vow to you. This is the marriage of equals.

The Celebrant turns to face the Witnesses directly. If there are no Witnesses within the Circle, this address will be omitted.

CELEBRANT: (to Witnesses)

You have heard this man and this woman declare of their own free will and in the presence of the Five Sacred Things their pledge to share the rest of their lives with each other, and to honor the other above all as long as love shall last. In our faith, no oath could be more binding. I ask you to remember that this man and this woman, your friends, have made this pledge and that in witnessing this, you have a duty to remind them of this day if ever they should stray from their professed intent.

CELEBRANT: (to Bride and Groom)

In the presence of the Five Sacred Things, and three times over, you have each of your own free will professed your wish to share the rest of your lives with each other and to honor each other above all in front of three witnesses.

It is not for anyone here to judge your decision. I will say only that the Laws of Karma, and you yourselves, can judge how well you each honor your pledge.

Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be the shelter to the other.
Now you will feel no cold, for each of you shall be the warmth to the other.
Now there is no more loneliness for you.
Now there is no more loneliness.
Now you are two bodies, but there is only one life before you.

Go now to your dwelling place to enter into the days of your togetherness,
And may your days be good and long upon this Earth.

An it harm none, so mote it be!

The CELEBRANT unbinds their hands. The BRIDE and GROOM join the CELEBRANT as they walk widdershins around the circle, stopping at each cardinal point. Meanwhile, the two WITNESSES get the broom and proceed to the point in the circle so that the BRIDE and GROOM will jump the broom facing the audience.

CELEBRANT:

(turning to the North)

We thank you, spirits of Earth, spirits of the North, for coming to witness this declaration. Let your strength and constancy be theirs for as long as they desire to be together.

(turning to the West)

We thank you, spirits of Water, spirits of the West, for coming to witness this declaration. Grant these two the deepest of love, richness of body, soul and spirit.

(turning to the South)

We thank you, spirits of Fire, spirits of the South, for coming to witness this declaration. Give their love and passion your own all consuming ardor.

(turning to the East)

We thank you, spirits of Air, spirits of the East, for coming to witness this declaration.With your breath of life, join the bonds between these two and tie them tightly.

The Circle is no more, yet is unbroken.
All from air into air, let the misty curtain part.
All is ended, all is done
What has been must now be gone!
What is done by ancient art
Must merry meet and merry part

AND MERRY MEET AGAIN!

The WITNESSES crouch down, and hold the broom a LITTLE BIT off the ground. The CELEBRANT leads the chant:

JUMP THE BROOM!

as the BRIDE and GROOM make a running start and jump the broom on their way out.

Generic Pagan Funeral For A Elder Woman


Generic Pagan Funeral For A Elder Woman


(as written, to be conducted by a group of Priestess, Priest, chief mourner and possibly other coven members as attendants, i.e. ushers.)

The room (perhaps of a funeral home) is decorated with evergreen boughs and roses. This supposes there is a casket, but may be adapted if there is a picture only of the deceased.

Before anyone comes into the room, the priest and priestess may cast a circle, summon the quarters and invoke the Lady and Lord.

As the mourners enter, they will be greeted at the door (and portal to the circle) by the Priest and Priestess. When all are seated, the priestess


begins.

PRIESTESS: (adapted from the "Decent of the Goddess," in the Farrars' Witches Bible Complete )

There are three great events in the life of a person: love, death and resurrection to a new life. Of these love is the most important. For by love and in fulfillment of it, we may again be joined with our families and friends, remembering and loving them again. Death cannot take away love or our loved ones.

Without love there is no birth, without birth no death, without death no rebirth. This is the miracle of love.

PRIEST:




----(name of Chief mourner, here a son), loving son, all here feel your sorrow and with you honor ----(name of deceased).

Nearest relative or chief mourner tells about the persons life and accomplishments. Others may speak also. When this is finished, the priest continues.

PRIEST:(adapted from memorial service of "Magical rites from the Crystal Well")

For a while we have lost one who is dear to us, but it is only for a time and we should not be sorrowful. There is a reason to be here and a reason to go when we have fulfilled the tasks of a life's work. Dying is only a way of forgetting, of resting, of returning to the eternal source to be renewed and made strong.



PRIESTESS:(adapted from the rite of the Three-Fold-Goddess in the Witches Bible)

Behold a woman who has been three women. First a girl full of dreams and hope. Then a mother who brought forth life and gave love. Finally an elder, rich in knowledge and experience. Her journey is ended and a new one begun. Let us bid her farewell and entreat all her loved ones who have gone before her to greet and guide her on her way.

The priest may then instruct the mourners to bid a personal farewell if they desire, then proceed to the foyer or otherwise outside the room. This is the traditional time to play the departed loved one's favorite song or hymn. Again, some attendant should be at the portal to see all out of the circle. The priest, priestess and perhaps the chief mourner may then thank the Gods, release the quarters and open the circle.

Some refreshment in the outer area might be available to help the people ground a bit. The pall bearers may then return and carry the casket to the conveyance.

At the grave side, salt or ashes, water and wine, and aromatic oil may have been poured to bless the site.

"We wish you all love and happiness. Do not forget us. We will not forget you. We find our peace and hope in the sure and certain knowledge that we shall meet again and at that time we will celebrate in perfect love."

After the casket is lowered, the chief mourner throws earth upon the grave.

This is again a traditional time for all to eat together. This helps in grounding.

Imprint

Publication Date: 01-04-2012

All Rights Reserved

Dedication:
To my Dragon Poet the magic in my life

Next Page
Page 1 /