Cover

(Un)lucky Number Thirteen…
Chapter one-
“ Gal did you finish the biology homework?” Des leaned against the lockers next to me. I tried pushing everything without it all falling back out. Just one more book… I pushed it in and then slammed the door shut. I leaned against the locker, and looked at Des. Her red hair stood out, and she had amazing blue eyes that anyone could become entranced in. I envied her.
“ No Des I didn’t do the homework,” I said. Her eyes dilated.
“ Awe come on Gal!” She cried.
“ Gee, sorry I didn’t do my homework so you can copy off it,” I laughed. She lightly hit my arm.
“ Im not copying!”
“ Oh yeah?” I smiled.
Des looked around and then looked in front of her, and Rickey stood there.
“ Rickey, did you do your biology homework!” Des nearly screamed.
Rickey looked at me for a second.
“ You didn’t do it Gal did you?” he laughed. I shrugged my shoulders. Rickey rolled his eyes, and searched in his book bag, and brought out a ripped, and scrunched up piece of paper. Des ripped it out of his hands.
“ Your my knight in shining armor!” She beamed. I shook my head, and then the bell rang and Des ran down the hall to her next class. Rickey and I stood there.
“ You’re going to be late for English,” Rickey laughed. I sighed and looked up at him.
“ Dress up as me, and go to English?” I sighed.
“ so your telling me I can pass off as looking as a girl?” He said placing his hand over his heart. I rolled my eyes. “ I really don’t want to go. I mean it’s their…” I murmured.
“ Ah come on Gal, Ashton isn’t that bad,” Rickey laughed. I covered my ears.
“ Oh god that name is going to make my ears bleed!” I squealed.
“ God…” Rickey sighed. I glared at him.
“ Rickey! You know I hate Ashton! He is a total prick. I mean come on not even two months ago he is a new student and he acts like he owned the place since day one!” I yelped.
“ He practically does own the place Gal,” Rickey sighed. “ damn,” He sighed. I looked up at him.
“ What?”
“ Im late to class,” He sighed. I hit his chest, and shooed him away.
“ Wuss,” I mumbled to myself not intending for Rickey to hear.
“ Hey I heard that!” he yelled across the hall.
“ Sorry, you weren’t supposed to!” I laughed. I walked down the hall, and stopped at my English class… This is my junior year of high school, and ever since that Ashton came it’s been hell… I mean he came here not even two months ago and he is the most popular, hottest, guy in school.. no he is arrogant, stuck up, ugly, man whore-
“ Ms. Sexz?” someone said. I looked over and saw my English teacher standing next to me.
“ your late,” he said.
“ Mr. Rook you’re not even in the class, so technically your also late,” I mumbled. He gave me a scolding look and I shut up, and walked into class with him following behind me. I stumbled to the end of the room, and took a seat in the back, and in the corner. I walked past Ashton, and he brought out his foot, and I stumbled over it and dropped all my books. I looked down at him, and rolled my eyes, and went to pick up my books.
“ Sex!!!!” He snickered. I knelt there and looked up at him.
“ Ashton grow up,” I growled.
“ once you start growing taller, Ill grow up then,” he gave me a sly smile. I put my books on my desk, and sat down. Kale, Ashton’s best friend sat next to me. I was stuck around total idiots.
“ Sex!” Ashton whispered. He tilted his head back so he was looking at me upside down. I took my books, and shoved them against his face, and he sat up and grunted.
“ It’s not my fault your last name is sex,” He said. I clenched my fist, and looked at him.
“ That’s not my last name damn you! Its Sexz!” I snarled.
“ It still sounds like sex moron,” he rolled his eyes.
“ It’s not spelled like the intimate word sex though,” I grumbled sitting back in my seat. I hate my last name. In two years when I turn eighteen I am so changing it…. Kale let out little laughter’s, and I glared over at him, and he winced at me.
“ SEX!” They both whispered at the same time.
“ Im surrounded by idiots!” I yelled out. Much louder than I planned to. Everyone turned around and looked at me, and Mr. Rook even glanced up at me. I threw my hands up pointing at Kale, and Ashton.
“ Galaxy, if you have nothing nice to say then don’t say it at all,” Mr. Rook said looking at me. I looked down at my hands and then back up at Mr. Rook.
“ Sorry,” I muttered. I heard Ashton chuckled, and I took my right foot and kicked the side of his leg, and he let out a little oomph.
“ Yeah Galaxy be nice,” Ashton said turning around to look at me. My eyes bulged and I bit my lip glaring at him, and I looked up and saw Mr. Rook staring at me. I huffed, and put my head on the desk.
“ motherfuckersihatethemall,” I mumbled into my desk. Mr. Rook handed out a sheet, and I looked up at it, and slid it to the other side of the desk not bothering to read it.
“ Okay, so our next assignment will be with partners. What I will do is that you will have to spend over one hundred hours with your partner for the next month, and you’re going to learn about this person. I will give you all a video recorder, and a voice recorder, and you will record your hours that you spend with your partner. At the end of the month you must write a three page paper, about that person and one thing which you have learned,” he smiled. Someone raised their hand.
“ Do we get to pick our partners?” Some girl said quietly.
“ No,” he started. Everyone started to complain. “ Listen! I will put two of the same numbers on a popsicle sticks and whoever has matching numbers will be partners,” he smiled. Oh this sounds like so much damn fun. Mr. Rook started to bring out a bucket, and some of the girls laughed, and he went to each desk, and people picked a stick. Laughter’s and whispered filled the classroom, and then Mr. Rook stood next to Ashton, and he took out a stick and did a fist pump.
“ Lucky number thirteen baby!” he smiled. He then put the can to Kale, Kale looked at Ashton and shook his head.
“ I got seven brow,” he frowned. Then Mr. Rook stood in front of me and without looking up I put my hand in the bucket, and took out the stick. I held it in my hands, and looked up at the number. I dropped the stick on the desk, and covered it with my hands holding it to my chest. Oh my god… oh my god…
“ Okay were…” Mr. Rook started but my hand shot up. “ What is it Galaxy?” He asked.
“ Ugh. Oh… Ugh can someone like switch partners with me?” I muttered.
“ Galaxy why would you want to do that?” Mr. Rook asked. I stood up and stood over Ashton, and waved my hand over him.
“ Because I got this thing!” I spat. Ashton looked up at me and he started to grin from ear to ear. Not a pretty grin either... it was just plain creepy.
“ im sorry galaxy but no,” he said.
“ B- But!” Mr. Rook cut me off.
“ Galaxy you will spent one hundred hours with Ashton for a month,” Mr. Rook said loudly. I sat down in my seat, and hit my head on my desk.
“ YOUHAVETOBEFREAKINGKIDDINGME!” I mumbled. I heard Ashton laugh, and I tilted my head up and he was looking at me.
“ Hey partner,” He winced. I moaned and put my head back down. “ Look she is already moaning for me,” Ashton laughed. My head shot up and I glared at him.
“ You little perv!” I hissed. He smiled and looked down at my cleavage… I widened my eyes, and took my foot and kicked him so hard in his thigh that he bit his hand to keep back his yelp.
“ Never. Again.” I snarled. Kale was next to us bursting out into laughter’s. “ Ah shut it Kale,” I glared at him. The bell rang, and I darted out of my seat, and ran out of the classroom. I bumped into people, and they mumbled things like watch it or get out of my way, and I just rolled my eyes, and made my way to my last class… art… the only class I don’t have Ashton in. As soon as I got in there I took a piece of paper, and some charcoal, and I roughly started to make a sketch. After, about thirty minutes I looked down at the paper, and I gasped. Oh my god I didn’t even know what I was drawing. I had drew a picture of me hanging Ashton over a pool of sharks. I little smile came across my face. Oh how I would love to do that that though.
“ Whoa Galaxy, someone sure pissed you off,” Des laughed. I looked over at her, and looked back at the picture.
“ You won’t even imagine,” I mumbled glaring at the picture.

Chapter two-
I went to my car, and searched through my keys. I started to get frustrated so I tipped my purse over on the hood of my car, and spilt everything out. I rummaged through my things, and found my silver keys. I started to push everything back into the purse, before I heard a slight chuckled behind me. I turned around and saw Ashton and his football buddies standing around his hummer. Ashton is also a football player, and his ego is way too big. They stood around the car making jokes, and their where about five of them I should say. I turned back to my car, and continued to put my things away, and I felt something sting my arm, and I dropped my purse and saw a bee on my arm. I bit my tongue, and jumped back. The bee left and I looked at my arm. OUCH! I shook my arm, and did a little dance because I wanted to scream. I stumbled to the ground and started to pick everything up that has fallen to the ground. I reached for my wallet, phone, and where is my lip balm? I turned on my foot, still on the ground, and spotted five pairs of feet standing in front of my. My eyes travelled up the one pair of legs that where directly in front of me, and then I saw Ashton’s stupid smirk on his feet. I sighed and grabbed the lip balm that was next to his foot and shoved it in my bag. I stood up, and they were all looking at me.
I was the most invisible girl at school. I wore ripped jeans or baggy pants, with a long shirt or a really big one. And I wear my hair in a ponytail. Its long.
“ Hey Galaxy,” Ashton smiled. I looked at him, and sighed and turned on my heal to go to my car, but I felt someone grab my elbow, and turn me back around. I stood in front of Ashton and he hovered over me.
“ What do you want?” I mumbled.
“ I need your number,” He smiled.
I scrunched my face, and shook my head.
“ Ugh- No,” I hissed. The guys in back of him let out little laughs.
“ I don’t want it so I can have little chats. Its so I can get ahold of you for the project,” He was becoming frustrated.
“ There is a thing called Facebook,” I growled. He know just looked irritated. Then I felt my keys snatched from me, and Ashton held them in the air.
“ What are you doing?” I yelped. I tried to reach for them but he was way too tall. It was about a foot away from my grasp. “ Ashton give me my keys!” I jumped up to try and get them but he just moved his arm back. His friends started to laugh, and I stopped and glared at them all.
“ Keep the keys!” I hissed, and I turned on my heal and started to walk away.
“ how are you going to get home?” He yelled.
“ I have two feet,” I said still leaving.
“ You know I can take your car,” He smirked.
“ I’ll report it to the police, and then you’re stupid ass will go to jail,” I growled. I felt someone’s hands grab both sides of my waste and I was turned around and Ashton held me close to him. Our bodies where touching and his face was too close…
“ Your invading my personal bubble,” I pushed on his chest but he just held me tighter. I felt very uncomfortable and Ashton must of noticed because he brought our faces even closer. He took one hand off my hip, and brushed my hair to one side, and I felt his breath on my neck.
“ Give me your number,” He whispered in my ear. Shivers went down my spine, and I automatically brought my knee up, and right in his groan. He let go, and he stumbled back, and knelt on the ground. He dropped my keys on the ground, and I dodged for them but someone’s foot went over them and kicked them away. I looked up at Kale, and he smirked.
“ What the hell?” I hissed standing up. Kale stood in front of me, and I went to go get my keys, and the other three stood in front of me. I backed up a little. Maybe I should just let them have the keys.
“ What’s going on here?” A deep voice asked. I turned around and saw the principle. I smiled, and walked past the guys and grabbed my keys, and walked towards my car.
“ Oh nothing I just dropped my keys,” I smiled, and got in my car and drove off. I blasted my Bruno Mars CD, and drove to my house. Ugh I can’t believe the nerve some people have. I cannot, and I state cannot be partners with Ashton! I drove in the driveway, and jumped out of my car.
“Marcie,” I yelled when I closed the door. I rounded the corner and ran into a hard chest. I looked up at Zane.
“ Gal watch were you’re going,” He laughed. I pushed his chest away from me, and looked around the front room.
“ Where is Marcie and Don?” I asked.
“ They went out with some friends for dinner, so I guess me and you are making dinner tonight,” He smiled. I rolled my eyes. The day I see Zane in a kitchen is the day pigs fly.
“ Im gonna lay down wake me up in a hour,” I said walking up into my room. I stepped in and shut the door, and fell onto my bed, and closed my eyes.
“Galaxy,” A voice whispered. My eyes fluttered open, and Zane stood in front of me.
“ Zane?” I muttered. I flopped over and buried my face into my pillow. He let out a laugh.
“ Wake up birthday girl,” He whispered. A smile came across my face and I shook my head.
I felt his hand on my side, and he started to tickle me. I started laughing and I rolled over and grabbed his wrists. We rolled over and he startled himself on me.
“ Get up! It’s your birthday!” He screamed.
“ Yeah it’s my birthday! Let me sleep!!!” I laughed. He rolled his eyes, and got off me, and lifted my off the bed. I hit his chest, and he put my down.
“ Come on Galaxy,” he smiled. I wrapped my arms around him. My Zane. My best friend. He hugged me back. “ Happy thirteenth birthday Galaxy,” he whispered. I smiled. He then darted out of my room, and we ran down the stairs. When we walked into the kitchen Marcie stood their making breakfast.
“ Happy thirteenth birthday Galaxy,” Marcie smiled.
“ Thank you Marcie!” I chuckled. We sat down at the table, and then the phone started to ring.
Marcie turned to me and smiled.
“ That should be your parents!” She smiled She extended her arm for the phone, and picked it up.
“ Hello?” She smiled. She listened into the phone holding it with her shoulder. “ Yes this is she,” She replied. She was beating pancake mix in a glass bowl, when all of the sudden she let go of the bowl, and it dropped to the floor, shattering into millions of pieces, and then she took the phone away from her ear, and placed it slowly on the counter.
“ Mom?” Zane asked. I sat at the table looking at Marcie’s back Marcie slowly turned around and she shallowness with her eyes. She looked like she saw a ghost, and she just stared at me.
“ Im so sorry Galaxy,” She whispered. I looked at her confused.
“ Was that my parents?” I asked. She shook her head. “ When will they be here?” I asked. Marcie walked up to me, and knelt on the ground and she wrapped her arms around me and held me tight.
“ Im sorry Galaxy… their… their dead,” She cried into my ear.
I shot up from my bed cold sweats broke through my body, and I was shaking. I wiped tears away from my eyes. It’s going to be four years. You would think I wouldn’t dream about it anymore. I jumped out of bed when I heard a huge crash come from downstairs.
“ What the?” I mumbled and made my way to the stairs.
THUD, BOOM, CRASH!
“ ARGHH DAMNIT!” Following after that. I rounded the corner, and saw red everywhere!
“ oh my god Zane!” I yelped. He turned around and I saw him holding a can on tomato juice, and he had an angry exspression. When I realized it wasn’t blood I busted out into laughter, and fell onto the floor. I held my stomach, and my eyes started to tear up. I got up and walked over to Zane trying to avoid the sauce. I took my finger and ran it down his face tasting the sauce.
“ Yum that’s some good sauce, but Zane its suppose to go on food not on our kitchen and yourself,” I smirked. He glared at me, and took the spoon, and flicked it at me. I looked down at myself, and know I also had sauce on me.
“ You didn’t!” I laughed. A smile formed around his face, and I dodged for the sink and sprayed him with the water. He stumbled back in shock, and came to me trying to take away the sprayer. We became soaking wet, and I looked at him, and hit his chest.
“ Oh you idiot look at this mess!” I lifted my hands in the air.
“ You did it too,” He smiled. I pointed my finger at him.
“ You started it!” I yelled at him.
“ We better clean up before everyone gets back,” he laughed. He turned around and I stood there. Everyone? Its only aunt and uncle. I don’t know what he means by “ everyone” wait does he mean….. no-
“ Zane!” I screamed. He looked over at me with a huge smile plastered on his face.
“ They are coming?” my voice cracked.
“ Yes Gal,” He smiled. I groaned.
“ Your telling me that I am going to have to live with three guys…..” I moaned.
“ Ah the three cousins aren’t that bad,” He let out a laugh. I haven’t seen Zane’s cousins for like four years. The oldest one is Mark who is nineteen and there is River and Tony who are same age as me and Zane. They are twins.
“ Zane why are they coming to stay here?” I mumbled.
“ because their dad just got a job offer and he practically handed them to my mom and dad,” Zane huffed. I sighed. I kind of felt bad for the three boys. Their mom died after she gave birth to the twins, and their dad don’t want anything to do with them
“ Are they living here permanently?” I looked at my hands.
“ Yes,” He mumbled. I jumped from my seat. “ What!” he yelped.
“ I need to go buy a lock for my room!” I yelped. Zane busted out into laughter’s at my reaction and I shook my head and started to rub my temples. I made my way up the stairs and heard Zane.
“ Galaxy aren’t you going to help me clean?” he yelped.
“ Ugh no im going to sleep,” I yelled back at him.
“ GALAXY!!!” I went into my room, and shut the door and laid on my bed. Oh my god…. Im going to die…. I jumped off realizing that I was filthy. I went into the shower, and took a long shower. When I got out I went to go open the door, and it wouldn’t open. Oh my god someone! No Zane locked it!
“ Zane Tristan! You better open this door!” I screamed. I started to bang on the door, and screamed every word in the book. I sighed in defeat, and looked over at the window.
“ No….” I whispered. I walked over to the window and held my towel against me and closed my eyes. I opened the window and looked down. The trampoline is right below…. I climbed out on the window cell, and sat the for a couple of second, and then jumped out. I landed on the trampoline, and bounced up a couple of times. I tried to keep my towel on but it slipped off and I lunged for it and wrapped myself in it. I walked around the house to the front, and made my way up the stairs when I heard dog whistles. I turned around and saw like seven guys standing in the front of their house chilling. My face turned bright red and I clenched onto the towel, and then I heard a familiar laugh, and saw Zane with them. I ran to the door, and tried to open it but it was locked! I turned around and they were all still looking at me. the towel was about mid-thigh and white. I held onto it for dear life. My black hair was wet, and hanging in my face, and it was long. My tan skin was exposed, and my face was flushed. I was short, but I had curves with some pretty big breast that were kind of hard to keep a towel wrapped around. I moaned and glared at Zane. I ran down the steps and stood on the other side of the edge of the road.
“ ZANE TRISON!” I yelled at him. He just looked at me and smiled. “ Z- Zane! Y- Y- You better give me the damn keys for the house, or so help me god!” I threatened him. Then his face went white. Oh my god he didn’t. my mouth dropped. “ You idiot! You locked us out of the house didn’t you!” I screamed. The rest of the guys busted out into laughter, and I felt my face redden. I walked across the street, and up to Zane. All of the guys were looking at me. I grabbed Zane by the ear and dragged him across the street with me, and stopped on our front lawn.
“ Strip,” I hissed. His eyes widened.
“ I aint giving you my close Galaxy,” he laughed. I clenched my jaw and raised my fist to him.
“ SO help me god Zane Tristan!” I said furiously.
“ Awe Galaxy, are you mad?” He laughed. I tilted my head down, and saw a flash. I looked up and saw all of the guys across the street taking pictures. I yelped and ran behind Zane.
“ Zane!” I hissed. He continued to laugh, and then I saw headlights coming down the street. The guys ran into their house, and Zane and I stood in the yard. Zane sat on the steps, and I stood there in nothing but a towel. The car pulled into the drive way and I saw Marcie and Don get it, and that didn’t stop. The backdoors opened and three more guys came out. One was tall, he had a nice body, dirty blonde hair, and radiant green eyes. The two others looked a lot alike. They were about the same height, brown shaggy hair, and blue eyes, but one wore glasses. Marcie and Don where smiling but then they saw me, and the three boys turned around and they were all staring at me. I felt my face become red.
“ What is going on here?” Marcie and Don said at the same time. I stomped my foot, and pointed towards Zane.
“ Zane Tristan how about you tell them!” I yelled at him.
“ I ugh… oh… ugh… sorry?” He mumbled. I let out a humph, and looked at the three boys and they were all checking me out and they all where a shade of pink. My eyes widened and I went bright red.
“ Marcie please open the door!” I cried. She nodded her head, and pushed past Zane, and unlocked the door. I ran to the door, and up the stairs all six eyes watching me. Zane, Marcie, Don, Tony, River, and Mark.
Chapter three-
I laid in my bed, and I wasn’t going to come out. I cannot look at anyone of them ever again…. That was so embarrassing…. I cannot believe that Zane did that. That wasn’t even funny- My thoughts where interrupted by a knock at my door, and then another knock.
“ Who is it?” I screamed. Another knock came on the door, and then they tried to push it open. I smiled to myself while looking at the wooden chair that is keeping the door closed. They stopped for a second.
“ Galaxy open the door,” I heard Zane mumble.
“ Go away!”
“ Galaxy!” He yelled louder know. I took my pillow, and chucked it at the door.
“ Zane Tristan go away!” I screamed know kneeling on the edge of my bed.
“ So are you just going to spend the whole Saturday in your room?” He hissed.
“ Yes, know go away!” I yelled. I heard him growl, and then I heard footsteps walking away. I sighed, and fell back onto my bed. I went to go into the bathroom, and I stepped into a pool of water. I slipped and fell into a horrible smelling…. Oh EWE! I let out a scream and ran out of the bathroom, and swung the chair out of the way, and ran to the end of the hall for the bathroom.
“ Get out know!” I screamed. I flung open the door and saw Mark standing their washing his hands. His eyes widened when he saw me soaking wet and covered in sewer water. I ran inside and pushed him out with soap still on his hands. I jumped in the shower, and was dancing and turning around.
“ Discussing icky ewe!” I cried. I stopped and took a breath. So nasty! I stripped off my clothes, and scrubbed myself clean. I got out and went to go reach for a towel. My hand reached the wall and… nothing… shit…I stepped out and walked towards the door, and peaked my head out.
“ Anyone here!” I asked. I saw Mark walking down the hallway drying off his hands with a towel. The towel he took from in here.
“ Um ugh… hi? Would you mind getting me a ugh… towel?” I said peaking my head out of the door. He let out a laugh, and nodded his head. I saw him disappear into his room, and come back out with a big black shirt.
“ Hey! Hey! That isn’t a towel!” I yelped.
“ All of the towels are dirty, so just use one of my shirts,” he smiled and stood at the door. I had my head hanging out, and the door was covering my naked body. I felt my face become blushed. I reached out my hand and grabbed the shirt from him, and went back into the bathroom. Shit…. I have to get to my room. I put the shirt on and slipped on my underwear. I peeked my head out the door again and all four boys where their talking.
“ Hey you guys,” I muttered. Zane looked at me.
“ Hey galaxy,” He winced.
“ Can you guys go in your room?” I pleaded. I still had my head hanging out of the door.
“ Why didn’t you take a shower in YOUR bathroom?” Zane emphasized on you.
I pinched the bridge of my nose, and took a breath.
“ Zane there was a sewer leak. I can’t use my bathroom, and right know I am only wearing a shirt, and some panties. I have no pants so go in your rooms!” I growled. Zane gave me an evil smile, and the twins started to laugh. Mark stood there with a stupid grin on his face.
“ We aint moving Gal,” Zane laughed. I sighed and shut the door and stood there for a couple of seconds.
“ Come on Galaxy you can do it,” I whispered. I swung open the door, and all four boys were looking at me. my face turned bright red, and I started to walk to my room, and the dour guys watched me in my shirt, and panties while I made my way past them. I felt someone’s arms wrap around my waist, and I let out a scream. Zane started to twirl me around, and my black lace panties where being shown.
“ Zane for god sake put me down!” I started to hit his back, and then he just threw me to the ground and I stumbled backwards.
“ Good thing my parents aren’t home,” Zane laughed. I sat on the ground, and I jumped up and attacked Zane. I kicked him in the groan and he went down. I straddled over him.
“ Zane,” I hissed. Then I felt someone grab my ass and I realized it was Zane. My jaw dropped, and I brought my hand up, and smacked him right across the face, and ran into my room, and slammed it shut. My hand tingled and I felt my eyes water. Why did Zane act like that. He has never touched me pervert like or been so mean. I quickly wiped away the tears, and ran towards my closet and put on a pair of ripped jeans and a blank tank top, and put my hair up in a messy bun, and put on some black eye liner. I grabbed my phone and put it into my pocket and ran down the stairs. All four boys where sitting on the couch and I stopped to look at Zane. He had a nice red hand print on his left side of his face.
“ Zane tell Marcie and Don I am not going to be home tonight,” I hissed at him.
“ Where are you going?” he got up and walked up to me, and went to touch my arm. I shoved him away.
“ I don’t want to be here,” I mumbled. He saw the look in my eyes, and he took a couple of steps back, and I turned away and ran out the door. I stumbled down the steps, and walked down the side walk. Argh where am I going to go? I continued to walk down, and stopped in front of Starbucks. I forgot my wallet at home. I shook my head, and turned around and ran into someone, and stumbled backwards, and landed on the ground. I looked up and saw Ashton looking at me. He held out his hand and I didn’t take it and got up by myself.
“ Ugh sorry,” I muttered and made my way around him but he caught my wrist.
“ Hey Galaxy you want to start on our project?” he looked at me. I looked at him for a couple of seconds and then he brought out the voice recorder. I let out a little laugh.
“ Are you stalking me?” I mumbled.
“ Of course not. I was going to come to your house today anyways,” he smiled.
“ How do you know where I live?” I raised an eyebrow at him, and he put his hands up.
“ Your live across the street from Donnie,” He laughed. I let out a little laugh, and nodded my head.
“ I guess we can start on the project… but not at my house,” I mumbled.
“ Why not your place?” he looked at me.
“ Just… Just don’t ask,” I looked at him, and he dropped the subject.
“ I guess we can go inside Starbucks then,” He smiled and grabbed my hand and dragged me into Starbucks. We stood in the line, and I felt a little awkward. Ashton turned to me, and put his arm over my shoulder, and I gave him a confused look.
“ What do you want?” He asked.
I shook my head.
“ Nothing.” He shook his head.
“ Well take two caramel frappes,” He smiled. I hit his shoulder and then he paid. We sat down at the table in the corner of the room.
“ You didn’t have to get my anything,” I muttered.
“ Ah shut up Gal,” he laughed. We sat there for a couple of seconds in silence while we drank our coffee’s.
“ So Galaxy who is Zane?” Ashton asked. My head shot up.
“ Oh… He is like my “best friend” you could say,” I tried to smile, but it seemed impossible. Ashton started to laugh. I looked up at him confused. “ What’s so funny?”
“ When you talk about him it seems as though you hate him,” Ashton looked at me.
“ Well he has been a total jackass the past couple of days, and he is really pissing me off,” I muttered. I clenched my jaw remembering some of the shit that he has pulled.
“ What did he do?”
“ its… its nothing…” I laughed.
“ how long have you known Zane?”
“ About six and half years.”
“ Wow Galaxy that’s a long freaking time…!”
I let out a little laugh and nodded my head.
“ Where… where really close,” I smiled. Even though he really pissed me off Zane has always been there for me. I love the kid.
“ What about you Ashton? Do you have a “best friend”?”
Ashton thought about it for a couple of second, and put his elbows on the table.
“ Well I guess you would say Kale.”
“ How long have you known Kale?”
“ Since freshman year. We met from the football team.”
I nodded my head and we sat there for a couple of minutes in silence. I looked up at Ashton who was just looking at me. I looked back down and all over the shop and then I looked back at Ashton.
“ Are you trying to burn a whole in my head?” I laughed. Ashton just blushed! He put his head down and let out a little chuckle. “ Awe Ashton you blushed,” I giggled. Ashton’s head shot back up.
“ I did not!” He growled.
“ Note to self, Ashton blushes,” I smiled at him, and he just shook his head at me and laughed. We sat there and finished our drinks. I really didn’t know what to talk about. I have never talked to Ashton without getting into a fight with him. We talked about favorite animals, color, foods, and all of the basics. I looked out the window and it was already dark outside.
“ Wow,” I said. Ashton looked at me.
“ What is it?” He laughed.
“ it got late,” I mumbled.
“ Well we have been here for about three hours,” he smiled. My mouth nearly hit the floor.
“ Im sorry… did you have plans today?” I asked. He shook his head.
“ you want to go to the park?” he asked.
“ The- p- park?” I uttered. He nodded his head. I looked at him confused.
“ Ah what the hell,” I laughed and got up. We walked down the street to the park. I loved it. There was a field surrounded by trees and there was a hill where you could see the stars perfectly. Ashton made his way up the hill and I hesitantly stood there watching him. He turned around and let out a laugh.
“ I don’t bight,” He smiled. I let a smile spread across my face, and I walked up the hill. I stood there looking into the sky when I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist, and then Ashton pulled me to sit down next to him.
“ Hey,” I smacked his arm. He smiled, and nudged me back. We sat their looking up at the skies, and then I heard Ashton sigh, and he fell back onto the grass, and put his arms behind his neck. I turned my back to look at him, and he then looked at me. he did a little smile, and patted the spot next to him. I fell back, and laid their next to him.
“ Hey Gal,” He whispered.
“ Hm?”
“ How come you hate me?” He asked. I laid their looking at the sky, and I let out a little laugh.
“ What’s so funny?” he turned over to look at me. I put my hands behind my neck and continued to look at the sky.
“ I guess I wasn’t expecting a question like that,” I said looking at the stars.
“ Well I mean you do. You have hated me since the first day I have come here,” he said. I turned my head and looked at him.
“ Because since day one you have been acting like girls are books and you can just check them out, and return them when you’re done,” I said bitterly. His eyes widened a little.
“ That’s not how it is Galaxy,” he whispered. I sighed and turned my whole body to him laying on my side.
“ Enlighten me Ashton…”
“ Well.. ugh- I…”
I interrupted him, and put my finger to his lips, and sat up. I reached for my phone, and put it in my pocket, and got up and padded my pants to get the grass off. Ashton jumped up and stood in front of me.
“ Ashton please…” I mumbled.
“ But those girls were not you,” He said. I looked him straight in the eyes.
“ But those girls are human being who have hearts and feelings. Those girls go home to their parents worrying about them and wondering what is wrong. Those girls who have little siblings who are disappointed in themselves for sleeping with you, and they don’t want their little brother or sister to grow up the way they did. Those girls have a family, feelings, and hearts,” I said coldly.
“ But I never hurt you,” he said grabbing my arm.
“ because I am not going to be stupid enough to let you,” I hissed, and walked away from him. He stood their staring at me. I walked past his car, and stood there for a second.
“ Aghh damnit! I got to walk home!” I pouted. I started to walk, and let my head hang. It was dark out know. I heard a car next to me, and I turned to see Ashton in his car.
“ Galaxy let me drive you home,” he said.
“ Screw you Ashton,” I stomped my foot.
“ Galaxy….” He muttered.
“ Ugh when I hear my name come out your mouth it sounds like venom!” I hissed. He sat in his car and I continued to walk. He continued to follow me, and I felt my rage begin to build. I stopped next to a house, and picked up a rock.
“ Know you hear me out Ashton! If you don’t get the fuck out of here then I am going to throw this rock at your window! So help me god,” I said while raising my arm. His face tightened.
“ You wouldn’t,” He smiled. I shook my head, and shot my arm forwards releasing the rock, and it smashed against the back window, and shattered. Ashton sat their starring at the window, and then he got out of his car, and walked towards me. he looked completely utterly pissed. I took a step back, and then Ashton grabbed my arm and brought me closer to him.
“ Are you crazy!” he shouted at me. His grip on my arm tightened and I shuttered from the pain. His face was bright red, and I stood their shutting my eyes. He grabbed my arm tighter and shook me. I bit my lip, and pushed him off, and ran off down the street with tears filled in my eyes. I continued to run until I was at the front of the steps panting, and tears running down my face. I walked in the house, and ran up to my room, and shut the door.
I leaned against my door, and continued to cry. I brought my knees up to my chest, and slowly drifted into a dream.
Chapter four-
I felt vibration on my leg, and I fluttered my eyes open, and looked around my floor, and dug into my pocket for my phone. I flipped it open.
“ Hello?” my voice sounded groggy.
“ Hey Galaxy! Ick you sound horrible,” Des laughed. I sighed and leaned back and rested my head on my door. I stretched out my leg, and I was so sore from sleeping on the floor.
“ Well I have been better,” I mumbled into the phone trying to pull myself up.
“ So what are you doing today?” She giggled. I looked at the clock and it read eight in the morning.
“ Des I seriously think you have a disorder. You woke up this early on a Sunday?” I groaned falling onto my bed.
“ Well im not going to waste my day away sleeping, unlike some people!” She sung into the phone. I held the phone away and pinched the bridge of my nose.
“ Des please it’s too early to be this awake,” I yawned.
“ So what are we doing today?”
“ Des honestly I am just going to stay in bed today,” I whispered.
“ You’re kidding me right!” She barked. I remembered everything from last night and felt tears in my eyes.
“ Please des… just not today,” I croaked. She was quite for a couple of seconds and I heard her breathing.
“ Alright Gal, call me later before you go to sleep and if you need me just give me a call or text and I’ll be there for you. I’ll see you tomorrow gal,” She said.
I smiled and nodded my head.
“ Thanks Des. Love you,” I mumbled.
“ Love you too,” She said, and then hung up. I held the phone against my ear, and then I flipped it closed and threw it on my bed next to me and fell into my blankets. I heard a knock on my door, but I didn’t bother to responded. I heard the door open, and I felt the bed go down on one side.
“ Hey Gal,” a deep voice whispered. I looked over at Zane and smiled.
“ Hey Zane,” I mumbled. He wiped a tear off my face, and I didn’t even realize I was still crying. I sat up and wiped my face away with the back of my hand.
“ Im sorry,” he said holding my hand. I looked at his hand and then wrapped my arms around him.
“ Zane I can NOT stay mad at you,” I whispered into his ear. He hugged me tighter and I felt him touch my arm and I pulled away, and jumped off the bed.
“ Gal?” He looked at me. I touched my arm and winced in pain. I ran down the hall and into the bathroom and removed my sweater to see my whole upper arm black and blue. It looked like a son of a bi-
“ WHO DID THAT TO YOU?” a voice screamed with anger. I looked over at Zane who was walking towards me, and the doors opened behind him, and I saw Mark, River, and Tony standing there. All their eyes widened when they saw my arm.
“ No one,” I spat. I covered my arm back with my sweater but someone grabbed it from me. I looked over at Mark.
“ Give it back,” I yelled at him. I felt Zane grab me and pull me into a tight hug.
“ Im so sorry, I shouldn’t of let you leave last night,” He mumbled into my ear. I shook my head and let out a laugh, and broke from his hug and lightly hit his chest.
“ not your fault,” I laughed. I looked over at the cousins and smiled.
“ I don’t think I have really said hi,” I smiled at them.
“ Man Galaxy you look different,” Tony said, and he winced at me. I remembered the twins. Tony was the flirty one and river was the one with the glasses and he was a sweetie. Me and him us to be close. I rolled my eyes and walked up to river and gave him a hug and he lightly hugged me back.
“ Haven’t seen you Riv in forever,” I smiled. He nodded his head.
“ yeah you look like a different person,” He laughed. I let out a giggle, and I felt someone play with my hair and I swat mark away, and turned to his grinning face. I rolled my eyes.
“ DO I not get a hello?” he pretended to act hurt. I rolled my eyes.
“ H-Ello M-ark,” I said slowly. He let out laughs.
“ Sorry babe I don’t understand you,” he smiled.
“ Im speaking stupid language I thought that’s your main language,” I teased.
“ Man you two,” Zane shook his head, and I let out a laugh.
“ What?” Me and mark asked at the same time.
“ You both are always mumbling over something,” Zane started to rub his temples. I let out a laugh and headed for the kitchen and shook Zane’s hair when I walked past him.
“ you know you love me,” I smiled. I headed down the stairs and ran into the kitchen. I sat at the table, and took a bit into an apple, and then it got swiped from my hands and Mark started to eat it.
“ That’s my apple!” I growled.
“ Yum mine know,” He winced. I glared at him, and tried to get my apple back but he held it out of my grasp. I sat back and huffed, and then I jumped on his back, and tried to get it.
“ Your nuts!” Mark laughed. I reached for me apple, and mark went tumbling towards the ground. I fell on top of him, and grabbed my half eaten apple from him, and stood up and sat back on the chair.
“ Like I said that was MY apple!” I smirked and emphasized on the my part. I took a bite out of my apple, and then river and tony came running down the stairs laughing. I looked at them
“ What was all the noise down here?” they both said.
“ Ask apple girl,” Mark pointed at me. I smiled and took another bite out of my apple.
“ He took my apple,” I mumbled. They broke out into laughter, and then Zane came down the stairs and nearly chucked my phone at me. I caught it and glared at him.
“ Are you trying to hit me in the face?” I shouted.
“ Just answer the damn thing. Someone has been trying to call you!” he said covering his ears. I looked down at my phone and flipped it open.
“ Hello?” I said happily.
“ Hey Galaxy it’s me Ashton…”
Happiness is gone.
Chapter five-
I tightened my grip on the phone.
“ Galaxy please don’t hang up on me!” Ashton pleaded. All the guys were looking at me, and looked at them, and then walked out of the room and made my way up the stairs. Half way up the stairs I stopped.
“ Ashton how in god’s name did you get my number!” I yelled.
“ I have me ways,” he laughed.
“ You’re NOT funny,” I emphasized on the not part.
“ I just didn’t want to leave us on bad terms,” He mumbled into the phone. I clenched my fist.
“ You already did!” I shouted, and I took my phone, and threw it down the stairs, and it hit Mark right in the head. MARK!
“ Oh my god!” I said running towards him. He was holding his head, and gasped.
“ God galaxy I come to see if you’re alright, and you chuck a phone at me,” He rubbed his forehead. I touched his shoulder and stood in front of him.
“ Honestly mark you shouldn’t be walking behind me so quit like that. I didn’t even know you where their!” I gasped. He removed his hand from his forehead, and there was a huge red dent on his forehead that was turning blue. I bit my tongue, and went into a phase of laughing. When tony, and River came to ask what was going on they saw mark’s head, and both started to laugh.
“ Not funny,” He said hiding his head with his hand. I wiped the tears away from my eyes, and my face was bright red.
“ Im sorry mark but that was hilarious,” I giggled. He shook his head, and lightly nudged me.
“ Who where you talking to on the phone?” Zane asked standing at the bottom of the stairs. I stopped laughing, and shifted my weight from one foot to another.
“ it was no one,” I tried to smile.
“ Your such a horrible liar,” he said. I shook my head, and walked back down the stairs and flopped myself down on the couch, and laid across it. Zane came in and picked up my feet and saw down, and put my legs on his lap.
“ come on Gal,” he smiled. I laid their looking at him and let out a laugh.
“ Zane Tristan it was no one!” I said looking at the TV.
“ Why don’t you look at me when you’re talking then?” he questioned.
“ because im watching TV,” I muffled.
“ Galaxy the TV is off!”
My eyes widened and I hid my face with a pillow.
“ Duh I knew that,” I mumbled into the pillow. Zane started to laugh, and I felt someone leaning their heads on the couch, and I removed the pillow and saw Tony, River, and Mark sitting on the floor, leaning against the couch.
“ Come on Gal, you can tell your bestest friends!” Tony laughed. I looked at him, and threw the pillow at him, and he let out a laugh. Zane tapped my legs, like he was playing on a drum and I looked down at him.
“ it’s no one really. Just this guy I have to do a English project with, and I am not totally found of this person,” I smiled a little.
“ You sure?” they all asked at the same time, and they all looked at me. I smiled and nodded my head. We sat there and where cracking up about jokes
“ So Gal who are you dating?” Tony smiled at me. My face turned bright red and I glared at him. Tony knew a lot of my secrets like one I have never had a boyfriend. And two I have never had my first kiss, and I never want Zane to know about that because I would never hear the end of it.
“ None of your business,” I huffed. Tony started to poke my leg, and I swatted him away.
“ Tony your such a man whore you know that?” I smirked.
“ Well you need to be more of a whore,” he winced. Mark and Zane started to laugh, and River gave a little smirk and shook his head. I glared at him, and rolled my eyes.
“ In your dreams,” I spat.
“ That’s why I wake up hard every morning,” He smirked. My eyes widened and I felt my face go bright red.
“ You’re a sick man Tony Tristan,” I said nudging him with my leg.
“ Hmm and you know it,” he purred.
“ Ah your seductive voice sounds like your being gagged,” I said. He put a hand over his heart and acted like he was hurt. I let out a laugh, and looked over at mark and he was like staring intently at me.
“ What do you want a starring contest?” I said looked back at him. He smiled and nodded his head. I turned my head, and we were very close to one another. Our face not even two inches away and we were just staring at each other. Then I felt someone put their hand on my head, and my face was smashed into Mark’s and I felt our lips press, and I pulled my body away from him, and his my face in my pillow. Zane, tony, and river where dying from laughter, and Mark sat there in a daze.
“ She just- kissed him!” Tony and river laughed together, and I thought river was the nice one. Zane was holding his stomach and turning bright red with tears coming from his eyes from laughter.
“ I h-hwatg uouyt uhygs!” I screamed into the pillow.
They all looked at me except for mark.
“ What you say?” Tony laughed. I took the pillow away from my face to show my bright red cheeks.
“ I hate you guys!” I shrieked.
“ You can’t hate us that much you just had your first kiss!” Tony smirked. My mouth dropped and I starred at Tony completely flabbergasted and then river, Zane, AND mark all looked at me bug eyes, and then we heard the door open, and we all turned our heads, and saw a tall guy come walking in. Zane jumped off the couch, and then three cousins stood up and ran over to him, and they all gave man hugs. He then turned to me, and I stood up and glared at him.
“ Dylan I didn’t know your where coming back!” Zane smiled.
“ Yeah we really didn’t know,” I glared at him. Dylan walked up to me and we stood very close and he looked down at me.
“ Look it’s my favorite person,” he said with venom in his voice.
“ Ditto,” I snarled.
Chapter six-
I laid in my bed, and was fuming with anger. Argh I cannot believe Dylan is here. He is the same age as mark and he acts like he is twelve-
“ Hey,” River smiled. I looked up at river.
“ hey Riv,” I smiled.
“ You don’t look very happy….”
“ I mean… Don and Marcie are the kindest caring people I have ever met, and Zane can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but he is my best friend. Then there is just Dylan. He isn’t nice, caring, he isn’t a pain in the ass, because he is just an ass. He is so mean and cruel. I don’t know how Dylan and Zane are brothers. Their complete opposites in my eyes. Like seriously Dylan hates me,” I said falling back onto my bed, and looking at the ceiling.
“ He isn’t that bad,” River mumbled. I threw my hands up in the air.
“ When I was ten years old, and started hanging out with Zane, Dylan left to go to freaking acting school in Cali, and he has been doing that for years , and know he is going to be going to college soon, and he thinks he is some big shot because he lived in Cali. He is an arrogant wannabe,” I said. I looked at river who was just looking at me. “ What!” I cried.
“ You and Dylan have never ever gotten along….” River whispered.
“ no duh captain obvious. The first day I met him I was ten and he was thirteen and he hated me since day one. He seriously left a week after I met Zane…. Like what the heck is that!” I said shaking my head. River sat there and laid on the bed next to me.
“ I missed you,” He whispered.
“ I missed you too,” I laughed.
“ Your like my best friend too you know that?” River asked.
“ River you and me are practically cousins,” I laughed. He nodded his head and let out a laugh.
“ Come on downstairs and come outside with us!” he cried. I groaned.
“ I don’t Wanna,” I sighed.
“ Come on where cooking hot dogs in the fire, eating smores, having a mini bonfire, and screwing around on the trampoline. Gee Gal when did you become such a girl!” River said. I shot out of my bed and grabbed his hand
“ I am a girl for your info… come lets go,” I said running down the stairs laughing. River followed behind me and we raced outside. River made it their first and he started to laugh, and I nudged him with my hip, and sat down in the grass looking at the fire. Zane, tony, and river where know on the trampoline screwing around and doing flips. I started to laugh and some of their failed attempts. Mark and Dylan sat across from me chilling and catching up. I looked into the fire, and caught eye contact with Mark, and he turned red and looked away… I guess he remembered about that first kiss thing…. I sighed and leaned against a log, and stretched my legs out in front of me and gazed into the fire.
“ Maybe her feet will get caught on fire,” I heard Dylan say. I rolled my eyes, and shook my head. I haven’t seen Dylan in a couple of years. Usually he would come out during holidays, and breaks but I would always be there and he was always a jerk. Especially after my parents died. I felt something hot touch my foot and I saw Dylan blowing the ashes of the fire on my bare legs. I moved my legs and stood up.
“ Do you ever grow up!” I shouted at him. He and Mark looked up at me, and I rolled my eyes, and walked away from them. I looked at the boys on the trampoline, and made my way inside. River saw heading inside and he gave me a sad look.
“ RIVER!” a voice screeched that made my skin crawl and Goosebumps erupted all over my body. I turned around and saw river laying on the ground passed out. It was like slow motion. His neck was bent to the side, and he just laid there. Everyone ran over to him, and then I saw Zane calling the cops. It was all too unreal. I stood there and watched as everyone was freaking out.
A few minutes later the ambulance was there and hauling River into the truck and they left with him. I felt someone tug on my arm and I looked up at Zane.
“ What happened to him?” I whispered.
“ he fell on the trampoline and got his neck stuck in a whole and his whole neck cracked, he fell and then passed out. Come on where going to the hospital. Get into the truck,” he said all too fast. I just stood there and Zane grabbed my arm and we ran to the truck. The ride there was quite and I sat in the back next to Zane and tony when mark and Dylan sat in the front. When we got to the hospital we had to wait in the waiting room. I sat on the chair and brought my knees up to my chest, and tony and mark where freaking out because that was their brother. Zane was like not even mentally there, and I didn’t bother to look at Dylan. We sat there for hours, and I kept my eyes on a small speck on the wall and never tore my eyes away from that spot.
“ Mr. Tristan?” I heard the doctor say. Mark stood up and nodded his head.
“ Well, River will be fine. He sprained his neck, and he got a concussion, but he will live and be fine,” The doctor smiled. I heard Mark sigh, and everyone else loosened up and stood up.
“ Can we see him?” Mark said. The doctor nodded his head, and all of the boys quickly got up and made their way to see River. After a few minutes I felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulder, and I put my feet down and walked towards the room to see River. Someone stopped in front of me and I saw Dylan standing there.
“ where are you going?” he hissed.
“ Im going to see river,” I said tired and not wanting to fight right know.
“ it’s family only,” he said coming closer to me and backing me up with his body I sighed and looked at him.
“ I might not be blood related but he is my family either way,” I said becoming angry.
“ Your family is dead. You aint got no family-..” Ouch that hurt. “ And you aint ever gonna be part of my family. Don and Marcie are MY parents. Zane is MY brother, and Mark, Tony, and River are MY cousins,” he said standing there. I felt my eyes start to water, and I looked down. Dylan grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back. “ he got hurt because of you. Because you threw a fit and wanted to go inside. River went to follow you and he fell because of you. You cause this family troubles because your being an intruder. You will NEVER be part of this family, and you NEVER where,” Dylan then spat on the ground next to my feet, and he turned around and left. Tears ran down my face, and I turned around and bolted out of the hospital into the streets, and I just continued to run. I didn’t know where I was going, but I didn’t stop.
I continued to run, and then I stopped and looked over at a bench and sat down in it and cried my heart out. He is right… it’s all because of me… I was and never be their family. My family is dead…
“ Galaxy?” a voice whispered. I looked up at Rickey, and when he saw me he quickly wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly against him. We sat there for what seemed forever and I just cried into his chest.
“ Gal,” he whispered.
“ R- RI- Rickey,” I sobbed.
“ Shhh…” he said touching my cheek.
“ Can I come s- stay w- w- with you?” I sobbed. He nodded his head and kissed my forehead.
“ of course Gal,” He smiled. I tried to smile but just broke down into tears again and I wrapped my arms around him and he picked me up and put me in his car.
“ Let’s stop at your house so we can get your stuff,” he said and started to drive.
“ The Tristan’s house,” I corrected him. I looked at me worried and just nodded his head. We stopped in front of the house, and I looked out the window. No one was home yet.
“ Rickey,” I whispered.
“ Hm?” He looked at me.
“ How long can I stay with you?” I said looking out the window.
“ I got kicked out of my place a long time ago, im renting a place with my friend Steve and I don’t think he will care at all, so you could move in for all I care,” He smiled.
“ I don’t have the money…”
“ I never asked you for money. You’re a close friend Gal.. I want to help you,” He smiled.
“ Rickey?”
“ Come on lets go get your stuff…” and then he got out of the car, and we both walked inside. It took me about a half an hour to get all my clothes, shoes, shampoos, and everything that was mine and I left everything they have ever bough ten me or gave to me. we packed everything in his truck, and by the time we got to his place it was really late. I sat in the car, and Rickey nudged me.
“ Let’s get inside,” he smiled. I nodded my head and I just left everything in the car, and went inside. It was a two bedroom apartment, and Rickey said I could have the front room, and take the pull out couch, and he would get some drawers so I could put my stuff away and I could share his bathroom. When we got inside I walked over to the couch and curled up into a ball, and closed my eyes. I heard Rickey come in and I felt him put a blanket on me and he kissed my forehead.
“ Thank you Rickey,” I said when he started to walk into his room.
“ Of course Gal. You’re like my sister,” he smiled. I smiled and buried my face into the couch to hide my tears from him. I laid there for some time crying, and I slowly fell asleep in a pool of my tears.
Chapter Seven-
I don't practice Santeria
I aint got no crystal ball
Well I had a million dollars but I
I'd spend it all

If I could find that heina
And that Sancho that she'd found
Well I'd pop a cap in Sancho
And I'd slap her down

What I really Wanna know, my baby
Oh, what I really Wanna say, I can't define
Well it's love that I need, oh
I looked for my phone, and flipped it open. One missed call. I rolled my eyes and shoved it under my pillow, and pulled the sheets over my head.
“ Nice cell phone ring,” Rickey laughed. I lifted my head up and looked at Rickey.
“ Shhh,” I pleaded falling back into the couch. I had a horrid headache from last night. I felt someone sit down on the couch next to my hip, and I turned my body and looked at Rickey.
“ Who tried calling you?” he asked. I shrugged my shoulders.
“ Dunno, don’t care,” I muttered.
“ What if it is Don or Marcie?” he asked. I sat there looking at him and sighed. I slowly pulled myself up and stood in the kitchen.
“ Rickey go get my one of my bags so I can change… please?” I smiled at him. He let out a laugh and nodded his head, and came back a few minutes later with a black luggage back. I smiled and gave him a quick hug, and ran into the bathroom. When I looked at myself in the mirror I gasped. My eyes where all swollen and red from crying all night, and I looked pale. Like I was sick. I sighed and turned on the faucet and splashed some cold water onto my face.
I looked at myself and watched the water run down my face, and I felt my eyes start to water, and I shut my eyes, and clenched onto the sink and stood there.
“ I will not cry… I will not cry,” I breathed in and out, and let out a deep breath and turned to my bag. I opened it up and studied it for a minute. I threw on a pair of black yoga pants, black tank top, and a gray hoodie, and brushed my hair back, and slipped on my converse. I walked out of the bathroom, and went into the fridge.
“ Where are you going?” Rickey called from the couch.
“ Walk,” I muttered closing the fridge losing my appetite. I stood there for a few minutes just staring off into space and I turned on my heal and walked out of the house. I stood there and felt the tears start to come. I shook my head and sprinted into a run.
“ I will not cry, I will not cry,” I panted while sprinting down the sidewalk. Today there was no school because well I don’t know but tomorrow is Tuesday and I have to go back to school, and I have to make sure I can go a whole day without crying. I continued to sprint down the street. I need to move on. I ran about nine blocks, and went into a slow jog, and heard myself breathing hard. A good thirty minutes past and I found myself standing in front of Zane’s house. I let out a sigh, and jogged up the stairs and knocked on the door. When it opened Don stood their looking confused.
“ Oh Galaxy where were you? You were supposed to come home last night. Marcie and I and the boys were worried sick about you,” Don smiled. “ Why didn’t you just walk inside the door was unlocked,” He laughed. I looked up at him, and he saw my expressionless face, and my puffy eyes.
“ I can’t just walk into someone’s home,” I muttered.
“ Galaxy this is your home! What in god’s name are you talking about,” he said shaking his head. He opened the door a little more so I could come in.
“ is Marcie here?” I asked. He nodded his head and looked at me worried and I walked inside and heard shuffling around in the kitchen and walked in there and Marcie turned around and saw me and she ran to my and wrapped her arms around me.
I will not cry… I will not cry… I said to myself, and I gave myself a mental slap, and kind of backed away from Marcie a little. Her and Don stood their looking at me.
“ In god’s name Galaxy where were you last night!” Marcie yelped. I will not cry… I will not cry…
“ Galaxy what’s going on? All your stuff isn’t in your room either!” she said.
“ I- I moved out,” I whispered. Marcie let out a little laugh.
“ Galaxy this is ridiculous!” She said looking at me. I shook my head, and stood with my head held up high, and I looked right into Marcie’s eyes.
“ Marcie my family is dead. My parents are dead. You need to stop feeling sorry for me. Im over it, and I don’t need your pity. Im moving out because I don’t want to be an intruder. Im not your responsibility Marcie, and Don. You have your own family,” I said looking at them both. Marcie stood their frozen, and I saw her eyes start to water. I turned away, and came to face Zane, Tony, river, Mark, and Dylan standing their looking at me.
“ Galaxy…” Zane whispered looking at me. I looked him straight in the eyes. I will not cry… I will not cry.
“ Zane I don’t need your pity either. You don’t have to pretend to be friends with me and be nice to me because my family is dead,” I said walked past him. I stopped in front of Dylan and we looked at one another. He came closer to me, and know stood face to face with me.
“ Your right Dylan. My family is dead, and their not coming back, and I never was and never will become part of this family,” I said to him. I then pushed him aside and walked out of the house. I will not cry I will not cry. As soon as I opened the door, and made my way down the stairs, tears escaped my eyes, and flooded down my face.
“ G- Galaxy!” Zane cried at me. I sprinted into a run down the stairs, and turned the corner, and ran as fast as I could tears pouring down my face. I ran into the park, and went up on the hill, and fell to my knees and continued to cry. I sat down and brought my knees up to my chest, and buried my face into my knees.
“ I will always cry,” I whispered into my knees. I sat there and my whole body shook furiously.
“ Damnit why did you take them from me! Why did you take them and leave me here!” I screamed into my knees.
“ iii shdhbf obff behfn tzheg nnone tweo dieeeye,” I muffled. I stood on my feet and looked up into the sky.
“ I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO DIE!” I screamed and fell to the ground, and everything slowly started to drift away from me, and I felt all of the pain start to go away. Not forever but just for now. Just for a few seconds. Just until I can actually smile a real smile, and live a happy life. Just for a little while, but it will never happen. Maybe if I go to sleep and stay asleep then everything will go back to the way it used to be.
Chapter eight-
I sat on the couch with my knees up to my chest, and I glared at my luggage bag.
“ Galaxy just pick something to wear!” Rickey laughed from the kitchen. He was sitting on the counter watching me.
“ I don’t want to go to school,” I muffled. Rickey rolled his eyes at me and flopped down on the couch next to me.
“ we have fifteen minutes and then we need to leave for school,” he said nudging me. I threw my hands up in the air and pointed at my clothes.
“ You pick something for me to wear then,” I growled. He rolled his eyes and walked over to my bags, and he started to go through my clothes. Im not picky about what I want to wear I just really don’t feel like going to school, nor getting dressed. Rickey threw a pair of jean shorts, and a black tank top at me.
“ im not wearing that,” I said holding up the shorts.
“ yes you are known get dressed. Its hot outside anyways,” he laughed. I rolled my eyes, and got off the couch and went into the backroom, and put on the shorts and tank top. I brushed out my hair, and put it up into a messy bun, and put on some eyeliner, and mascara. I looked at myself in the mirror, and swung open the door, and walked into the kitchen. Rickey was eating a granola bar, and I swiped it out of his hands and made my way to his car. Rickey came running towards me and I turned to him.
“ Don’t you even dare,” I snarled and took a bite out of the granola bar, and I jumped in his car, and he let out a oomph, and walked around the car, and into the car. He started to drive and I looked out the window.
“ Where are we going?” I mumbled.
“ Where gonna go pick up Pat,” He said turning down the street, and parking in front of Patrick’s house. Patrick was one of Rickey’s best friends, and I am also close with Rickey, but im not very fond of Patrick. He is also buddies with Ashton, and all those football players, and Patrick is a football player. Patrick tapped on my window I and looked up at him, and he motioned his hand for me to get into the back. I shook my head.
“ you sitting in the back,” I said. He opened my door, and I crossed my legs, and crossed my arms over my chest.
“Get in the back,” he sighed I shook my head.
“ Screw you! You get in the back,” I said glaring at him. He stood there, and then shut the door, and jumped in the back, and was having a hissy fit. I sat there and rolled my eyes. I sat there and Pat kept messing me with and kept pulling pieces of my hair out one by one.
“ Will you cut it out?” I said turning around to look at him. His eye brow went up.
“ nice shirt Gal,” he winced. I rolled my eyes and turned back around in my seat. I was wearing just a single black tank top, with spaghetti straps and it was a v at the neck, and I was wearing jean shorts, and my black converse. I shouldn’t of listened to Rickey when he picked out my outfit. I swatted my hand at pat and hit him on the forehead. He let out a oomph and grabbed my arm, and pulled it back.
“ Ow let you a-,” Rickey cut my off, and we stopped in front of the school. I pulled my arm away from pat and sat in the car for a little bit. I was going to have to see Zane, and his cousins today… I opened my car door, and ran into Pat.
“ Ump, move you weirdo,” I said pushing him with my hand. Pat grabbed me around my waist, and hauled me over his shoulders. I started to hit his back, and I realized he was dragging me over to the rest of his football buddies.
“ No pat put me down!” I squealed. He then threw me to the ground, and put his arm around me, and around us where all the football players. My face went scarlet, and I tried to get pat’s arm off me, but I was unmerciful.
“ Hey Ashton,” pat laughed. I looked up and I was surrounded by seniors. Yeah Ashton is a senior, and I am in a senior English class.
“ Hey pat, what you got their?” Ashton said looking at me. I moved from Pat, and shoved him a little and he wrapped his arms around my waist.
“ What is wrong with you,” I said glaring at him.
“ Hey Gal, we all want a piece of you after seeing those photo’s,” Kale said grinning at me. I stopped pushing against pat’s chest, and looked at him confused.
“ What pictures?” I said looking at pat.
“ The ones in you in a towel outside,” he said whispering into my ear. I gasped and shoved him back, and ran away from them looking for Zane. I ran around the corner and saw him messing around with some of his friends. Anger filled in me, and I started to walk towards him, and I stopped remembering what had happened yesterday. I closed my eyes, and remembered that Zane didn’t take the pictures but Donnie did. I sighed, but Zane is the one that locked us out of the house, and wouldn’t give me his clothes. I looked up, and saw Zane staring at me, and he was very blushed, and all his friends looked at me, and let out dog whistles. They have the picture… I ran towards them, and swiped the phone away from one of his friends, and my jaw nearly hit the ground. I dropped the phone on the grass, and turned to run away but I felt someone grab my elbow, but I jerked away and continued to leave. I ran inside the building and went into a closet, and fell to the floor.
It looks like a was in a porno! Oh my god, I cannot get through the day today with that picture going around. It’s so embarrassing. My face started to get redder, and I buried my face into my knees, and I felt something behind me rock, and something we came crashing down on my head. I jumped up, and ran out of the closet, and I was now soaked in a sticky liquid.
“ ARGH!” I cried. I turned around and saw Des looking at me and she ran to my side, and we ran into the girls bathroom, and she shut the door and turned around to look at me. she just stood there looking me up and down, and she busted into laughter’s.
“ W- what bethhee hoendeo totot yuotu!” She cried.
“ Ugh!” I stomped my foot down, and she tried to stop laughing, and she took a deep breath.
“ What happened to you?” She said.
“ I obviously spilled something on me!” I spat out. She looked a little taken back, and I sighed and rubbed my temples. “ Im sorry for being mean, but I have had a bad day… weekend… life,” I trailed off, and I felt des’ hand on my shoulder and I looked up at her.
“ I know I saw the picture,” She said looking at me concerned. Des is my only girlfriend, and I have never been totally close to her. I have been more close with Rickey, but she is such a sweet person. I looked at her, and broke down crying, and her face fell, and she knelt on the ground next to me. I broke down, and told her everything that had happened. After I finished and looked up at her.
“ So?” I asked.
“ im here gal,” She said smiling. I smiled.
“ I know,” I tried to smile.
Des let out a little laugh, and she stood up.
“ I have something for you to wear in my locker. I’ll be right back,” she smiled and turned away. I walked to the sink and stared to take off my clothes, and I washed the crap off my arms, and washed my face, and arms. When Des came back I was in my tank top and panties, and she held something red in her hands, and she held it back hesitantly.
“ H- Here,” She said handing me a red little dress. My jaw dropped and I held it in my hands and looked up at her.
“ Is this even clothes!” I screeched.
“ oh shut up and put it on!” She laughed. I looked at it and then at her, and sighed, and slipped it on. It reached my mid-thigh and was a v neck, and clinged to my body.
“ Wow,” Des smiled. I looked at her and then in the mirror.
“ The towel in the picture covered more of my body then this,” I sighed.
“ Well you’re not going against any school rules wearing that, so you’re keeping it on,” She smiled.
I looked at her, and then she just wrapped her arms around me. I was a little taken back, and then I did the same and wrapped my arms around her.
“ Thank you des,” I whispered.
“ Of course Hun,” she giggled. We broke from the hug, and she led me out of the bathroom, and we stopped in front of my English.
“ How did you get into a senior English again?” she laughed.
“ Because of my stupid brain,” I said glaring into the classroom. Des laughed, and went to go leave, and I grabbed her elbow.
“ D- Des I can’t go in their wearing this,” I said waving my hands over the dress. She rolled her eyes at me and let out a little laugh.
“ You’ll live… I’ll see you later Gal,” She smiled and with that she walked down the hall. I looked into the classroom and held my breath, and opened the door, and all eyes went on me. I put my head down, and slowly walked to my seat, and pulled down my dress before I sat down. I sat with my legs crossed so you couldn’t see my panties. I looked up at Ashton, and he had this look on his face I couldn’t quite figure out. Class started and we both looked up at the board, and we had a whole class of note taking. As I was taking my notes, and I felt something hit my arm, and I looked over to my right at Kale, and he was looking at me.
“ What!” I whispered.
He waved his hand over my body, and gave me a confusing look.
“ I had a spill,” I said turning back to the board, but I still felt Kale’s eyes on me. my face turned a scarlet red, and I felt someone’s cold fingers traveling up my leg, and I flinched, and grabbed Kale’s hand to stop it.
“ What are you doing!” I hissed trying to push his hand down, but he wouldn’t move his hand.
“ Hmm,” He smiled, and he continued to move his hand up my leg, and I bit my lip, and put both my hands on hips and tried to pry his hand off my thigh, and I felt my desk move and Ashton stood their glaring at Kale, and kale removed his hand from my thigh, and sat back in his seat, and Ashton stood their glaring at him. The bell rang, and I bolted out of my seat, and I ran out of the class. I was in the hall when I felt something go around my shoulder and I turned to see Ashton.
“ What are you doing?” I asked. He started to put his sweater on me, and I looked at him confused.
“ You gotta have some clothes on,” he smiled, and he put the sweater on me, and we stood there. I slipped my arms through the sleeves, and smiled.
“ Thank you Ashton,” I said looking up at him. He smiled, and wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we walked down the hall.
“ Who took that photo of you?” He asked. I looked at him, and took his hand off my shoulder, and went to take of his sweater, but he stopped me, and held my shoulders so that I was facing him.
“ I didn’t mean it like that galaxy,” he said looking at me.
“ Why does it matter to you?” I said not breaking eye contact.
“ Because it aint right.”
I didn’t know what to say. I was pretty much lost for words. Ashton then wrapped his arms around me and I was caught off guard and at first I kind of just stood there, and I then wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him back. Even though I was mad at Ashton and I pretty much hated him it felt so right to be in his arms. I felt so right, but it seemed so wrong. I pulled away and Ashton looked at me, and he smiled.
“ I know your mad at me Gal, but I just wanted to say im sorry,” He whispered. I smiled. Did he just say he was sorry. Forgive him! Say it okay!
“ alright,” I croaked. He nodded his head.
“ So how is your report coming?” He asked.
“ what report?” I asked.
“ You know how where supposed to get to know one another and write what we have learned about the person, and something we also learned…..” he laughed.
“ oh that… yeah it’s doing good,” lie!
“ I’ve started mine too.”
“ what have you written?” I looked at him curiously.
“ That is for me to know, and you not to,” he smirked. I lightly hit his arm and laughed.
“ Not fair,” I smiled.
He let out a laugh.
“ You Wanna eat with me today?” he asked.
“ I don’t really want to eat with all the cheerleaders and jocks…” I murmured.
“ well then me and you will eat outside together,” he smiled. I stood there and shifted my weight from one foot to another.
“ Ugh,” I muffled.
Ashton grabbed my arm and hauled me down the hall.
“ don’t worry gal I won’t bite,” He smiled.
“ I might,” said to myself. We walked outside, and sat underneath a tree, and I laid against the truck, and looked at Ashton. He was looking at me, and I touched his leg with my foot.
“ what?” I asked.
“ Where were you yesterday?” he asked.
“ what do you mean?” I said sitting up a little.
“ well I knew you were mad at me, and if I called you would just ignore me, so I went to your house, and when I got there, some lady answered, and she said you were not there, and when I asked her when you would be back, her eyes kind of watered up, and she just shut the door on my face,” he said. I looked down and felt the tears start to come to my eyes. I have caused Marcie so much pain… I felt Aston’s hand on my shoulder and I looked up at him, and he wiped a tear off my cheek, and I didn’t realize I was crying, and I pulled away from him and wiped my face.
“ Galaxy,” Ashton said coming closer.
“ leave me alone Ashton!” I hissed and I stood up and ran back into the building with tears coming down my face. I felt someone’s arm wrap around my waist, and Ashton brought me into a hug, and I cried into his chest.
“ why?” I cried.
“ why what galaxy?” Ashton said looking down at me.
“ Why are you acting like this?” I sniffled.
“ because I can’t stand seeing you in pain,” he said lifting my chin up, so I was looking at him. He brushed my cheek, and brought me closer to him, and at first I was resistant, but I let him hold me. I tried to push him away but he held me tighter.
“ Gal, you have to stop pushing everyone away,” He whispered. I shoved him hard, and his face was full of pain, and sorrow. I felt my heart ache and I took a step back, and looked him in the eyes.
“ I can’t trust you Ashton,” I whispered. His face dropped and he just stared at me. I closed my eyes and turned to leave, but Ashton grabbed my elbow, and I pulled away from him, and left him in the hall staring at me.
“ Galaxy!” He screamed out to me, but I didn’t listen to him. I blocked out everyone and everything. I am not going to let another person in, because I can’t lose them. I can’t go through the pain anymore.
Chapter Nine-
I sat outside the school underneath a tree, and closed my eyes. I just need to drowned the world out. The sun beamed on me, and I tried to pull the dress down a little more, but it was unsucceful, and I just sighed, leaned back, and lightly hit my head on the tree trunk.
“ Hey,” A deep voice said in my ear. I whipped my head forehead, and glared at Kale.
“ You scared the living hell out of me…..” I growled at him. He laughed, and stood their looking at me.
“ Gal,” He said. I continued to look straight, and I looked at my hands.
“ What do you want Kale?” I sighed. I felt his body on mine, and I looked to my right, and he was kneeling next to me. he felt too close, and I really wasn’t in the mood for him right know.
“ Someone is in a bad mood,” he smirked and I felt his hand traveling up my leg, and I grabbed his hand, and looked him in the eyes.
“ leave me alone,” I hissed and I stood up and walked inside the school building. As I was passing a utility closet, when someone ran up behind me and shoved me in the closet. It was pitch black, and I couldn’t see anything. Fear struck over me, and I stumbled backwards into the corner of a room.
“ Who’s their….” I hissed. A deep chuckle filled the room, and I know that laugh from anywhere.
“ Kale!” I shouted. He laughed again, and I heard him walk towards me, and I knelt down in the corner of the room, because I didn’t want to be touched. I felt his hand search for me, and I ducked down, and his hands landed on my shoulders. I let out a cry, and tried to get away from him, but something hit my on the side of my head hard, and I fell over. The lights flickered on and Kale stood their grinning at me. I crawled back, and stumbled up, and ran behind a shelf that separated us.
“ You leave me alone kale! You hear!” I shouted at him. He turned towards the door, and I heard a click and he turned back to me, and I felt my stomach churn. He took a step closer to me, and he shoved the shelf, and it started to rock, and it leaned towards me, and I lunged to the right to avoid it falling on me, and Kale’s arms wrapped around my waist and he plunged his lips onto mine. I shoved his chest, but he just brought my closer, so I bit his lip and he swore, and slapped me across the face, and then a punch came right onto my cheek, and I saw stars. I stumbled back, and fell on my ass, and Kale lunged at me, and started to kick me in the ribs about five times and then pinned me down. His hand went under my dress, and I let out a cry, and he started to touch me.
“ K- K-,” I couldn’t stop because I thought I was being choked. He brought his lips to my neck, and then he started to kiss my lips, and I froze, and couldn’t move anymore. Kale started to remove my underwear, and my body felt limp. Then the door swung open.
“ OK I’ll get the-,” He stopped and starred at us. Kale jumped up, and left the room. I sat there, and brought my knees up to my chest, and I looked up and saw Dylan standing their looking at me. I looked down at my hands, and my body hurt, and I was on the urge of crying.
“ Whore,” he spat out. I sat there and took his insult. He walked in and grabbed something from a rack, and he looked down at me. “ You would just sleep with any guy wouldn’t you,” He laughed. I tightened my fists, and went to go stand up, but my ribs ached, and I fell back to the ground, and held my stomach, and tried to hold back the tears.
“ You… you don’t know how wrong you are,” I whispered. He stood their looking at me, and turned away and started to leave.
“ Have fun with Kale,” he muttered. I sat there, and started to cry. I sat there for hours crying, and when I tried to get up I fell back to the ground, and coughed up blood. I stumbled up, and kept one hand on the wall, and made my way out of the closet. I stumbled down the halls limping, and held onto the wall with one hand, and the other hand over my stomach. I made it outside, and started to walk down the street, and my body was shaking.
“ Galaxy?” A voice muttered. I continued to walk, and I didn’t turn around, and I heard footsteps coming closer, and I tried to walk faster, but it was a total fail. Someone spun me around and I was facing Ashton and we he saw my face all bruised and bleeding, he just looked at me baffled. He went to wrap his arms around me, but I let out a little cry, because of my ribs, and he pulled away, and looked at me. He kissed the top of my forehead, and I looked up at him, and I saw tears in his eyes.
“ Your crying….” I muttered.
“ Im sorry Galaxy… please… I freaking love you,” he said looking me in the eyes. My eyes widened and I felt my heart melt, and I smiled, and wrapped myself to Ashton, and it felt so right. He felt so right…. We just felt right. Us… it just sounds perfect.
Chapter ten-
“ So where should I drop you off?” Ashton asked.
“ The condo’s over by the woods… You know where it is?” I asked.
“ Yeah I do. Why are you in those creepy ass things?” He laughed. He turned his head towards me, and stopped looking at the road.
“ Keep your eyes on the road,” I pointed at the road, and he nodded his head. “ They’re not creepy. They are very nice condo’s actually, but they are just in a creepy area with the woods in all.”
“ But why are you their?” He asked.
“ Ugh because I live there,” I said turning my head away from him, and looked out the window.
“ oh god… I mean why did you leave Zane’s place?” I frowned, and continued to look out the window.
“ I just needed to move… I mean I am not part of their family. Its god…. Awkward and all his cousins are there, and his older brother. It got crowded.” I sighed.
“ How are you able to afford a condo though?” He asked tapping his finger on the stirring wheel.
“ I can’t afford a condo. Im living with a friend, and his roommate.”
“ his?” Ashton sighed. I let out a little laugh and nodded my head.
“ Rickey, you know him right?” I questioned.
“ Yeah I know him. You guys are like close right?” Ashton said. I looked at him, and his grip on the steering wheel, and his knuckles where turning white.
“ Yeah I’ve known him ever since I was in pre-k,” I said. He jaw clenched and his body tensed. I looked at him confused. He just nodded his head, and he kept his eyes on the road. I looked at him confused, and I touched his shoulder and he flinched.
“ Ashton are you alright?” I said losing my voice. He just nodded his head, and kept his eyes on the road. “ Ashton ….” I sighed shaking my head. Ashton pulled the car in front of the apartments and we sat there in silence for a little bit. I let out a laugh, and opened the door, but before I closed it I leaned in and Ashton looked at me. “ Me and Rickey are NOT a thing,” I giggled, and I closed the door, and made my way to the condo’s. I went to go get my keys, and then I felt someone wrap their arms around me, and I jumped and was in Ashton’s arms.
“ Thank god,” he smiled.
“ Hm?” I questioned.
“ thank god you and Rickey are nothing,” He smirked. Hmm I could smack that smirk right off his face. Hmm…. Cocky little- and then I snapped out of it when Ashton’s lips gently pushed against mine. My eyes closed, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he pulled my waist closer to him. It was gentle, and sweet. He pulled away and looked at me. He smiled and I was lost in his eyes. This boy just…. There was something about him that made my heart drop. Then the door opened and we both turned to see a guy standing there in his boxers looking from me to Ashton. He scratched the back of his neck, and did a little smile.
“ Ugh.. well… hi?” He stifled a laugh. I smiled and pulled away from Ashton and held out my hand.
“ You must be Rickey’s roommate Ben,” I smiled and held out my hand. He smiled back, and shook my hand.
“ And you must be Rickey’s friend, and also my new roommate,” He laughed. I nodded my head and smiled. “ Well im going to head back inside… leave you two to it…” he smiled, and walked back into the condo leaving the door open for me. I turned to Ashton and he had this look on his face, that made my bust out into laughter. He scrunched up his nose.
“ What?” He scoffed.
“ Jealous!” I said in a high pitch laugh. He rolled his eyes at me, and I stepped close to him, and he looked at me lustfully….
“ me? jealous? Ha! You can’t turn any guy on so I have no troubles,” He smirked. I stepped closer to him, and our chests where touching. I placed my hand on his chest, and got on my tip toes, and leaned toward his neck, and let out a cool breath and he shivered. I traveled to his ear, and started to nibble on his ear lobe, and he let out a little moan and I smiled.
“ I beg to differ,” I whispered seductively. He shivered and I pulled away and turned on my heal and walked in the house and turned around to a shocked Ashton. He didn’t move, and I don’t think he could.
“ Bye Ashton,” I smiled, and slammed the door in his face. I leaned on the door, and I felt a smile creep onto my face, and I walked into the kitchen to see Ben in his boxers chugging down the milk… right out of the bottle!
“ Ewe,” I whispered. He put down the milk and looked at me, and I looked at the rest of him, and he was still only wearing his boxers.
“ Well hello,” He laughed capping the milk, and putting it back in the fridge. He closed the fridge and leaned on it and looked at me.
“ Got a starring prob?” I laughed.
“ What’s your name roommate?” He smiled.
“ Galaxy, but everyone calls me Gal,” I smiled.
“ love the name,” he smirked. I smiled, and walked past him to get a cup out of the cabinet. I opened it, and I looked up, and saw a white bag leaning on the top shelf. I looked at it confused, then it came falling onto my face. I let out a gasp, and got hit in the face with a bag of flour. When it made contact with my fast, it broke open and I was covered in flour. Ben erupted into laughter’s, and he was leaning on the counter clutching onto his stomach. I let out a scream, and stomped my foot.
“ it’s not funny!” I huffed.
“ You- should- of- seen- your- face!” He cried. I rolled my eyes, and took the bag of flour, and chucked it at him. Ba- bam! It hit him right in the face, and he was also covered in flour.
“ Hey!” He screeched looking at me like a mad man. “ Whya do that!” He said.
“Because you laughed at me,” I snickered. He gave me a devil grin, and made his way to the sink, and I spotted the sprayer.
“ Do it and you die!” I hissed. He lunged for the sprayer. I went to turn away but he grabbed my wrist, and drenched me with freezing water. I started to scream, and trying to get out of his grip. We were both laughing, and I took the sprayer from him, and we were both drenched.
“ What the hell!” a voice screamed. We both looked at Rickey who was staring at us flabbergasted, and then his eyes traveled over the ruined kitchen and he let out a gasp. Ben put the sprayer down. And stood their smiling.
“ Hey Rickey man, guess what!” he smiled. Rickey looked at Ben.
“ What?” He hissed.
“ I met my new roommate,” Ben smiled. Rickey’s eyes went bug eyed and he lunged for ben, and they tackled each other to the ground. Rickey got ben in a head lock.
“ No way dumb shit really!” he laughed. I took this chance to leave, and I slowly turned on my heal and started to leave when someone grabbed my wrist, and twirled me around.
“ Hey Rickey,” I smiled. He glared at me. “ Rickey guess what!” I tried to giggle, and he let go of my wrist and started to rub his temples.
“ What….” He sighed.
“ I met my new roommate!”
His head shot up at me, and he attacked me to the ground, and I broke out into laughter’s. We all sat on the floor wet, and covered in flour.
“ we gotta hire a trainer,” I said randomly. Both ben and Rickey looked at me confused.
“ Trainer?” Rickey asked. I nodded my head, and pointed at ben.
“ He is a bad dog,” I snarled. Ben’s eyes widened and he pointed back at me.
“ Shush! You’re the one he smacked me in the face with flour!” He said defending himself.
“ Um you’re the one who didn’t put the flour away right!”
“ That doesn’t matter you made the matter worse with what you did!” ben yelled. It was on.
“ You’re the one who sprayed me with water!”
“ You sprayed me back!”
“ You made it worse!” Ben snarled
“ You did!”
“ did not!”
“ did too!”
“ did not!”
“ Did too!”
“ Did not!”
“ Jesus lord all mighty help me!” Rickey yelled. Me and ben looked at Rickey, and he stood up and glared at us both. “ You took are acting like siblings!” he sighed. Rickey pinched the bridge of his nose, and looked at ben. “ You two clean this mess up! And Ben Johnny is going to be here in a hour, so it better be clean!”
“ I know!” Ben sighed. Rickey left to go take a shower, and I looked at ben.
“ Who is Johnny?” I asked.
“ My boyfriend,” Ben said getting up.
“ BEN YOUR GAY!” I gasped. I heard Rickey go into a rage of laughter from the shower, and I heard a loud thud.
“ OW damnit!” Rickey cried slash laughed. I rolled my eyes and looked over at ben.
“ Yes I am gay,” he smirked.
“ I would of never!” I gasped, and stood up.
“ you seem so surprised,” Ben giggled.
“ Well I mean yeah… I would never believe Rickey would let a gay guy live with him,” I said.
“ Me and Rickey are cousins,” he laughed. My eyes widened.
“ I didn’t know that…..” I said raising an eyebrow.
“ I just moved from Cali about five months ago,” he said smiling.
“ oh,” that’s all I could say. Ben put his arm around my shoulder.
“ Im your new gay best friend,” he winced. I let out a laugh, and choked on some flour, and ben also started to laugh. We started to clean the kitchen and we were about doing it for thirty minutes stopped and looked at me. “ Was that your boyfriend?” He asked out of nowhere.
“ Who?” I stopped what I was doing and looked at ben with a hand on my hip.
“ The hottie you where smooching with at the door,” he said smiling.
“ Oh I ugh…” I stopped… “ I Dunno,” I said looking at ben.
“ Hmm well he is a nice piece of ass,” Ben smirked. I lightly hit his arm.
“ Ben!” I giggled. He smirked, and shrugged his shoulders.
“ Well Mr. Hottie likes you.”
“ how do you know that?” I asked.
“ The way he looks at you, A blind man could see it,” He smiled. I sat there.
“ He might just even love you,” Ben said. I was taken back from this, and I looked at him and was just lost for words. I walked out of the kitchen, and into the bathroom, and turned on the water, and started to take a shower. I stood in the shower with the hot water falling down my back.
“ love?” I muffled. I stopped the water, and wrapped a towel around my waist, and I got out and looked at myself in the mirror. I heard my phone vibrate, and I flipped it open and read a new text message.
Ashton- Ur such a tease…..
Me- I am not. You said I couldn’t turn a guy on, so I proved your stpid asz wrng. ;)
Ashton- teaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Me- hmmm & yu knw it babe 
Ashton- your killin me gallll
Me- yah I knw
Ashton- wht r u doing 2mrw?
Me- nutin……. Whyzz?
Ashton- you wnt to go out to dinner……?
Me- Ashton are you…. Asking me out on a date….?
Ashton- yah so will you?
Me- HmmmHmmmm wouldn’t miss out on it….  cya tmrw ash.
Ashton- cya 2mrw gal. 
I put down my phone, and looked at myself in the mirror. Did I just flirt back with Ashton? I reread the texts…. I called him babe… I was flirting with him…. Ugh I just boosted up his already to big cocky ego. I sighed, and my cheeks where a light shade of pink, and the door swung open and ben walked in and grabbed the tooth paste and started to brush his teeth. I tightened the grip on my towel and gawked at him, and hit him on the back of the head. He turned to me.
“ What was that for?” He asked rubbing his head.
“ Do I not get any privacy?” I choked. He shook his head.
“ Nope,” he popped the p. I rolled my eyes, and walked out of the shower, and into the front room, and had five pairs of eyes land on me. Rickey had his friends over and they were all looking at me in my towel. Rickey waved his hand at me.
“ Guys this is Gal my second roommate. You should knw her she goes to my school,” Rickey said watching the football game. They all heard smirks on their faces, and my face went scarlet red. I did know all these guys. They were Rickey’s friends and I would pass them, but they never really noticed me. my legs where bare, and I tightened my grip on my towel. They all continued to look at me, and my bags where near their feet. I sighed.
“ Hey Rickey hand me my bags,” I said as nice as I could. He waved towards my bags.
“ get it yourself,” he sighed and continued to look at game.
“ Rickey,” I said a little more harshly this time. He glanced up at me, and back down at the game.
“ Hm nice dress,” he said.
“ it’s a towel not a dress!” I stomped my foot, and the guys snickered.
“ Don’t worry gal it aint the first time we seen you in a towel,” one of the guys smirked. Oh the picture. My face went even more redder, like a freaking apple. Oh… my…. God…
“ Rickey!” I shrieked… this time he didn’t even look up at me. I pinched the bridge of my nose, and went and grabbed my bag, and brought it into Rickey’s room, and came back out with my towel still on, and I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a banana and aimed it at Rickey…. Arm back and throw!
THWAP!
“ What the fuck!” Rickey said rubbing his head. I walked in front of him, and waved my hand over my body.
“ not a dress Rickey a freaking towel you moron!” I growled. His eyes widened and he smirked.
“ I like towel better any day,” he smirked. I hit his head, and walked into his room, and started to get dressed, and I just got my bra and thong on when Rickey opened the door. I stumbled over trying to cover myself, and Rickey walked in grabbed his phone, and started to text someone. I looked for the first thing I could grab, and chucked the remote at his head. He let out a oomph, and glared at me, and scanned my body.
“ Privacy!” I screamed at him. He shrugged his shoulders and just walked out of the room and didn’t even close the door behind him. I stood there in the middle of the room staring at the open door.
“ You freaking kidding me right!” I screamed on the top of my lungs.
Chapter eleven-
I stood in the front of the mirror with only my bra and thong on looking at my bruises all over my rib cage, and stomach. I had them over my arms, and on my sides. I went to go touch one of my hip, and bit down on my lip to stop my cry. I grabbed onto the side of the sink, and sighed. Then the door flung open and I let out a yelp, and ben stood their staring at me. he looked over my body and saw all my bruises, and his mouth hung open. I ran to the door, and slammed it in his face.
“ open the door know!” Ben hissed.
“ Shudup ben!” I cried. He started to pound on the door. “ You’re going to wake up Rickey!” I whispered through the door.
“ Rickey,” ben went to go scream and I flew open the door, and put my hand over his mouth, and he stumbled backwards and I straddled over him. I was still only in my bra and thongs, but he is gay so I don’t care.
“ don’t!” I hissed.
“ who did that to you!”
“ no one! Just leave it be!” ben grabbed my arms, and I bit my lip, and he pushed me off him, and looked down at me.
“ I am not going to leave it be….. are you nuts?”
“ Ben… it’s done and over with it. Its over…. Nothing really happened and I am fine.”
“ what’s his name?”
“ it wasn’t a he! It was these to dumb chicks that are full of jealousy!” I said. I hated lying. It was my worst thing, but ben doesn’t really know me, so he won’t know if I am lying or telling the truth.
“ Are you lying to me Galaxy?” He said looking me straight in the eyes.
“ No,” I said hardly. He nodded his head, and looked me over.
“ nice outfit,” he winced. I looked down and even though ben was gay he was still a freaking guy! My face went scarlet red, and I ran back into the bathroom. I pulled on a denim mini skirt, a black tank top, and a white cardigan. I looked around the bathroom for my converse, and I couldn’t for god’s name find them. I walked out of the bathroom, and looked around the front room, and I couldn’t find them anywhere.
“ RICKEY!” I yelled. Ben looked over at me.
“ So you can wake him up but I can’t?” he asked.
“ Oh shush,” I rolled my eyes. Rickey walked out of his room with his boxers, and I realized both of them only had boxers… I shook my head and looked around. “ Rickey where are my converse?” I yelled. Rickey put his hands on his head.
“ Not so loud in the morning!” he mumbled plopping down on the couch. I rolled my eyes, and I stopped and started to pout.
“ I can’t find my shoessss!” I wined.
“ Ugh just where your sandals then,” Ben smiled. Ugh! I walked over to the couch and slipped them on and looked down. I look like such a girl today….
“ ugh,” I sighed.
“ I liked your other outfit better,” Ben smirked.
“ ben your gay so shut up!” I hissed.
“ Well…” he stopped and I looked over at him, and gave him a death glare. He shot his hands up and started to laugh. “ Im joking I am 100% gay,” he laughed. I glared at him, and then looked back and forward between ben and Rickey.
“ Are you guys going to get dressed?” I arched an eyebrow. They both sighed, and walked into their rooms, and came back out five minutes later. Well Rickey did ben takes like twenty minutes. Rickey and I sat in the car, and when ben finally came out I sighed, and glared at him. He sat in the back.
“ What’s up with the death glare?” he chuckled.
“ you take longer to get ready then me,” I sighed. Ben rolled his eyes at me, and I turned up the music, and looked out the window. When we pulled up I remembered that I have kale in my English class. My stomach churned and I put my hand over my mouth, and shut my eyes, and I heard ben get out of the car, and then Rickey was about to leave but he looked over at me, and I saw worry wash over his face.
“ Gal what’s wrong?” he said. I shook my head, and stepped out of the car, and looked back at Rickey and put the best smile I had.
“ nothing I just remembered I have a test and I totally forgot about it,” I sighed. He let out a laugh and rolled his eyes. I parted ways with them, and made my way inside the building. There was no one in their yet because we arrived really early. I turned the corner and saw Kale with some of his friends. Two other guys that I didn’t know. I gasped, and kale looked up at me, and a smirk came across his face.
“ Hey gal,” he snarled. I stood there and I couldn’t move. I felt like I was frozen. He started to walk towards me, and the two others stood on his sides, and he whispered something to them, and at first they looked shocked and then lust washed all over their faces. I went to go turn around but I felt kale grab my forearm, and spin me around. He grabbed my waist, and held me to him. I looked up at him, and I felt my body start to shake.
“ K- K- K-,” I couldn’t find my face. His smile grew wider, and he slammed me into a wall, and I felt pain burst through my body, and I let out a little whimper, and he started to kiss my neck, and I felt his lips travel up my neck, and he kissed the corner of my mouth. I was trembling, and then the bell rang, and kale let go of me, and my legs fell from under me, and I fell to the ground. I sat there, and they all just walked away. My lip started to tremble, and then I felt someone standing in front of me, and I looked up at Ashton who was looking at me and he knelt down next to me.
“ What’s wrong?” he whispered pulling me to my feet. I shook my head, and tried to smile.
“ I just got a horrid charley horse,” I sighed. He let out a laugh, and shook his head.
“ I got to get to class ill cya later,” He smiled he then stopped, and turned back to me. “ By the way your outfit today for our date is very cute,” He smiled and kissed my forehead, and left. I smiled, and then broke down into tears. I ran into the bathroom, and stood there for a little bit… I cannot go to English…. I sat there, and then got up, and started to wash my face with cold water, and I gripped onto the sink looking at myself. Oh it totally doesn’t look like you were crying…
“ Damnit,” I huffed. I turned on my heel, and walked out of the bathroom. Should I go to English or skip class… go to English, and put up with Kale… or skip class and not see him. If I go to English though Ashton will be there, and I’ll just stay close to him. If I skip class I’ll miss the work, get into trouble, maybe even a detention. But kale-
“ Miss. Galaxy?” A voice said. I turned around and saw Mr. Rook my English teacher standing their looking at me.
“ Oh hello Mr. Rook!” DAMNIT all to hell! He walked around me and held the door open for me, and I peered in and saw kale sitting there looking smug.
“ Ladies first,” he smiled. I smiled, and waved my hand and walked past him.
“ Oh thank you!”
SCREW MY LIFE! I sulked over into my seat, and moved it over a little to be farther from kale, and plopped down in my seat, and let out a long sigh.
“ Hey Gal,” A voice sang. I looked up and saw ash ton standing there, and he sat in his desk, and turned around to face me.
“ Oh. Ugh. Hi,” I muttered.
“ So after school you want to go get something to eat?” he asked.
“ Sure,” I smiled.
“ Great…” He said and I saw a small tint of pink cover his cheeks. I narrowed my eyes at him and smirked.
“ your blushing,” I chuckled. His face dropped.
“ I am not,” he snarled. I shrugged my shoulder.
“ Whatever helps you sleep at night,” I smiled. He rolled his eyes, and started to turn away from me.
“ So I’ll pick you up after school?” he asked before drawing his eyes away from me. I nodded my head. “ Alright it’s a date then.”
“ yep a date then,” I smiled. He turned in his seat, and I sat there in class, and then it all hit me!
WAIT…. WHAT! He… Said…. Oh my god……
Chapter twelve-
The last bell rang, and I made my way out of the school, and I looked up and saw Ashton leaning on my locker waiting for me with a huge grin from ear to ear.
“ hey,” he smiled.
“ Hola,” I smiled walking up to him, and pushing his shoulder a little so I could open my locker. He stepped aside and I started to put in my combo, and I felt him staring at me, and I stopped and tilted my head.
“ Trying to burn a hole in my head?” I chuckled. His face went a light shade of pink, and he rolled his eyes, and crossed his arms over his chest. I let out a laugh, and tried to open my locker. I started to pull on it and it was jammed. I tugged on it a little more.
“ Let me open it,” Ashton sighed.
“ No!” I said stubbornly and yanked hardly on the door, and it flew open and I stumbled back falling on my ass. Ashton broke out into laughter, and jumped up and lightly hit his arm.
“ Well it opened,” I grumbled searching for my wallet.
He let out a laugh, and I shot my head up, and did a little smile.
“ So where do you want to go?” He asked.
“ I don’t care.” I closed my locker, and looked at him, and we made our way to the parking lot, and they was a black mustang he walked up to.
“ Nice car,” I smiled looking at it.
“ Hm I know,” he smiled and opened the door for me. I got in and he walked around and sat down, and he put his finger to his nose and had this serious thinking look plastered on his face, and I broke out into laughter and he turned his head towards me.
“ What?” he asked confused.
“ You had the funniest look on your face,” I croaked still laughing and my eyes where tearing up. He grinned and shook his head, and started up the car.
“ I am deciding a place to go,” he said tapping his finger on the steering wheel and then his face went extremely happy and he did a sharp turn and I gasped, and he went full speed.
“ Are… are you nuts!?” I gasped.
“ I know where to go,” he smirked looking at me, and I hit the side of his head.
“ EYES ON ROAD!” I yelled at him. He chuckled and I continued to glare at him. “ Even we even survive through your horrible driving,” I muttered under my breath. He gasped.
“ I am not….!”
I giggled.
“ Sorry Ash but you are,” I smiled. “ where are we going?” I asked.
“ Surprise,” and with that he blasted the music, and I just sighed and looked out the window because I knew he wasn’t going to tell me. I hate surprises. I slumped down in my seat, and looked out the window. We drove for about twenty minutes, when the car slowed down, and I tilted my head up and my jaw dropped.
“ I thought you said we were going to eat,” I said glaring at him. I looked at the Iceland sign and sighed… ice skating is…. Me and ice is a no. no.
“ We are gonna skate, and they have food their too,” he said smiling. I looked at him and he had this pleading look on his face. I sighed.
“ Im wearing a skirt,” I said looking at my legs. Then he leaned back in his seat, and threw a pair of black yoga pants at me.
“ there,” He smiled.
“ Who’s are these?” I asked raising an eyebrow.
“ My sisters,” he said simply. I narrowed my eyes at him. I went to go open the door, but he put his hand on my arm. “ Aren’t you going to get changed?”
“ Yeah in the bathrooms!”
“ Don’t be such a Wuss just slipped the pants under the skirt and pull the skirt off. I sighed and closed the door, and put my feet through the pants and raised my hips off the seat to pull the pants on. Ashton raised an eyebrow at me and winced, and I slapped his head, and he laughed and looked away. After I situated myself I opened the door, and Ashton shot his head up and got out of the car. He smiled, and we walked in.
“ Two to skate, and rentals,” Ashton smiled. The guy behind the counter was probably around our age and his eyes caught mine, and he smiled, and I felt a shiver run down my spine, and I tried to smile, but it didn’t work so I just looked away. I went to get my money but then I saw Ashton giving the guy money, and groaned and Ashton looked at me.
“ What shoe size?” he asked.
“ Nine,” I sighed.
“ A nine, and a eleven,” Aston smiled. The guy handed us our skates, and we walked over to a bench and started to put them on. I looked at Ashton.
“ You didn’t have to pay for me,” I said looking at him.
“ I know,” he smiled. He looked at me and then back at his skates. We finished tying them and then Ashton jumped on the ice, and he stood their doing turns waiting for me. I stopped right before I touched the ice and I looked down and at Ashton and he had a grin on his face.
“ God watch over me,” I muffled and then I stepped on the ice, and I flew forward, and Ashton grabbed me and pulled me back up. “ Okay I had fun let’s get off!” I cried. He let out a laugh, and held onto my hand, and he slowly started to advance forward and my foot slipped underneath me, and I went falling back, and right on my ass.
“ Ump,” I cried. Ashton skated in front of me and held out his hands for me to take them and I sighed and he hauled me up. Every step we would take my legs would be shaking, and I would let out a shriek whenever I felt unbalanced. Ashton stopped for a second, and he starred at me.
“ You really do suck at this,” He laughed.
“ How many time did I have to fall, for you to realize this?” I asked. He let go of my hand, and I placed my hands out trying to stay still. “ Don’t let go of me,” I cried. Then he wrapped his arm around my waist, and grabbed my other hand, and we slowly advanced forward and I didn’t fall. We skated around the rink about seven times, and then I tried doing it on my own and once again such a fail. After about two hours of skating, we were talking and then some guy came flying past me, an di got startled and jumped back, and Ashton came behind me, and we both fell back and I landed on top of him.
“ Im sorry!” I cried scooting away from him, and on my hands and knees trying to get up but I fell back on my knees, and Ashton broke out into laughter’s. I glared at him and picked up some extra ice, and pulled his shirt, and put the ice down his shirt. His eyes widened and he jumped back trying to get the ice out of his shirt.
“ That’s it,” He snarled. My eyes widened and I got on my knees and tried crawling to the edge so I could stand but I felt someone pick me up and I let out a screech, and Ashton was holding me bridal style skating really fast. I shut my eyes and clung to him.
“ Don’t you dare drop me!” I cried. Then I felt us slow down and he set me down on the ground. Thank god we are off the ice. I smiled up at him, and we made our way over to the bench and took off our skates. I sighed.
“ I can feel my feet again,” I giggled. Ashton looked up at me and chuckled and shook his head and continued to take of his shoes. I stood up and walked over to return my shoes, and I felt someone’s arms wrap around me.
“ Hey,” I smiled turning around to see Ashton but I don’t know who it was. My eyes widened.
“ Hello to you too,” he winced still having his arms around me. I heard a growl from behind me, and Ashton glared at the guy. And the guy took a step back and smiled at me.
“ don’t touch her,” Ashton said glaring at him.
“ Who are you to say?” He smirked. Then Ashton wrapped his arm around my hip, and pulled me into him and kissed my forehead, and held me close to him.
“ As her boyfriend I have a lot to say,” he said glaring at the guy. The guys eyes widened and he took a step back and disappeared into the crowed… did he just say he was my… no…. we started to walk out of the rink, and he still had his arm around me, and I was walking close to him. I went to open my mouth to say something but I couldn’t get anything to come out so I just closed my mouth again. When we got to the car, Ashton continued to hold me, and he turned me around so he had both his arms around my waist and I was looking up into his eyes.
“ Galaxy,” He smiled.
“ Y- yeah?” I muttered. He leaned down to me, and hissed my forehead.
“ so am i?” he asked. I looked up at him and smiled.
“ Do you want to be?” I asked. Then his lips touched mine, and it was soft and sweet, and he smiled against my lips.
“ Of course,” he smirked. I smiled, and wrapped my arms around him, and let him old me, and he kissed my forehead, and then pulled away and looked at me. he opened the car door and I got in and he got in the car and we were off. He reached over and grabbed my hand, and I looked down and smiled. When we pulled up in front of Rickey’s a I turned to Ashton and smiled.
“ I had a fun time,” I whispered. Ashton got out of the car, and he opened the door for me, and we made our way to my front door. We stood there, and he took a step closer to me, and cupped my face with his hand, and I smiled and stepped closer to our bodies where touching. He lent down and I felt his breath against my lips, and then the door flew open and ben stood their looking at us. We pulled apart, and I looked over at ben and glared.
“ WHOOPS!” he smiled, and ran down the hallway into his room. I shook my head and laughed.
“ Goodnight,” I smiled turning back to Ashton and then he pressed his lips against mine again and it was nice. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.
“ Your roommate has horrible timing,” He chuckled. I laughed and kissed him on the cheek and walked into the house and closed the door, and smiled.
“ Oh Ben…! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!” I yelled running down the hall way, and I heard him shriek and he ran out of his room, and towards the couch, and I leaped for him and tackled him to the ground.
“ Oh ugh hey Gal,” he smiled.
“ You have horrible timing!” I growled and got off him, and plopped down on the couch.
“ Well who would know when I got outside to find two hormonal teenagers about to suck one another faces off,” ben smirked. My jaw dropped and I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him.
“ Shut up,” I smirked.
“ So…” he smiled sitting down next to me.
“ So….?” I asked raising an eyebrow.
“ Soooo is he your boyfriend?” he asked. I smiled and my face went scarlet red, and I nodded my head.
“ Oh hot damn you got a nice piece of ass!” he squealed. I broke out into laugher, and hit his shoulder.
“ Ben don’t you dare try and steal my boyfriend from me!” I winced.
Chapter thirteen-
I sighed, and stood next to two boys. Yay we get to play dodge ball! Screw my life. A ball came towards me, and I scurried behind some guys, and stood there.
“ galaxy what are you doing?” A voice yelled. I had no one in front of me, so I started to move around so I wouldn’t get it.
“ Galaxy throw a ball!” Another person yelled.
“ Screw you!” I yelped dodging a ball inches from my head. Their where five other guys on the other team, and me, and two nerds on mine. Everyone else was out. I sighed, and continued to move around. The two nerds tried to throw the balls but they were so unsucceful. A ball came flying and hit one guy in the stomach and he went down. I looked at him, and gasped. It was me, and some other dude know. I looked at him and he looked at me.
“ J- Just let them hit you with the ball,” He said.
“I don’t want to go to the doctors today!” I cried. The balls came to a stop, and each one of the guys where holding a ball. They were all football players, and they had a good…. A great aim and they were strong. I looked at all of them.
“ they are gonna attack all at once,” he said quietly. I groaned, and prepared myself for impact but I felt nothing. I looked over at the guy and all the balls where going for him. I groaned, and darted towards him, and shoved him, and I felt a ball hit my thigh, then on my hip, got hit twice in the stomach, and then bam! One right in my face. I stumbled back, and hit the ground, and felt blood dripping down my nose, and I groaned, and laid there and closed my eyes.
“ Why did you do that?” The boy asked. He was sitting on the ground looking at me. I went to go talk, but the teacher rushed over to my side. She pulled me up a little and I let out a moan, and sat up the rest of the way and saw blood all over my hands. I groaned.
“ Are you alright?” Teacher asked.
“ I- im fine,” I smiled, and looked at her.
“ Josh, can you please take Galaxy to the nurses,” Teacher said. The guy that I pushed out of the way stood beside me and held out his hand, and I reluctantly took it, so his name is josh. We started to walk, and I kept my distance. When we exited the gym rooms, the hallways where empty and we walked quietly.
“ Why did you do that?” Josh asked.
“ Do what?” I said holding my head back trying to stop the blood.
“ Push me out of the way, and having yourself be the target,” He mumbled. I shrugged my shoulders, and stopped for a second.
“ If you saw that someone was going to get hurt, and you knew you could stop it wouldn’t you?” I asked looking at him.
“ I Dunno,” He said looking me in the eyes.
“ I saw what was going to happen, and I knew I could stop it so I did. If I let those balls hit you I would of felt guilty and knew I let that happen to you,” I said.
“ It’s called dodge ball your supposed to get hit with the ball,” he said rolling his eyes. He went to go walk away, but I reached my hand out and grabbed his arm and pulled him back to me. he was tall… like six foot three, and he wasn’t bad looking for a nerd.
“ They were not playing dodge ball. Dodge ball is a game and you’re supposed to have fun. They wanted to hurt you,” I said looking him straight in the eyes.
“ What do you want me to say thank you or something? “He growled. I looked at him confused and rolled my eyes.
“ No. I just don’t want you treating me like a piece of shit!” I snapped.
“ Well I only treat em when I see em,” He growled.
“ What is that supposed to mean! I never even did anything to you!”
“ you were born!” He snapped pushing me back. What! I was against a locker, and I remembered what happened in the room with Kale, and I felt my body start to shake, and I closed my eyes tightly, and breathed in and out.
“ Okay im sorry… j- just don’t h- hurt m- m- me,” I said a tear slipping down my face. I heard him sigh, and I opened my eyes and he was looking down at me with a sad face. He wrapped his arms around me.
“ Im sorry,” He whispered. I nodded my head, and he stepped back. “ Thank you,” He said. It caught me off guard and I looked at him shocked and then I smiled.
“ My name is Galaxy by the way,” I said reaching out my hand. He shook it and smiled.
“ Josh,” he nodded his head.
“ Let’s get you to the nurse,” he said.
I shook my head.
“ I am fine,” I smiled. He gave me a unsure look and I let out a laugh.
“ Maybe we should just check,” he said trailing off. I started to laugh.
“ Im fine!” I smiled, and lightly hit his arm. He smiled and nodded his head.
“ Those guys where completely shocked when they saw what you did,” he chuckled.
“ Yeah I know, hey can I ask you something?” I looked at him. He nodded his head. “ How come you seemed to hate me so much?” He face went scarlet red.
“ It’s just I hear a lot of stuff,” he trailed off. I raised an eyebrow at him.
“ What kind of stuff?” I said.
“ Just rumors but I don’t think they are true know,” he said.
“ Why is that?”
“ Because I couldn’t except someone like you to do that,” he said not looking me in the eyes.
“ Something like-,” I was cut off when someone wrapped their arms around my waist. I turned around and saw Ashton and his face dropped.
“ What happened to your face?” he asked lightly touching my nose.
“ Dodge ball,” I said shrugging my shoulders. He shook his head, and let out a laugh. I turned towards josh. “ Ashton this is my friend josh. Josh this is my boyfriend Ashton,” I said introducing the two. They both smiled at one another.
“ nice to meet you,” josh said extending his hand. They shook hands, and josh looked at me and smiled. “ I’ll talk to you later. The teacher probably thinks I ran away,” he laughed. I smiled.
“ Thanks,” I said.
“ no thank you,” he said and then turned and left. I turned back to Ashton, and he placed a kiss on my forehead.
“ how are you feeling?” He asked.
“ Im fine really,” I giggled.
“ you want to go to my place and hang out?” he asked.
“ yeah sure,” I smiled. We walked to his car and we sung to songs on our way there, and it was fun. When we got their he opened the door to his house, and I walked in. it was nice.
“ You want anything to drink?” He asked.
“ No thanks,” I smiled looking around.
“ let’s go watch a movie,” he said walking upstairs. I followed him, and we went into his bedroom.
“ What movie you got?” I asked plopping down on his bed.
“ How about Friday the thirteenth?” he smiled. I nodded my head, and he popped in the movie, and he sat down on the bed next to me. I laid back, and rested my head on his chest, and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders. That’s how we stayed throughout the movie and it was nice. He didn’t try to be a perv, and he was kind. I felt his chest move up and down when he breathed, and when the movie ended I laid there and tried to match my breathing with his.
“ I love you,” I heard him whisper. He must of thought I was asleep. I felt his hand running through my hair and after a couple minutes of silenced I smiled.
“ I love you too,” I said. His hand stopped, and I felt his body tense. I tilted my head up a little, and he smiled down at me, and he kissed my forehead.
“ I know we only start dating, but I have like you for a long time,” He smiled. I smiled, and leaned up a little, and softly kissed his lips, and rested my head back down on his chest, and slowly closed my eyes, and fell into a light sleep in Ashton’s arms.
Chapter fourteen-
I laid on the couch, and flipped through the channels one by one trying to find something to wear.
“ Chanel two hundred one,” I sighed.
“ Gal go out or something!” I heard Rickey scream from his room.
“ you go out or something!” I yelled back from the couch. I laid across of the couch and flipped myself over so I was upside down, and I had my feet on the top of the couch, and I felt the blood rushing to my head.
“ GOO!” I heard Rickey scream.
“ NOOO!” I screamed even louder.
“ Jesus shut up! Its Saturday morning!” Ben cried walking out of his room rubbing his eyes.
“ Well it wouldn’t be so bad if you didn’t have a hang over,” I giggled.
“ What are you doing?” ben asked standing in front of my with a hand on his hip, and his head tilted looking down at me.
“ what does it look like im doing?” I asked looking up at him. He rolled his eyes at me, and stumbled into the kitchen.
“ You’re so weird,” I heard him grumble on his way.
“ I LOVE YOU TOO!” I screamed. He moaned.
“ Sh!” I started to laugh, and then I felt someone hit me in the face with a pillow.
“ What was that for?” I asked sitting up and saw Rickey sitting there.
“ You and Ashton have been dating for two weeks know?” He asked. I nodded my head. “ Then what are you doing home right know?” He asked.
“ What do you mean?” I asked raising an eyebrow.
“ Well like shouldn’t couples go out on Friday nights get wasted and you’re supposed to crash at his place, and not be home until like noon on a Saturday?”
“ Shut up,” I laughed.
“ I mean come on its Saturday and eight in the morning!” He cried throwing his hands up in the air. I rolled my eyes at him, and pointed my finger at him.
“ Because I love pissing you off,” I smirked. He got up and threw another pillow at me, and I caught it, and stood up and walked into the kitchen and lightly hit ben’s arm.
“ What are you doing today?” I smiled.
“ Well im going out with some friends to dinner later, and Rickey is bringing some of his friends too,” He smiled.
“ Where are you going?”
“ Pizza parlor!” Rickey sung.
“ Sometimes I wonder if your gay too,” I said turning to Rickey.
“ baby I can show you that I am one hundred percent straight for girls,” he winced. I rolled my eyes, and pretended to gag.
“ I’ll pass.”
“ Your loss,” He smiled.
“ You want to come with us?” Ben asked. I looked over at him and shrugged my shoulders.
“ Sure,” I smiled.
“ Is Ashton going to come?” Rickey asked sitting down on the counter.
“ No he is in this football thingy,” I smiled.
“ Ohhhhh! Well tonight where gonna have us a single Galaxy tonight,” he smirked. I let out a laugh, and hit Rickey in the chest.
“ When did you become such a perv?” I giggled.
“ When I woke up this morning and I saw your jammies,” He winced. I looked down and saw I was wearing black short shorts with a white tank. I blushed and hit his arm.
“ Ah shut up,” I groaned.
“ What time should I be ready by?” I asked walking into the front room, and plopping down onto the couch.
“ well its eight thirty know… be ready around four,” Ben said looking over at me.
“ Alrighty,” I smiled. “ im gonna take a little nap, because boy I am tired!” I giggled, and threw a blanket over me, and closed my eyes.
“ I shouldn’t let you sleep,” I heard Rickey grumble and then his door closed. I laughed to myself and took a little nap. I woke up and saw it was already three o’clock. I sighed, and got up and took a shower. Then I did the daily routine…. Dry it, straighten, apply makeup, and get dressed. It all take forty minutes… man sometimes being a girl really sucks. I walked out of the bathroom, and ben rushed past me and slammed the door shut. I turned around and starred at the door confused and then ben walked backed out and looked down at me.
“ You took forever in their! And I had to really use the bathroom!” he sighed.
“ Why didn’t you use yours?” I asked raising an eyebrow.
“ because Rickey wouldn’t for the love of god get out!” he cried. I broke out into laughter, and shook my head. Rickey then came out dresses, and ben shot glares at him, and Rickey rolled his eyes.
“ Get over it,” Rickey laughed walking past me grabbing his keys and walking outside. I laughed, and followed him. I went to go open the passenger door, but I was pushed out of the way, and I put my hand on my hip, and glared Ben.
“ Shotgun,” He smirked, and opened the door and got in the car and closed it. I stuck my tongue out at him, and hopped in the back.
“ Wow she let you sit in the front?” Rickey laughed while starting up the car.
“ Um more like he pushed me out of the way,” I said looking at ben. Ben shrugged his shoulders.
“ get over it hunny,” He winced. I rolled my eyes, and leaned back into the seat. Bruno mars marry me came onto the radio and I jumped up and down.
“ DON’T YOU DARE CHANGE IT!” I yelped. Rickey jumped and nodded his head.
“ Alright…. Alright…” he mumbled. Ben laughed, and I started to sing along with the song, and then we pulled up to the pizza parlor, and ben turned around towards me, and he was smiling.
“ What?” I asked sheepishly.
“ You’re a good singer,” He winced. I rolled my eyes, and kicked his seat. Ben and Rickey hopped out of the car, and I looked out the window and saw a dozen guys standing there and I sighed.im the only girl? Really? Come on….. I crawled out of the car and stood behind Rickey, and then he pushed me forward, and I was standing around all the guys.
“ Guys this is Gal my girl,” He smirked putting his arm around me. I rolled my eyes, and shrugged his hand off.
“ Im Gal, but im not his girl. Im his roommate,” I smiled. I was greeted by hello’s and all that. They introduced their names but I didn’t bother to pay attention because their where just too many of them to remember all of their names. We walked into the pizza place, and sat down. The guys where telling jokes, and I was laughing, and I looked over to my right and saw Zane, mark, river, tony, and Dylan sitting at a table. I gawked at them, and slumped down into my seat so I wouldn’t be seen. I slumped all the way in my seat, and some of the guys gave me questioning looks and I just did a faint smile, and tried to hide my face with my hair. The waiter came with our drinks and he looked young and inexperienced-
Coldness erupted all over my body, and I jumped out of my chair, and let out a yelp, and saw that the waiter tripped and all the drinks came down onto the one and only… ME! so cold. I had Goosebumps all over me, and I was drenched in sprite, root beer, and coke. The guys erupted into laughter’s, and I turned to them and glared, and then I turned around and saw Zane, his cousins and his brothers all looking at me. I held my breath, and looked away from the gaze.
“ I- I- Im so s- sorry!” the waiter mumbled. I let out a laugh, and put my hand on his shoulder.
“ Its fine,” I smiled. The guys gasped at my reaction and I turned towards them “ What where you expecting me to throw a hissy fit? Its only hair and clothes,” I smirked. “ Im gonna go. I’ll see you guys later,” I smiled to ben and Rickey they were about to get up but I motioned with my hand for them to sit down. “ Stay!” I said pointing at them. The guys laughed, and I smiled, and rolled my eyes, and walked out of the restaurant, and I thought I was going to die. I don’t care about the spill… I saw all four of them in there.
“ Galaxy,” a voice whispered. I turned around and saw Zane standing their looking at me.
“ Zane,” I muffled looking away from him.
“ Why Gal…. Why?” he asked taking a step closer to me.
“ What do you mean?” I said quietly.
“ WHAT DO I MEAN?” He spat. I flinched. “ You just left like that galaxy. You said all that crap and just left. Do you know how hurt Marcie and don are? Do you know how hurt you made me by saying I pitied you that’s why we were ever friends? Are you messed up in the head?” Zane just kept going on and on and I just zoned him out and felt tears brimming in my eyes.
“ ZANE SHUT UP!” I screamed tighten my fists to my side, and tears escaped my eyes. “ Do you really want to know why I left? You want to know why I said those things! How about you ask your damned brother! Go ask Dylan! He was right!” I cried. Zane looked at me confused. “ im not your family and I will never be,” I sniffled. I saw Zane’s face dropped, and he stood their looking at me.
“ You’ve always been my family Galaxy,” he whispered. I looked up at him, and had tears spilling out of my eyes. “ Don’t pay attention to Dylan…. I can’t believe you even listened to what Dylan said,” he said shaking his head.
“ Zane im not coming back,” I whispered.
“ I know you aren’t.”
“ At least not right know,” I said looking at him.
“ Did I lose you?” he asked and I saw his hurt face.
“ You can never get rid of me,” I smiled. He let out a laugh, and lunged for me and wrapped his arms around me.
“ Zane I have soda all over me!” I laughed.
“ Well I do too know!”
Chapter fifteen-
I sat there, and the air felt thick, and hard to breath. All eyes were on me, and I looked down at my hands, and my palms where sweaty, and I felt as though a lump was caught in my throat. I took a deep breath, and my chest filled with air, and I slowly tilted my head up, and brought my eyes up, and looked around the table at Don, Marcie, Mark, River, Tony, Zane, and Dylan. This was an awkward dinner. Don and Marcie sat their smiling and trying to bring up a conversation, and tony and river where arguing about something when mark Zane and I made little jokes, and throughout the whole time Dylan sat their glaring at me with the most intent stare.
“ So then she was like what the hell!” Zane started to say, but I zoned out and laughed going along with the joke. I looked to the side, and caught gazes with Dylan, and quickly looked back down and towards Zane again.
“ Wasn’t that funny?” Mark asked. My gaze shot to him, and I sat their confused, and then looked at Zane, and he shook his head at me.
“ you were not listening to my joke where you?” Zane asked cocking an eyebrow.
“ Of course I was!”
“ Then what was the joke about?” He asked propping his elbows on the table. I sat there, and pulled the hair out of my face.
“ It was a joke…. About something….” I hesitated. “ Funny?” I mumbled. Zane and mark started to laugh and they shook their heads. I shrugged my shoulders. “ not my fault your jokes where not funny enough to keep my attention,” I shrugged.
“ My jokes… Not funny!” Zane yelped. “ Dude its already hard trying to keep your attention with that small brain of yours!” Zane laughed. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him. “ So mature Gal,” Zane huffed.
“ I know right!” I giggled. He rolled his eyes, and then mark sighed.
“ What’s wrong mark?” Marcie asked looking at him.
“ Ma I’ve gone out on so many dates, and all the girls are so…. I cannot seem to impress them! I have taken them out to fancy dinners, movies, and I’ve been all romantic and stuff…. Girls are just impossible,” Mark sighed. I let out a sigh and he glared at me. I shrugged my shoulders, and took a sip of my milk.
“ Hey if all else fails lower your standards,” I said simply. Everyone busted out into laughter, and Mark gawked at me.
“ how low must I get?” He gawked. That time I choked on my milk, and started to laugh. That was too funny!
“ Oh we sure missed you,” I heard don laugh. I turned my head and looked at him, and smiled, and then I heard someone laugh in back of me, and I looked over at Dylan, and he was shaking his head, and scowling at me.
“ You know Dylan if you continue to look so pissed all the time your face is going to crack if you ever smile,” I spat. I put my hand over my mouth too late. It just came out. I couldn’t hold it back. I haven’t spoken to Dylan in such a long time. Everyone looked over at Dylan, and they started to laugh.
“ She is right Dyl,” Zane laughed. Dylan turned to Zane and growled and he looked back at me, and I looked back at him and we glared at one another. We had finished eating, and Marcie got up and started to clean. All the guys got up and went to go watch TV in the front room, and I got up and waked next to Marcie.
“ Let me help you,” I smiled taking a plate from Marcie. She smiled at me.
“ Thanks Hun,” She said quietly and she made her way into the kitchen. I followed after her with plates in my hand, and I started to load them into the dish washer. “ where are you staying?” Marcie asked. I kept my back to her, and continued to load the dish washer.
“ At a friends,” I replied looking down. I know I was hurting Marcie right know.
“ Galaxy I know I might not be your mother, and Don might not be your father but we look at you like your our only daughter. At night and day all we do is worry about you. What you’re doing, and where you’re staying. Wondering if you got home alright,” Marcie voice started to crack, and I heard her sniffling. I turned on my heel, and wrapped my arms around Marcie.
“ I love you Marcie,” I said in a whisper.
“ I- We all love you too Galaxy,” she said hugging me back. I shook my head and let out a little laugh. “ What’s so funny?”
“ Dylan hates my guts,” I sighed.
“ That’s just Dylan….” She trailed off. Marcie loosened her grip a little and pulled away still holding my arms and looked at me. “ Galaxy…. Will you come back?” She asked. I closed my eyes, and pulled my arms away from her, and turned around.
“ Not right know Marcie… not right know….” I turned back to her, and she had tears in her eyes and she nodded her head.
“ I understand,” She smiled her lips shaking. My heart sank, and I touched her arm.
“ It kills me to see you like this!” I cried wrapping my arms around her once again. “ Im not saying I am never moving in again. Just not right know. I need some time,” I said holding her. She nodded her head but didn’t say anything. “ You and Don might not be my blood parents, but you two are the closest things I got to them. You’re like my parents by blood or not,” I smiled. Marcie’s grip tightened, and she pulled away, and tucked my hair behind my ears and smiled at me. I smiled back at her, and she started to cry once again. “ Marcie why are you crying?” I asked wiping away some of her tears.
“ Baby they aren’t tears of sadness,” She laughed. I smiled, and then someone cleared their throats and I looked over and saw don their smiling. “ Come on Donnie you want to join in on the hug?” Marcie smiled. Don laughed, and came over and wrapped his arms around both Marcie and I and pulled us into a tight hug. I let out a laugh and was being hugged to death.
“ Awe you guys left me out of the family hug,” Zane whimpered putting a hand over his heart. Marcie and I laughed, and Don shook his head and chuckled. We pulled apart, and I walked over to Zane, and threw my arms around his neck instantly and squeezed the lift out of him.
“ I. Said…. A hug! Not a… to…. Oh god… me squeezed like an orange!” he gasped. I laughed, and let go of him. He looked down at me, and ruffled my hair and I swatted his hand away. He laughed, and rolled his eyes.
“ Ashton is going to be here soon, so I better get going,” I smiled. Marcie hugged me, and don wrapped his arm around my shoulder and gave me a side hug, and he kissed the side of my head.
“ If that Ashton boy tries anything funny ill-,” I cut don off from my laughter.
“ Chill Don,” I smiled. I hugged Don and Marcie, and turned on my heel and gave Zane a hug.
“ Love you guys!” I smiled, and went to go for the door, and I heard one person clear their throats following another two. I turned around and saw Tony, Mark, and River standing there. I let out a laugh, and ran up to them, and wrapped my arms around Marks neck, and hugged him tight, then I walked over to tony and river, and wrapped each one of my arms around their necks, and hugged them and they both wrapped their arms around me giving me a sandwich hug. I started to laugh, and moved between them.
“ You guys!” I laughed. They started to laugh, and they let go of me, and I laughed, and hit their arms playfully. They all smiled at me, and I turned on my heel and ran out the door. I sat down on the stairs, and looked around waiting for Ashton. I saw a pair of shoes in front of me, and I traveled my eyes up and saw Dylan standing there.
“ What are you doing?” He spat. I looked at him and shook my head.
“ Ah leave it be Dylan why don’t you?” I sighed looking back down at my hands.
“ They are not your family!” he spat. I stood up and was in his face.
“ They might not be blood related to me but they are my family either way,” I said looking at him. We were glaring at one another.
“ You’re not moving back,” He growled.
“ not right know, and that is not for you to say. You don’t have any say in the matter,” I said taking another step closer to him. Fury filled his eyes, and I took a step back.
“ I don’t… have any say in the matter?” He growled the veins in his neck popping out. I saw a car pull up and it was Ashton.
“ You have no say in the matter,” I said looking at him, and then I walked past him and took my hand and raised it and hit him right across the face. He stood their flabbergasted. I got to Ashton’s car, and I turned around.
“ You- You slapped me!” He screamed.
“ No I high fived your face,” I smirked and then I jumped in the car, and looked over at Ashton and he was staring at me with a cocked eyebrow. “ just drive,” I sighed. He nodded his head, and we took off leaving behind a pissed off Dylan. We drove in silence, and then Ashton pulled to a stop on the side of the road. “ What are you doing?” I asked looking around.
“ I don’t know where you want me to drive,” he laughed. I let out a sigh, and looked around.
“ Can I drive?” I asked looking out the window. I heard the door open, and I looked over at Ashton and he walked around the car, and opened my door.
“ You said you wanted to drive.”
“ Oh ugh yeah,” I mumbled getting out of the car, and walking around. I hopped into the driver’s side, and clutched the steering wheel and looked out into the road. I closed my eyes, and dropped my head, and my knuckles started to turn white from holding the steering wheel so hard. I felt Ashton’s arm on my hand and I looked up, and saw him looking at me worriedly. I did a faint smile, and it failed, and looked away from him. I started the car, and started to drive down the road getting on the highway. We drove for about twenty minutes when I heard Ashton clear his throat but I kept my eyes on the road.
“ Where are we going?” Ashton asked.
“ you’ll see,” I said in a whisper. We drove for about another thirty minutes, and pulled in next to a lake, and sat their looking at it, and I shut my eyes, and my grip on the steel wheel continued to tighten, and I felt my hands shake, and my knuckles went numb.
“ Where are we?” Ashton asked looking around. I sat their trying to get my breathing in control and I took a deep breath, and looked over at Ashton. And I looked away and jumped out of the car and slowly walked towards the lake, and stopped when I hit the grass, and stood there and slowly got on the ground and sat their staring off into the lake. I heard the car door open, and footsteps approaching me, and Ashton sat down next to me. I continued to stare off into the sky.
“ this is where my parents… where murdered,” I whispered. I felt Ashton’s gaze on me intently.
“ M. Murdered?” he gasped.
“ Yep,” I said. I felt my body shaking, and felt tears filled my eyes, and I looked around. “ I never came here…. I couldn’t…. this is the first time….” I gasped with tears falling down my face. Ashton continued to look at me. I let out a laugh, and brought my knees up to my chest. “ I guess I didn’t want to come here because it just didn’t seem real,” I sobbed. Ashton put his arm around me, and held me close to him. “ Someone h- hit their car and it flipped and went off the road… it landed here next to the river, and…. And…. They said that my parents blood to death, because someone left them here. They didn’t call the hospital they didn’t do anything…. They just left them here to die!” I cried. I turned to him. “ Ashton how can someone be so evil?” I cried. He just looked at me with intentness within his eyes.
“ How long ago did this happen?” he whispered.
“ About…. I was thirteen and im turning seventeen soon…. So about four and half years ago I would say,” I looked at him confused, and he turned his gaze away from me and looked out at the sky. I sat there watching him. “ Ashton?” I whispered. He looked back at me and smiled, and then kissed my forehead.
“ Im so sorry,” he whispered. I wrapped my arm around him.
“ I love you Ashton,” I mumbled into his chest.
“ Im in love with you,” He said back. I looked up at him, and softly kissed his lips.
“Ashton…” I whispered.
“ Hm?”
“ Why did they die?” I muffled.
“ I-,” He stopped and looked into the sky, and loosened his grip on me a little. It looked like he was about to tell me something but he stopped and closed his eyes and shook his head. “ I don’t know Galaxy,” He said in a whisper, and his voice sounded like it was about to crack. I looked at him confused…. Ashton what where you really going to say? What are you not telling me…
Chapter sixteen-
The wind started to pick up, and I turned my back from the wind. Damn I should have had Ashton come and pick me up instead my stubborn ass I told him I could walk. Its Friday, and I was supposed to have Rickey drive me, but he left me at home. God… im going to kill him when I get the chance… I swear to god! I pulled out my phone. I had two minutes until the bell rang. I sprinted into a run towards the school.
“ So,” I took a breath. “ So going to kill him!” I yelled while jogging through the parking lot. I ran into the building, and went down the hall, and ran into my English class. Everyone looked up at me, and I stood their panting, and I sucked in my breath and did a faint smile, and waved my hand.
“ Galaxy I hope you have a good excuse for being late for my class,” Mr. Rook asked looking at me. I looked around and saw Rickey sitting in his chair looking at me suppressing a laugh. I glared at him, and pointed a finger at him.
“ Well he drives me in the morning, and he didn’t wake me up, and he left me stranded at home, so I had to sprint to class,” I gasped trying to catch my breath. I looked over and saw Ashton looking at me and it looked like he was about to laugh too. I narrowed my eyes at him, and he straightened up in his seat and looked away. I shook my head, and looked back at Mr. Rook. He looked at me and nodded his head.
“ Sit down,” he sighed. I did a faint smile, and walked over to me seat, and sat down and looked over at Rickey and sent daggers in the back of his head. Class began, and I zoned out and felt tired. My legs hurt, and I felt out of breath from my run. I looked over and saw Kale grinning at me, and I quickly looked down at my desk. He let out a chuckle, and I closed my eyes, and shook my head. I hate him. The bell rang, and Ashton turned around in his desk and looked at me.
“ Im sorry Gal,” he smiled. I rolled my eyes. “ Awe come on I thought you had a ride,” He said sighing.
“ yeah I thought I had a ride too,” I shot daggers at Rickey. “ I’ll talk to you later Ash,” I said walking past him following Rickey out the classroom. I grabbed onto his shoulder, and pulled him back.
“ Whoa,” He laughed turning towards me.
“ Damn you Rickey,” I snarled.
“ Awe come on you didn’t have fun on your morning jog?” he chuckled. I hit his arm.
“ That wasn’t funny! That was just plain mean!” I cried. I looked over Rickey’s shoulder and saw ben.
“ BEN!” I screamed. He looked up at me, and then went to turn around. “ BEN I SEE YOU!” He stopped, and turned back around and started to walk towards us with his head down. He got next to me and I glared at him. “ Both of you left me at home today!” I sighed rubbing my temples.
“ I-Im sowie,” Ben said pouting his lip. I glared at him, and he stepped back putting his hands in the air. I shook my head and turned away from them.
“ Im gonna get you two back!” I called over my shoulder. The rest of the day went by pretty fast. I sat in my last class which was art. I held my pencil in my hand, and kind of just spaced out, and then the bell rang. I looked up and put my things away and walked out of the class. I felt someone wrap their arms around me, and I looked behind me and saw Ashton.
“ Hey Hun,” he smiled kissing me cheek. I smiled and turned around and wrapped my arms around him.
“ Hello stranger,” I said smiling.
“ You want to come over to my place tonight for… dinner?” He asked.
“ Meet the…. Parents?” I gulped. He laughed and nodded his head. I looked at him for some time, and sighed. “ I- I Dunno,” I said looking down.
“ Gal they will love you,” He laughed touching my cheek.
“ I- I guess I could come,” I whispered. He smiled down at me, and intertwined his fingers with mine, and we made our way outside. We walked out into the parking lot, and a gush of wind hit us. I shivered and Ashton let out a laugh, and I looked up at him, and rolled my eyes. We jogged to his car, and he opened the door for me, and he ran around the car and got in and we made our way to his house.
“ DO you parents know im going to come for dinner?” I asked looking out the window.
“ I told them I was bringing my girlfriend home for dinner…. Eventually,” he said. I looked over at him.
“ Ashton!” I groaned tilting my head back.
“ Don’t worry! They love the company,” He chuckled.
“ Your lucky I love you,” I sighed shaking my head.
“ Very,” He smiled. We looked at one another and I laughed, and looked up and saw we were pulling into the driveway. I bit the inside of my cheek, and let out a sigh. The car turned off, and Ashton turned towards me. “ it’s going to be fine silly,” He smiled leaning over the seat, and kissing my cheek. I looked over at him, and smiled, and lightly brushed my lips against him, and jumped out of the car. Ashton laughed and also got out of the car after me. We walked up to his house, and he opened the door, and I stood their peering in.
“ You’ll get a better look inside,” he grinned. I rolled my eyes.
“ Pfft what ever,” I sighed. I continued to peer inside and then Ashton grabbed my wrist, and pulled me in. I put my hand over my mouth to hold back my yelp. I glared at him, and he shrugged his shoulders and let out a laugh. Ashton walked away, and walked into another room when I heard two other voices. I slowly followed him, and saw an older man that looked like Ashton sitting at a table, and an older women with strawberry blonde hair, fair skin, and very petite. But probably the same height as i. our eyes met and a grin spread across her face. I smiled back.
“ Hello!” She smiled.
“ h- Hi,” I waved my hand. The guy looked up at me, and smiled, and stood up from his seat and held out his hand for me. I shook his hand, and then he brought my hand closer to him, and kissed it.
“ It’s a pleasure to meet you, I am Guy, Ashton’s father,” he smiled. I smiled back at him.
“ It’s nice to meet you Mr.” He stopped me.
“ Darling call me Guy,” He laughed letting go of my hand. I nodded my head, and then he gestured for me to sit, and I took a seat next to Ashton and across from his mother. She smiled at me.
“ hello, I’m Lin, Ashton’s mother,” she smiled.
“ Hello… Lin it’s nice to meet you,” I smiled.
“ So what’s your name?” Guy asked.
“ My name is Gal,” I smiled looking down.
“ Gal? What an intriguing name!” Lin smiled. I nodded my head.
“ Her full name is Galaxy though,” Ashton spoke up. I looked over at him, and Guy and Lin where both looking at me.
“ That’s a unique name,” Guy laughed.
“ I can say the same thing about you,” I laughed. He let out a laugh and nodded his head.
“ Oh I am just in love with your name….” Lin said gazing at me. I blushed and smiled. “ Oh Ashton I love this one!” She clapped her hands together. I let out a chuckle and looked at Ashton and his face was a little red. “ Oh Galaxy… oh you don’t mind me calling you galaxy right? Well never mind but Ashton has never brought a girlfriend home to have dinner with us before. We only… sometimes hear about them, but he is always mentioning you!” She smiled.
“ Ma,” Ashton groaned. I let out a laugh, and Ashton’s face was beat red.
“ Ashton, son usually I would agree with you and tell your mom to stop embarrassing you, but son…” He shook his head looking at me. “ Don’t let this one go,” he smiled looking at me. I felt my face flush, and I looked away. Ashton sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.
“ you two… are unbelievable…” Ashton groaned. I stared to laugh and so did Guy and Lin. The dinner was nice, and I really enjoyed myself.
“ Galaxy this was nice, I hope you can join us more often if your parents don’t mind,” Lin smiled. I looked at her, and tried to smile but I looked down.
“ ma,” Ashton whispered. I touched his arm and shook my head.
“ Lin, my parents died,” I smiled. Guy and Lin both looked at me, and then Lin ran around the table pulling me into a hug. Ashton groaned and buried his face into his hands.
“ im so sorry!” she cried. I let out a laugh.
“ Its fine,” I giggled shaking my head. She released me, and we both looked at Ashton.
“ Mother your killing me!” He cried.
“ Ashton shush!” She scolded. I let out a laugh. “ Galaxy hunny did you bring a bathing suit?” She asked. I shook my head. “ Would you like to go swimming?” She asked. “ It would only be you and Ashton though me and Guy wouldn’t go,” she added in laughing. I let out a laugh, and looked at Ashton who was nodding his head.
“ Sure,” I smiled.
“ Come with me then! I have one of my nieces old bathing suits in my closet you can wear,” she smiled taking my hand, and leading me up the stairs. We walked into her room, and she rummaged through her closet, and then handed me a black bikini. I held it in my hands.
“ Um…” I groaned looking at the bikini and then at Lin. She started to laugh.
“ Galaxy, you have an amazing body, don’t worry wear it!” She laughed. I smiled and nodded my head. She lead me to a bathroom down the hall. “ Well me and Guy are going for a walk, I’ll see you later!” She smiled turning around and walking down the stairs. I smiled, and stepped into the bathroom. I changed into the bikini and looked at myself…. God I have never worn such little clothing in my whole life! I walked out of the bathroom, and down the stairs folding my arms across my chest. I looked around and couldn’t find Ashton. I walked out into his backyard and peered around.
“ Ashton… Where are,” I was pushed into the pool, cold water engulfing me. my head went under water, and I resurfaced and saw Ashton standing their laughing. I glared at him, and started to splash him with water.
“ That’s cold!” he cried.
“ You! You just pushed me in! MAN UP!” I laughed continually splashing him. He looked at me.
“ Man up huh…” He grinned. He dived into the pool, and he started to swim towards me, and I turned to try and swim away but he grabbed my hips pulling me into him. I broke out into laughter’s, and then he dunked my head under water, and I wrapped my legs around him, and brought him down with me. we started to laugh, and then I hauled myself onto a raft, and Ashton rested his chin on it looking at me.
“ Why did your parents name you Galaxy?” he asked. I looked at him taken back by his sudden question.
“ You want to know?” I asked turning my body towards him. He bobbled his head up and down and I let out a laugh. “ Well… My parents met in high school. They were high school sweet hearts,” I smiled remembering all the stories they use to tell me. “ Well on homecoming my mother and father where crowned for king and queen and when they were in the middle of their dance, there was a galaxy above them. You know someone made all the planets. The theme was based off galaxy. So they were dancing, and my dad pulled something out of his pocket, and got down on one knee, and asked my mom to marry him. My mom looked up at the ceiling trying to take it all in, and then all the sudden she looked down at him and screamed out GALAXY!” I laughed. Ashton broke into a smile. “ The galaxy that was above them fell, and landed on top of my mom, and dad, and they said when they had me they both remembered their proposal, and wanted to name me Galaxy,” I laughed. I closed my eyes remembering them. “ You know I use to cry about their deaths a lot…. I kind of stopped when I met you. I just… I didn’t feel sad anymore, and when I couldn’t cry over their deaths I kind of felt guilty, but I realized that you made me so happy, that I couldn’t become depressed anymore,” I smiled with my eyes closed. I felt myself being tipped off the raft, and Ashton held me in his arms looking at me, and he kissed my forehead.
“ I love you so much Galaxy,” he smiled.
“ I love….”
“ HEY ASHTON!” A guy screamed. Ashton’s body tensed, and I looked at him, and saw his face go hard, and the look in his eyes was pure regret, and filled with sadness. He looked down at me, and then let me go, and turned around to look at the guy.
“ Ron… What are you doing here….” Ashton said in an evil voice.
Chapter seventeen-
Ashton swam to the edge of the pool, and pulled himself out. they guy that’s name was Ron stood there looking at Ashton, and then his eyes met with mine, and he winced at me. I knelt down into the water, the water touching the tip of my nose. Ashton continued to stand their glaring at the guy, and then he walked past Ron, and went into the house. I swam to the edge of the pool, and pulled myself out. I stood there with my arms wrapped around me.
“ So who are you?” Ron asked.
“ I- I was thinking t- the same t- thing,” I shivered. Ron grinned at me, and then he was shoved forward, and Ashton grabbed my wrist, and dragged me into the house. He continued to walk fast and I stumbled forward. I stopped and pulled my arm away from him.
“ Ashton!” I yelled. He turned around and when I our eyes met I took a step back. Hostility. That’s what I saw in his eyes.
“ C’mon lets go,” he said going to grab my wrist again. I pulled my wrist away, and took a step back.
“ Ashton,” I stated. Our eyes locked, and he bent down putting his hands on his knees.
“ Can we just go…” He growled.
“ Ashton who is that!” I cried.
“ none of your business!” He said going to grab for my wrist again. I took a step back avoiding his touch.
“ Since I am your girlfriend it is my damn business!”
“ Girlfriend huh?” Someone asked behind me. I turned around and saw Ron standing there with a grin on his face. Our eyes locked and his grin grew even wider. “ So I guess my little brother never told you about me,” he laughed. Ashton had a brother!? He never even told me he had a sibling. He took a step closer to me and held out his hand. “ Im Ron, Ashton’s older brother nice to meet you,” he smiled. I went to go shake his hand, but I felt Ashton’s arms lock around my waist, and he pulled me back so fast with so much force that I tripped over my own feet, and fell on my ass. Ashton stepped in front of me standing between Ron and I.
“ Ron…. What the fuck are you doing here!” he growled. I sat their gazing at Ashton in total disbelief. I have never seen him like this.
“ Cant I come see my baby brother?” Ron asked. Ashton went to go raise his fist, and I jumped up and grabbed onto his arm.
“ Ashton what the hell is wrong with you?” I said. He pulled his arm away from me and glared at me.
“ Lets. Go.” He said. I shook my head.
“ Ashton, what the hell?”
“ Get the fuck out of my house!” he screamed. I flinched and took a step back. It turned on my heel, and ran up the stairs and grabbed my clothes, and started to walk back down the stairs slipping on my shirt. I got to the bottom of the stairs, and I put on my flip flops. “ Wait!” Ashton said.
“ Fuck you Ashton!” I screamed slamming the door behind me. I started to walk down the drive way, and I heard the door opening, and someone grabbed my arm turning me around. “ What do you want!” I screamed.
“ Gal, just… im sorry,” Ashton said shaking his head.
“ Ashton what the fuck!” I cried pointing towards the house. “ What was that? Why the heel would you treat your brother like that?”
“ You wouldn’t understand,” he said shaking his head. I threw my hands up in the air.
“ Fucking enlighten me!” I said pinching the bridge of my nose. Ashton shook his head. “ Why Ashton?” I cried.
“ because… You wouldn’t…. you wouldn’t understand!” He said raising his voice.
“ I can’t understand, because you’re not telling me anything!” I said also raising my voice. We stood their looking at one another. I shook my head, and turned away, and Ashton went to go grab for me again, but I drew my arm away. “ Don’t touch me,” I cried.
“ Please….” He cried.
“ Ashton!” I screamed at him.
“ I don’t get along with my brother, and I don’t want him near you,” he said wrapping his arms around me. I tried to struggle out of his grasp, but he wouldn’t let me go. “ Please, I love you,” he whispered against my temple. I sighed, and wrapped my arms around him.
“ Im gonna go,” I whispered.
“ Are you mad?” He asked. I pulled away from his grasp.
“ Im fucking pissed, but I forgive you. I am still pissed though. I can forgive, but I can’t forget the things you said, and the way you acted. Im gonna head home, and just relax,” I said turning away from him.
“ let me drive you home,” he said walking towards his car. I sat down in the passenger seat, and when we were driving off I saw Ron looking at me through the window, and his hand was clutching onto the curtain. I watched him until we turned off the street.
“ What did he ever do to you?” I asked after some time of silence.
“ He ruined my future,” He said and he didn’t say anything after that. I sat their looking at him, and when we pulled up front at Rickey’s I sat there, and got out of the car, and held the door open.
“ Relationship is based off of trust Ashton,” I whispered, and then closed the door, and walked towards the house. I got to the door, and when I turned around I saw Ashton sitting in the car gripping onto the steering wheel. I shook my head and opened the door, and closed it and fell to the ground with my knees up to my chest, and tears fell down my face. I stood up and grabbed a lamp, and threw it across the room, and it across the room, and it shattered on the wall and fell to the floor. I leaned up against the wall, and had tears rolled down my face. I heard someone knocking on the door, and I got up, and opened it and saw Ashton standing there.
“ gal,” He whispered. I went to close the door, but he pulled it open, and stepped inside. “ Gal,” he said again.
“ Ashton, what…. You don’t need to lie to me,” I said shaking my head.
“ I wasn’t… I swear to god Galaxy, Im not hiding anything!” He said wrapping his arms around me. I pulled him off of me, and opened the door.
“ just leave for now Ash,” I whispered. He walked out of the apartment, and stopped at the door looking down at me, and he shook his head and walked off to his car.
Im not a freaking idiot Ashton… I know your hiding something from me. I thought as he drove away. I closed the door, and walked into the front room, and flopped down onto the couch, and closed my eyes. I leaned back, and when I was about to take a nap my phone went off. I crawled off the couch, and picked my phone up off the floor, and flipped it open.
“ hello?” I said groggily.
“ Heyyy baby, what’s up?!” I heard Des’s cheerful voice. I sighed and leaned on the wall tilting my head back.
“ hey Dessy,” I said closing my eyes.
“ Hey listen… So my parents are out of town, and i want to go out, but I have to babysit my baby brother, and I don’t have a babysitter….” She trailed off.
“ You want me to babysit huh?” I laughed.
“ Um…. Could you?” She asked doubtfully.
“ of course. It’s not like I having anything better to do,” I sighed.
“ Oh thank you! Thank you!” She screamed into the phone. “ Okay so you think you can be here in like…. An hour and a half?” she asked.
“ of course. I’ll see you seen,” I replied.
“ Okay thanks much love byesss!” She sung. I laughed and hung up the phone. I walked over to my bag, and pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a black hoodie, and slipped on my converse. I sat back down on the couch, and laid back taking a deep breath. I heard the door opening and I looked over my shoulder and saw Ben and Rickey walking in.
“ Hey!” ben sung opening the fridge.
“ Hola,” I smiled.
“ What’s wrong?” Rickey asked plopping down next to me.
“ It’s nothing. You think that…. You can drive me to Des’s?”
“ Sure your hanging with her tonight?” ben asked sitting down on a chair.
“ Nope, im babysitting.”
“ What about Ashton?” Ben asked taking a sip of his drink.
“ What about him?” I muttered. Ben looked at me arching an eyebrow.
“ You got into a fight?” He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.
“ You could say that,” I sighed.
“ Why?” Rickey asked nudging my arm. I nudged his arm back.
“ Reasons of the unknown,” I laughed. Rickey rolled his eyes at me, and I got up and stretched out. “ Can one of you drop me off at Des’s house?” I asked walking into the kitchen.
“ I will!” ben sung jumping off the couch and running out the door. Rickey and I turned to one another, and I let out a laugh shaking my head.
“ Talk about being exited?” I laughed turning away and heading towards the door.
“ if you need a ride home just call me. be careful!” Rickey yelled.
“ Alright!” I smiled shutting the door. I walked outside, and it was kind of nice out. the air seemed to be more warm, and a nice breeze. I jumped into the car, and ben started the car and we were off. I looked at Ben and he seemed so damn happy. After about ten minutes I groaned. Ben turned towards me arching an eyebrow.
“ Something the matter?” he laughed.
“ Why are you so damn happy?” I said looking at him. A huge grin broke out onto his face.
“ I met someone,” he smiled.
“ SPILL!” I said nearly jumping out of my seat. He let out a laugh.
“ Last night when I went out, and there was this guy that I met at the restaurant, and we so hit it off… he was like perfect!” Ben smiled.
“ Are you guys going to go out again?” I asked. He nodded his head, and then shoved his hand in front of me. I sat back a little and looked at his palm.
“ he wrote his number on your palm?” I laughed. Ben nodded his head, and put his hand back on the wheel. I started to laugh, and ben gave me a confused look. “ It’s just like how it is in the movies! How the ‘girl’ gives the guy her number on his palm but this is like the gay version!” I laughed my eyes watering. Ben let out a laugh and shook his head.
“ Enough of me and my love life,” he laughed. I wiped my eyes, and brought my knees up and sat Indian style.
“ What do you mean?”
“ What’s going on with you and your nice piece of ass?” ben said looking over at me. I pointed towards the road.
“ One…. Keep eyes on road,” I stopped. “ And two… his name is Ashton!”

“ Blah. Blah. Blah!” He laughed. I rolled my eyes.
“ Where just having some trust issues,” I sighed.
“ why is that?”
“ I was at his house… and his brother came there. He was being so mean to his brother, and acted like a total jerk, and was being mean, and he won’t tell me the truth as to why,” I sighed.
“ Everything will work itself out,” Ben said pulling up to Des’s house. I sat there, and turned towards him.
“ Will it?” I asked. He nodded his head and smiled.
“ it will.” I sighed and opened the door.
“ Thanks for the ride,” I smiled.
“ Of course. Have fun!” He laughed. I closed the door, and waved him off. I started up to Des’s house, and knocked on the door. The door swung open, and their stood a little boy with blonde hair that was everywhere, and he had deep brown eyes, and about the age of seven.
“ Hello,” I smiled. His eyes widened and he slammed the door in my face. I stumbled back, and grabbed my nose. The door opened and Des stood their smiling.
“ Hey their!” She smiled. She grabbed my wrist, and pulled me inside. I stumbled in and stood their looking at the boy who just tried breaking my nose. “ Rigs,” Des laughed. Rigs stood their looking at me and smiled sheepishly. “ Galaxy this is my little brother Rigs.” Des smiled. Des knelt down next to Rigs. “ hey Rigs, this is Galaxy my friend. You can call her Gal. She is going to babysit you tonight. Would you like that?” Des asked cocking her head. Rigs looked at me, and then back at Des. He nodded his head. Des jumped up and clapped her hands together. “ GREAT!” She smiled. I let out a laugh, and des ran up her stairs, and Rigs turned towards me, and sent me a full out smile.
“ What are we gonna do when sissie gone?” he asked. I squatted down to his height.
“ Well… What do you want to do?” I asked.
“ Can we play basketball outside?” He jumped up and down.
“ Sure,” I smiled ruffling up his hair. He swatted my hand away from him, and I let out a laugh standing up. Des came running down the stairs, and she kissed Rigs on the forehead, and then gave me a quick side hug.
“ I’ll drop you off at home when I get back,” Des smiled. I nodded my head and she bolted out the door. I turned towards Rigs, and he gave me a sheepish smile.
“ Can we play basketball at Tony’s?” Rigs asked.
“ Who’s tony?” I said kneeling down.
“ he is my friend. He lives a couple doors down, and I always go their! PWEASE?!?” he cried throwing himself at me. I stumbled back and Rigs landed on top of me. he wrapped his arms around my waist and squeezed me hard.
“ OKAY!” I laughed trying to pry his arms off me. He jumped up off me, and ran to his shoes, and then bolted out the front door. I sat there and then realized a seven year old just ran outside by himself! I jumped up and ran out the door. “ Wait. Rigs!” I screamed. He stopped and turned towards me. I ran up to him on the sidewalk. “ You can’t just run out of the house like that!” I gasped. He rolled his eyes at me and continued to walk. I followed him, and we walk three houses down and he rang the doorbell, and a guy opened it and he looked a little older than I. He smiled at Rigs.
“ Hey Rigs, Tony is in the backyard playing basketball. Go join him,” The guy said. Rigs smiled, and he grabbed my hand and pulled me forward.
“ Zack this is Gal. She is babysitting me,” Rigs smiled. Zack looked at me and a grin broke out onto his face. He opened the door a little, and rigs pulled me inside. I stumbled over a shoe, and went face first into the ground, but I didn’t hit it. Zack had his arms wrapped around my waist, and he pulled me towards his body.
“ ah, thanks,” I said trying to hide my beat red face. Zack let out a laugh, and I followed Rigs outside, and saw another little boy playing basketball, and rigs ran towards him. Zack came outside, and sat down on a wooden chair. I sat down next to him, and watched the boys play.
“ So your babysitting?” Zack asked looking at tony and rigs.
“ Yeah…” I muttered.
“ I’ve never seen you around before,” he said know turning towards me.
“ Well…. You know Giles right? Well im her friend, and I don’t live around here, and ugh yuh she needed a babysitter so here I am. This is the first time I have met rigs,” I blabbered on. I looked over at Zack and he was looking at me so intently. I touched my cheek wondering if I had something on my face. He let out a laugh.
“ You just look like someone I use to know,” he said getting closer to me.
“ ugh yeah,” I said jumping up. “ Can I play basketball with you guys?” I asked walking over to Rigs and Tony. Tony looked up at me and smiled. Rigs threw me the ball, and I threw it in the net.
“ For a girl your good!” Tony said trying to shoot a hoop. I smiled, and turned and looked at Zack, and he was still looking at me. I was starting to become irritated, and I walked over to Zack and stood in front of him.
“ Why do you keep staring at me?” I asked.
“ like I said you look like someone,” he said looking at me.
“ Who?” I said throwing my hands up in the air.
“ You might be related to the person,” He said. I raised an eyebrow, and looked at him confused. I shook my head, and sighed. “ I met a women, and a man about four and a half years ago and you look a lot like the women,” He said. Four and a half years ago… that was around the time that my parents died.
“ Where?” I asked sitting down.
“ Not too far from here. On the highway.” My breath caught.
“ How did you meet them?”
“ Why does it matter?”
“ because they were my parents,” I whispered. Zack’s face went hard, and he stood up and went back into the house. I sat there, and then got up off the chair, and followed him inside. I walked inside and saw a picture of three guys. It was Zack on the right, someone I don’t know in the middle…. And on the left was Ron, Ashton’s older brother…. It looked like they were on a road trip, and on the corner was the date. It was about four and a half years ago. Around the time my parents were killed. I picked up the photo and analyzed it.
When I brought Ashton to the spot where my parents were found, and I told him he seemed like he was hiding something… then his brother came and he was so cruel to him… then Zack said he had seen my parents before around the time they died. This picture was the date of when they had died…. I looked at the photo and realized they were at the lake where my parents died. There was beer cans all over the floor, and it looked like it was getting dark outside. The photo dropped out of my hands and fell to the floor shattering, and Zack came in and he stopped and our eyes locked.
“ What are you doing?” he asked walking up to me. his eyes they were full of hate.
“ I- Ugh…” My voice was caught in my throat. “ Im gonna get Rigs, and we are gonna go,” I said flying past him and running to the backyard. “ R- Rigs! Let’s go,” I said. He nodded his head, and we walked back into the house, and we were about to walk out when the door opened and I saw Ron standing there. He looked at me and smiled. I tried to smile, but I couldn’t.
“ Hey, your ugh…. Ashton’s girlfriend right?” he asked. I nodded my head. He smiled and then looked past me, and his face went hard. I turned around and saw Zack standing there.
“ Ron we gotta talk,” Zack said cold. Ron smiled.
“ Hey Gal can’t you stay a little longer?” Ron asked. Rigs started to jump up and down and I looked down at him.
“ please Gal?” He cried. I nodded my head and rigs ran back outside to play with tony. Ron and Zack walked down the hall, and I sat down on the couch, and took a deep breath. Could Zack, Ron, and his friend in the picture been the one that killed my parents…. I felt my throat go dry, and my hands started to shake. I heard someone running down the hall, and Ron grabbed me by my arms and hauled me up looking at me intently. His face was pure red. He then just let me down, and stormed out of the house. I stood there and then got up, and grabbed rigs and we went back to his house. We got inside, and Rigs walked into the front room, and turned on the TV and started to watch courage the cowardly dog. I sat down in the kitchen and pulled out my phone, and scrolled down to Ashton’s number and composed a new text.
Ashton…. We need to talk.
Chapter Eighteen-
I stood at the door, and I brought my hand up and knocked on the door. I stood there, and then the door opened and I saw Ron standing their looking at me.
“ Is Ashton here?” I asked. He looked down at me, and nodded his head, and he opened the door a little more, and I walked in and walked up the stairs, and opened his bedroom door. He was still asleep. I wasn’t surprised. It’s still very early in the morning. I closed the door behind me, and walked over to his bed, and knelt down next to him. “ Ashton wake up!” I hissed. He turned over and I heard him moan. I found a pillow on the ground that was next to me, and I raised it above my head, and hit him with it as hard as I could.
“ What the hell!” He flew back and fell off the bed. He got up and sat on the bed looking at me, and he rubbed the side of his head. “ What was that for Gal?” he mumbled.
“ Ashton we need to talk… Why didn’t you respond to my text message that I sent you last night?” I asked.
“ I was ugh…” he cleared his throat. “ Preoccupied.”
“ Hm… Preoccupied… okay sure,” I said rolling my eyes. Ashton sat at the edge of his bed, and he rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands.
“ What do you want to talk about?” He asked. I stood there in front of him, and I walked over to his desk, and sat down on his computer chair, and put my elbows on my knees, and looked down.
“ Ashton you said you loved me right?” I asked.
“ Lilz,” he said sternly. I looked up at him and our eyes met. “ I have never loved anyone more than I have loved you,” he smiled.
“ Ashton… Do you believe that a relationship is based off of trust?”
“ of course. Without trust in a relationship then there isn’t one at all,” He said. I let out a laugh shaking my head.
“ We tell each other the truth right? You and I don’t lie to one another about anything… Right?” I asked. I looked up at him, and our eyes met, and he nodded his head slowly. I clenched my fist and closed my eyes. “ So you are not hiding anything from me…” he was quiet and didn’t respond. “ Ashton,” I said looking up at him with tears in my eyes.
“ Gal I… d- don’t know what y- yo- you’re talking about,” he mumbled looking away from me. I let out a dry laugh, and tears fell down my cheeks.
“ Damnit Ashton why are you lying to me!” I cried sitting up from the chair. “ I know Ashton! I know your brother, and his friends where involved in my parents death…” I yelled at him. I heard him gasp, and he looked up at me, and he was just gawking at me, and then he closed his eyes, and took a deep breath.
“ how did you find out?”
“ not from my boyfriend,” I spat sitting back down in the chair and shaking my head.
“ gal… you don’t understand…”
“ Your brother, and his friends left my parents on the side of the road to die… they could of called the police… then they would of still been alive, but they are dead because of your brother, and his friends! They are murderers!” I yelled out at him.
“ No they are not galaxy,” he said raising his voice. I stood up from my seat, and he stood up also.
“ Then what are they?” I asked through clenched teeth. He was quiet for a couple of minutes.
“ Why does it matter anymore?” he sighed.
“ It matters for me, and my parents. It matters that my parents killers are caught. My parents are dead, and their murders are out enjoying life, and they learned nothing from what they did. They paid no consequence! It’s not right!” I yelled at him.
“ So you want to ruin my brother’s life?!” He screamed.
“ He already ruined mine!” I screamed through my sobs.
“ galaxy,” he whispered. he touched my shoulder, and I ripped my arm away from him.
“ No Ashton! Damnit! Your brother, and his friends took my parents away from me! they left me all alone Ashton…” I was crying. “ And know your brother and his friends are living their life like nothing happened. They are happy and enjoying life. They have no remorse…” I whispered. Ashton sat back down on the bed, and put his head into his hands.
“ So what do you want to do Galaxy?” he whispered.
“ Do you think it’s right that your brother can just live life like nothing happened?” I asked. He shook his head. “ Then why did you never call the police Ash?”
“ because that’s my brother….”
“ And those where my parents….” I whispered back looking at him. He looked up at me, and nodded his head.
“ Im sorry I let this go on for so long…” he whispered. I got up, and wrapped my arms around him.
“ it’s okay… we are only human, and everyone makes mistakes, but you must learn from them, and take responsibly,” I whispered. He nodded his head.
“ You should get going… im gonna talk with my brother, and I’ll call you later,” he said getting up. I got up and nodded my head, and walked out of his room. I started to walk down the stairs but someone grabbed my arm, and spun me around. I turned around and saw Ron glaring at me.
“ Ron…” I whispered.
“ Gal,” he said coldly.
“ I got to ugh get going,” I said pulling my arm away from him. He tightened his grip on me, and pulled me forward towards him.
“ Don’t do anything stupid,” he whispered into my ear, and then he let me go and shoved me forward. I tripped over my feet, and stumbled down the stairs, and hurt my arm. I turned around and watched him walk back up the stairs, and I got up and ran out the door, and pulled out my phone. After five rings someone picked up.
“ hello?” he asked.
“ Hey Zane, its Galaxy,” I said.
“ oh hey Zane what’s up?”
“ Im coming over right know. is that okay?” I asked.
“ Of course. I’ll see you in a bit,” he said, and he sounded happy.
“ Alright bye,” I said hanging up the phone. I walked to his house, and when I got their I knocked on the door, and saw Dylan standing there.
“ What are you doing here?” He asked.
“ Dylan I am well aware that you hate my guts…” Sighed and then shrugged my shoulders. “ But do I know why? Nope I have no clue, but I really need to talk to Zane right know, because I just need to vent,” I said looking up at him. He looked down at me, and nodded his head, and opened the door a little more and I stepped inside. “ Thanks,” I muttered.
“ Hm,” he grumbled walking into the kitchen. I walked into the front room, and sat down next to Zane.
“ Hey Zane, how come Dylan hates me guts?” I asked.
“ if you really want to know ask him,” he laughed.
“ So you know?” I asked eyeing him. He nodded his head, and I glared at him.
“ Tell me Zane,” I growled. He shook his head, and I glared at him. “ You suck,” I muttered. He laughed, and stood up. “ Where are you going?” I asked.
“ I gotta go pick up the cousins. I’ll be back in a half an hour,” he said and then he was gone.
“ You suck!” I screamed after him.
“ I limit what I suck!” he said before closing the door. I sat there and shook my head. I sat there, and then looked over towards the stairs, and sighed. I got up, and walked towards the stairs and slowly walked up the stairs. I stood in front of Dylan’s door, and brought my hand up, but then stopped. My hand was about to touch the door, but I pulled my hand back, and turned on my heel to leave, but then the his door opened.
“ Need something?” I heard Dylan ask. I turned back around, and shook my head, and went to walk down the stairs, but he cleared his throat. “ You obviously didn’t come up here for nothing,” he grumbled. I sighed, and turned around to look at him.
“ Its ugh…” I stopped and took a deep breath. “Whydoyouhatemesomuch?” I mumbled. He stood their looking at me, and he leaned onto the door frame.
“ Ugh what?” he asked. I sighed.
“ Why do you hate me so much?” I asked looking away from him.
Dylan looked at me for some time and then he walked into his room, and left me out in the hall peering into his bedroom. Do I walk in? or do I stay in the hall… I turned on my heel to walk down the stairs, but then I heard Dylan.
“ Galaxy come in here,” he called out towards me. I turned back around and slowly walked into his room. We was sitting on his computer chair, and I walked in and stood their leaning against the wall.
“ So why do you hate me so much Dylan?” I asked.
“ I don’t hate you,” he chuckled. I stood their gawking at him.
“ You,” I pointed at him, and then pointed at myself. “ don’t hate me? That’s the funniest thing I have ever hear,” I laughed.
“ How come you don’t believe me?”
“ because you treat me like complete shit!” I said throwing my hands up in the air. He sat there, and I stood their staring at him. “ I just don’t know what I ever did to make you… act like this towards me,” I mumbled.
“ Where to start,” he took a deep sigh. I stood their gawking at him.
“ Where to start?!” I cried. “ you’re kidding right,” I sighed shaking my head.
“ Well… When you first came here I saw the way that Zane would look at you… he seemed completely in love.”
I cut him off. “ In love? Really Dylan! He is my best friend!” I laughed.
“ yeah I know but you should see the way he looks at you. Even know. he has always been in love with you… but he may not be any more. He still loves you though. You’re like his sister you know that right? You’re his sister, and his best friend, and I guess you could say… that I’ve always been jealous,” He said the last part very quietly.
“ jealous?” I gasped. “ Why would you be jealous?” I stood there looking at him, and he just cleared his throat, and our eyes met but then he looked down again. “ Dylan,” I whispered. he looked up at me, and he stood up and took a couple steps closer to me and stood in front of me.
“ Galaxy, I..”
“ WE ARE HOME!” I heard Zane scream from down stairs. Dylan and I were staring at one another, and Dylan took a step back, and turned around and rubbed the back of his neck. I nodded my head, and then turned around and walked out of his room, and ran down the stairs.
“ Hey Gal! “Mark, river, and tony all said at the same time. I looked at them and did a faint smile, and walked into the kitchen, and sat on the counter, and put my head in my hands, and took a deep sigh.
“ What’s up Gal?” Zane asked sitting down next to me.
“ nothing much just the same old same old,” I laughed looking up at him.
“ Hm… Well your obviously lying to me, but I just want to tell you something,” He smiled.
“ Hm?” I asked.
“ I got a girlfriend, and she is amazing,” he smiled. I looked at him, and I have never seen him so happy for him before. I gave him a side hug and smiled.
“ im so happy for you!” I smiled hugging him.
“ So what’s wrong with you?” He asked looking at me.
“ Zane… I found out some things today… and...” I stopped and took a deep breath. “ You know I thought I loved Ashton, but… I don’t know anymore…” I sighed rubbing my temples.
“ what happened between you and him?”
“ He kept some things from me that where pretty intense…” I grumbled.
“ What was it?”
“ Well Ashton’s brother and his friends… they,” I was cut off when my phone started to ring. I stopped and went into my pocket, and dug out my phone. “ Hello?” I asked.
“ Hello Galaxy,” I heard Ron say.
“ Wha?”
“ Shut up and listen!” he growled. I cleared my throat, and Zane looked at me strangely, and I gave him a faint smile. “ Do you remember the old warehouse that is on the outskirts of town?” He asked.
“ yes,” I muttered.
“ You need to come their know,” he said.
“ W- Why?”
“ Because you know what happened with me and my friends a couple years ago with your parents… And I really don’t want to go to jail, so if you’re smart you need to come to the warehouse, and be there in about… I’ll give you a half an hour. Sounds good?” he asked.
“ And what if I don’t come?” I mumbled turning my body away from Zane.
“ Then Ashton will be killed,” He said coldly. My body froze, and I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.
“ Y- You wo- Wouldn’t…” I gasped.
“ I would. I don’t care if it is my brother. I’ll kill him before my life goes down the drain,” he growled. I took a deep breath in and sighed.
“ Okay I’ll be there in half an hour,” I mumbled.
“ good see you soon Gal.” then the line went dead. I sat there with the phone to my ear, and then I pulled it away and shut the phone.
“ What was that about?” Zane asked looking at me intently.
“ it’s ugh nothing… hey can I use your car…” I mumbled.
“ Why?”
“ I got to go meet my friends, and I need a car,” I said getting off the counter.
“ Gal I don’t believe you,” Zane said jumping off the counter and walking next to me.
“ Just give me the damn keys Zane!” I yelled at him. He looked a little taken back at first, but then he nodded his head and reached into his pocket, and handed me the keys. I nodded my head, and turned around and ran out the door, and got to his car. I put the keys in the door, and swung it open but then I heard my name being called and I turned around and saw Dylan standing their looking at me.
“ Where are you going?” he asked.
“ I need to go meet some friends I’ll be back later,” I said getting into the car. He continued to look at me and our eyes met and I took a deep breath, and looked away from him, and started up the car, and drove out of his drive way making my way to the old warehouse.
Chapter nineteen-
I turned the street, and the old warehouse come into my view, and i pulled up in front of it, and sat in the car looking at the warehouse. i cut the engine, and stepped out of the car, and sat their looking at the warehouse, and i took a deep breath, and opened the car door, and stepped out. I felt my phone vibrating, and i reached in my pocket, and pulled it out, and saw that Dylan was calling me... i pressed reject, and turned off my phone, and threw it into the front seat, and closed the door shut door, and turned towards the building, and started to walk towards the building. i heard a loud boom that echoed through the area, and i stopped in my tracks, and had my hand on the door handle, and i slowly opened it, and kicked it open the rest of the way, and peered inside. it was dark, and i took a step closer, and i stepped into the building, and looked around.
" Ashton?" I asked my voice above a whisper. i took a couple more steps, and continued to walk inside, and i heard voices coming from one of the back rooms, and i stopped in my tracks, and looked around. i took another step forward, and then the little light that was peering through the door disappeared. the room turned pitch black, and i froze in my spot, and looked around. i took a deep breath, and moved forward, and i tripped over something, and i brought my hands out in front of me, and fell forward. i landed on the ground with a thud, and i got on my hands and knees, and started to crawl around on the ground looking for another room i could go in to try and get light from a window. My hands searched in front of me, and my right hand landed on something smooth, and round, and kind of hard. i pulled my hand away, and leaned back on my knees, and looked through the darkness. i held my breath, and a glimmer of light came through and i saw an outline of a body, and i sucked in a breath, and got on my feet, and started to walk back.
" Come here Gal," I heard a familiar voice laugh. it was a dry laugh, and i felt my breath catch, and i turned on my heel, and broke out into a full run in the darkness. i heard him coming after me, and i had my hands reached out searching for anything, and then i felt a hand grab the back of my head, gripping my hair, and i flung back into the ground letting out a cry. they gripped onto my hair, and i brought my hands up, and started to claw at his arm trying to get him to let me go. “ Stop moving,” he growled. I felt him his fist collide with the side of my face with so much impact my arms stopped moving, and a groan escaped my lips, and I touched my cheek, and flinched. I felt a weird taste in my mouth, and knew it was blood. He grabbed me by the back of the neck, and hauled me onto my feet. I swayed a little, and then he threw my over his shoulders. I felt my head pulsating and I couldn’t struggle in his grasp. He dragged me into one of the rooms, and threw me to the side, and I landed with a thump.
“ Oh my god,” I heard Ashton’s voice. I opened my eyes, and saw Ashton tied up to a chair, and I sat up and touched the back of my head, and looked at my hand and saw blood.
“ Ash. Ashton?” I muttered looking at him. my sight was kind of blurry, and my head was throbbing. He sat their looking at me, and I saw pure terror on his face. I went to go stand, but my knees gave out, and I sat their taking deep breaths. What the hell is his hands made out of bricks? A groan escaped my lips, and Ashton started yelling my name. “ Ashton sh,” I whispered. I got on my hands and knees and started to sit up once again. I got on my feet, and the room swayed a little. I balanced myself taking deep breaths. I slowly put one foot in front of another, and advanced myself towards Ashton. When I got next to him, and I gripped onto his chair from keeping myself from falling.
“ You need to get out of here!” He cried.
“ You need to be quiet,” I said looking at the ropes. I started to untangle them, and my hands were shaking, and I stopped, and took a deep breath, and continued. He started to move his hands, and then he released his hands, and stood up and turned around to me, and held me in his arms. I felt his body against mine, and I took a deep breath, and wrapped my arms around his. I thought about Dylan though. He came into my mind, and how extremely close he was to me. what was he going to say to me? Ashton pulled apart from me, and he lightly kissed my lips, and I felt nothing. The spark was gone… vanished. My whole body just was ruined. I wanted to have feelings for Ashton. I used to though, but where did they go. I was in love with this boy, and know I feel nothing. I felt tears coming to my eyes, and I held them back taking a deep breath. “ We need to get out of here,” my voice came out barely as a whisper.
“ Come on,” He muttered grabbing my hand, but when we turned around we both froze, and he pulled me closer to his side.
“ Leaving already?” Ron asked looking from Ashton to me. behind Ron stood Zack, and he was shooting daggers at me.
“ You leave her out of this Ron,” Ashton said coldly.
“ How can we leave her out of this, Ashton? All of this revolves around your little girlfriend,” Ron spat.
“ No it doesn’t Ron,” Ashton said. I felt his body tensing next to me. Zack started laughing, and I looked over at him.
“ Come on Ashton,” Zack laughed walking closer to us. Ashton grabbed my arm and pulled me back, so his body was in front of mine. “ I mean she is the daughter of the people we killed,” Zack said shrugging. I felt my body go rigid. I ran around Ashton, and felt my fist collide with Zack’s jaw.
“ How dare you!” I spat bringing my other fist up, but he caught it, and grabbed both my wrists, and pulled me close to him.
“ Don’t touch her!” Ashton growled. Zack spun me around so my back was against his body, and I felt something cold touch the side of my forehead. I heard Ashton’s breath hitch, and I looked at him, and he stood their frozen looking at me. “ Zack. Don’t.” He said his voice breaking. I went to turn my head, and came into contact with a gun pointing right at my face. I jumped, and Zack started laughing. I closed my eyes, and then Ron started to walk towards Ashton. I watched them.
“ Do you want your big brother going to jail because of her?” He asked Ashton.
“ You can’t kill her Ron!” He said shaking his head.
“ She knows everything, and I can’t let anything slip. Everything has been so perfect. No one knew what had happened, and everything was great. My life was perfect, but then you brought her into the picture and everything is going downhill!” Ron spat.
“ Everything was great?” Ashton laughed. “ Joey killed himself from the guilt of killing that couple. He jumped off a bridge because you wouldn’t let him tell the police! You have ruined six lives Ron,” Ashton said taking a step closer.
“ Six?” He growled also taking a step closer.
“ Joey, Zack, me, Galaxy, and her parents.”
“ So you’re going to take her side, that’s it right?” Ron said raising his voice.
“ Im doing what’s right Ron!” he said and then Ron pulled a gun out of his pocket, and pointed to towards Ashton. I tried to run forward, but Zack kept me where I was. I felt my body tense and I closed my eyes my breathing becoming more rigid
“ Your crazy!” I screamed. Ron started laughing, and he turned towards me, and then Ashton lurched himself at him. the two fell to the ground fighting, and I brought my knee up hitting Zack right in his crotch.
“ Run Gal! Call the police!” Ashton screamed still on the ground with Ron. I turned on my heel, and ran towards the door, and I heard Zack coming from behind me. I picked up my pace, and I turned a sharp corner, and saw a ladder leading upstairs, and I started climbing it. I was about half way up, when I felt the ladder jerk. My head shot down, and I saw Zack pulled the hinges out. panic shot through my body, and I started to go faster up the ladder, and I was about to grab onto the railing, but the ladder disappeared from beneath me. a scream escaped my lips, and I plummeted towards the ground. I landed on my side, and pain shot through me, and I let out a scream. I laid their holding myself, and I heard someone walking towards me, and I opened my eyes, and saw Zack. He picked me up, and pain shot through me, and he started to carry me back to where the guys where fighting. We walked into the room, and Ashton was laying on the ground clutching his stomach, and when his eyes met mine he opened his mouth and screamed out bloody murder. Zack dropped me to the ground, and I fell like a ragdoll, a cry escaping my lips when pain shot through me.
“ Gal,” Ashton cried. I saw a gun in Zack’s coat, and I lifted myself up, and grabbed it out of his jacket, and he looked down at me shocked.
“ D- Don’t come near me,” I grumbled pointing the gun at him. he grinned, and started to bend down towards me. my finger pushed down on the trigger, and the gunshot filled the air, and Zack fell in front of me blood coming towards me. I sat their gawking and felt myself freeze. I just killed someone… I heard footsteps, and I turned my head, and saw Ron walking towards me his eyes full of rage. I brought the gun up and pulled the trigger…. Nothing. I was out of bullets. I threw the gun to the side, and then I heard a voice through the building and my body froze. NO. NO. GOD NO! Ron saw the look on my face, and he ran towards me, and hit me so hard. I kept my mouth shut so he wouldn’t find me. he hit me again, but I couldn’t hold out the cry. It came out loud, and I heard footsteps running towards where we were. Ron ran towards the door and hid on the other side of it. tears came down my cheeks, and I looked up and saw Dylan running through the door. He ran towards me, and a scream came from my lips and I was shaking my head. I looked around him, and saw Ron pointing the gun at Dylan. I couldn’t handle myself. I… this feeling of Dylan being hurt or killed… I couldn’t handle it. it felt like my heart was being torn in held. I started screaming and crying, and tears fell down my cheeks, and I looked frantically at Dylan, and then a gunshot went off, and a scream came from my lips, and Dylan stopped where he was, and he fell to the ground, and my body started shaking frantically. I put my shaking hands over my mouth while my cries became louder. I went to move, but the pain was horrid and I stopped. A loud thump echoed the air, and I looked up and saw Ron fall to the ground, and Ashton stood above him with a long stick of metal.
“ I couldn’t kill him with the gun,” Ashton said shaking his head. I started to cry more, and I crawled towards Dylan, and as horrible the pain was I needed to. I got next to him, and put my shaky hands on his arm, and he opened his eyes slightly. He breathing was slowing down, and he brought his bloody hand up, and cupped my cheek. I let out a sob, and placed my hand over his crying into it.
“ Galaxy,” He whispered. I shook my head crying.
“ D- Dylan,” I said but my sobs made it hardly audible. I held my free hand in his, and we looked at one another.
“ Gal,” He said a small smile forming onto his lips. “ I need to tell you something..”
“ No!” I cried. “ You tell me later after we get you help,” I said my voice sounding hoarse.
“ I need to tell you know.”
“ No! You’re not going to die Dylan… You can’t,” I sobbed.
“ Look at me,” his voice cracked. I looked down at him, and our eyes connected.
“ im sorry for ever being mean to you… I love you Gal,” He whispered. my breath caught, and I bent my head down, and put my forehead against his.
“ Don’t leave me Dylan,” I whispered. he didn’t say anything. I pulled back, and his eyes were closed, and his chest stopped moving. “ DYLAN!” I screamed. I grabbed his arm and started to shake it. “NO.. No damnit no!” I sobbed. I felt my heart being physically torn in half, and I fell down next to him putting my head on his chest, and cried into him. “ Stay alive,” I whispered over and over. i heard Ashton talking into the phone. He called the police, and then I felt his presence next to me.
“ You love him Galaxy,” Ashton whispered. my body froze, and I kept my face in his chest… I loved Dylan… I did, but I never realized it until he was taken away from me. I brought my face up to his, and looked at him.
“ Dylan you need to stay alive…” I whispered touching his cheek, and speaking so softly. “ You need to stay alive, because I can’t live without out you… I love you Dylan,” I whispered kissing his forehead. The sounds of sirens filled the air, and I laid next to Dylan. My body didn’t hurt as bad anymore. It was starting to feel better. My breathing slowed down. Im not scared of dying. Im scared of living without Dylan.
Chapter twenty-
I slowly opened my eyes, and they felt so heavy. I almost had them open, but then I closed them again. The second time I forced myself for my eyes to open, and I blinked at the brightness. The room was white, and the lights where shining on me, so brightly. It felt like I was going towards the light. “ Don’t go towards the light,” I muttered.
“ Oh my god!” Someone cried. I looked over, and saw Ashton sitting on a chair next to a bed, and he was looking at me intently.
“ Ashton?” I whispered, and then everything that had happened came into my mind, and I held my breath, and closed my eyes, and tears fell down my cheeks. I felt Ashton touch my hand, but I pulled it away, and kept my eyes closed. “ Is he… Alive?” I whispered. Ashton didn’t say anything, and my lips started trembling.
“ he is alive Gal… but…” He stopped.
“ but what?” I muttered.
“ He is in a coma…”
A sob escaped my lips, and I rolled over my back facing him, and brought my knees up to my chest tears rolling down my face. Pain went through my body, and I let out a cry, and Ashton turned me back around to lay on my back. I sucked in a deep breath.
“ Take it easy Gal. You have four broken ribs, and the rest are bruised,” he said holding my hand. Tears continued to run down my cheeks, and I wouldn’t open my eyes. “ You came out of your coma, and he will come out of his.” My eyes opened, and I turned my head towards him.
“ I was in a coma?” I asked.
“ Yeah, for like four days, look around Galaxy,” he sighed. I looked around and their where flowers, balloons, and card everywhere! I looked around shocked. My tears came down my face, and I shook my head, and hid my face in my hands.
“ Can I see him…” I whispered into my hand.
“ yeah, come on,” He said. I looked up and he was bringing a wheel chair around the bed, and I turned my body and bit my lip because it was painful. I held my breath and was about to sit up, but Ashton grabbed me bridal style and sat me down in the wheel chair.
“ Thanks,” I muttered. He stood behind me, and pushed the wheel chair, and I looked around and some people looked at me when I passed, but they all went back to what they were doing. Ashton stopped in front of one of the doors, and he walked around and opened it, and wheeled me inside. I saw Dylan laying on the bed, and he looked so peaceful. His chest was rising up and down. Ashton stopped in front the bed, and I heard him turn around and walk out of the room closing the door. I sat their looking at my hands, and then I looked at Dylan. My lips started trembling, and I started to sob. “Dylan…” I whispered. I let out a dry laugh, and looked up at the ceiling, and rubbed my face. “ Why didn’t you ever tell me how you felt about me? Why did you always act like such a jerk!” I cried shaking my head. “ Why did you come their Dylan… Why the hell did you do that you idiot,” I muttered tears falling down my cheeks.
“ Because he loved you,” Someone said. I turned my head around and saw Ashton walking into the room. He pulled up a chair and sat down next to me. “ And you love him…” Ashton said with this sorrowful look on his face.
“ I love you too Ashton, but not the same way I use too…” I whispered looking at Dylan. “ I love you, but im in love with Dylan, and I don’t even know why. I don’t know anything about him other than all the years he loathed me, so why do I feel so strongly about him?” I said shaking my head.
“ Love is mysterious…” He grumbled.
“ he sure had one hell of a way of showing that he loved me…” I groaned.
“ Sometimes it’s not easy for people to show their emotions…. When he wakes up he’ll explain things to you,” Ashton said. I sat their looking at him.
“ hey, Ashton?” I asked.
“ Hm?” He asked looking at Dylan.
“ Why do you seem… so okay with this?” I asked.
“ With what?” he asked looking over at me. I pointed to Dylan and then at myself. “ He loves you and you obviously love him. I loved you, and I still love you, but we just lost those feelings. I think it’s for the best that we stay friends,” He said trying to smile.
“ You’re always going to be my friend Ash,” I said putting my hand on his arm.
“ I know…” he said smiling at me. I looked back down at Dylan, and felt my heart beating faster, and butterflies in my stomach. I smiled.
“ I love Dylan,” I laughed..
“ What so funny about that?” Ashton asked.
“ I love the dude that has made me feel like crap for so many years… What is that?” I asked. He just shrugged my shoulders, and I grinned and looked back at Dylan. I heard Ashton getting up and he gave my shoulder a light squeeze. I gave him a warm smile, and he turned and left. I turned my body back to Dylan, and I sat their looking at him. “ Your still an idiot,” I whispered looking at his still body. I felt tears sting my eyes, and I heard someone walking into the room, and I turned around and saw Zane standing there.
“ hey Gal,” he whispered.
“ hey Zane,” My voice sounded hoarse. He stood their looking at me, and then he lunged himself at me wrapping his arms around me, and holding me close to him.
“ I thought I lost you Galaxy…” He cried. “ I thought I lost my best friend!” he said crying into my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around him, and buried my face into his chest, and started laughing. He pulled away from me looking irritated.
“ Remember what I told you the first time we started hanging out six and a half years ago?” I asked.
“ You talk a lot, so I don’t exactly know,” he sighed. I lightly hit his arm laughing.
“ Once your friends with me, you’re stuck with me for life. Im not going anywhere Zane,” I smiled.
“ Good… You know…” he stopped himself, and sat down on the chair, and I sat in the wheel chair, and we both looked at Dylan. “ I always knew there was something up with Dylan… when we first became friends… I had the biggest crush on you,” he laughed, and i felt my eyes become big. “ I fell in love with you… you where my first love, but when we got older I didn’t feel that way anymore. You are my best friend, and I love you as a best friend, and I don’t think Dylan ever realized that. He knew I loved you when we were younger, but he didn’t realize I fell out of love with you… Dylan has always been jealous. We grew apart when you and me became best friends. I thought he would try to win you over, but he did the exact opposite… he treated you like complete and utter crap…” He said shaking his head. “ Do I know why, nope…. But I know that he loves you, and you love him…” I sat their looking at Dylan and I let out a deep sigh.
“ and just as a realize it he was taken from me…” I whispered.
“ he is right their Gal,” he said looking at me and then Dylan.
“ Is he?”
“ he’s not going to die, I promise,” he said touching my hand. I felt tears coming down my cheeks.
“ Don’t promise me something like that Zane,” I muttered looking away from him and down at our hands.
“ He is my brother… I have to at least promise this to myself…” he said leaning back into his chair. we sat there for a while in silence. Not awkward silence though. We were taking everything in, and I wasn’t doing to good I just had to keep myself strong in front of Zane. This is own blood… I gotta be strong… my hands were shaking, and I tucked them underneath me, and felt the tears start to come down again.
“ Z. Zane…” I said my voice cracking, and my sobs coming out harder. “ What if he dies…” I wailed. I bent over putting my face into my hands crying, and Zane kept silent, and I heard his soft whimpers start, and I looked at him, and he was looking at Dylan with tears falling down his cheeks. “Zane… he is going to die because of me…” I whimpered. Zane’s body jerked, and he cupped my face in his hands making me look at him.
“ Don’t. You. Think. That,” He said sternly.
“ It is… though…”
“ Damnit! No its not… don’t think like that Galaxy!” He said shaking me lightly. I nodded my head, and he let go of my face, and bent over and started to cry harder. “ The only think I can do is promise myself that he will live… that gives me some hope…” He whispered. I sat their looking at Zane, and I felt my heart breaking all over again. I looked back over at Dylan and lent down placing my hand on his cheek, and I moved my lips to his ear.
“ Dylan… Zane, Marcie, Don, Mark, river, tony…. They all need you…. I need you, so please don’t leave me… you can’t… not yet…” I whispered into his ear. I pulled back, and looked at his sleeping face. “Zane,” I whispered.
“ What?” he asked sitting up.
“ You think you can let me take your car?” I asked.
“ You can’t just leave by yourself gal, you just got out of a coma!” he said raising his voice.
“ Please…. Zane…” I said looking at Dylan. I heard him sigh, and he started to wheel my chair back to my room. “ What are you doing?” I asked.
“ We gotta get you clothes out of your room,” he said sounding irritated. We got to my room, and he handed me a pair of black pants, a gray tank top, and a purple hoodie.
“ Thank you,” I whispered. he looked at me for some time, and then kissed my forehead.
“ Don’t make me regret this Galaxy,” he said sounding threatening. I nodded my head, and he reached in his pocket, and handed me his keys. I grabbed them and he turned around and walked out of the room. I got dressed, and it took me some time because I was still in pain. I was don’t getting dressed, and I made my way out of my room trying to walk as straight as possible, and concentrating on making no one notice me. I was in pain, but they can’t know. I took the elevator, and I got downstairs, and saw the doors leading outside. I made my way towards it, and the doors opened, and fresh air filled my lungs, and I took a deep breath, and it hurt my ribs and I stopped, and lent against a wall. Okay find Zane’s car… I started walking around the parking lot, and then I spotted his car, and I made my way towards it and jumped in. I sat their taking deep breaths, and I felt out of breath. I started the car, and drove away from the hospital. I drove for a good hour, and I came to a stop on the side of the road, and looked out the window where my parents had died. I turned off the car, and stepped out, and walked closer towards the pond, and sat down in the dry grass looking out towards the sky.
“ hey mom… dad…” I stopped looking around, and I sat with my legs in front of me, and took a deep breath closing my eyes. “ You guys can be in peace know… im okay with letting you go know, because I know what had happened… I never wanted to accept your deaths, because I didn’t want it to be real, and I never knew what really happened, but know that I know… I know you both are dead, and I am alive, and I need Dylan… He can’t join you both where you are. I need him here with me, so help him come back to me. bring him back to me… Mom… Dad… Im in love,” I whispered the last part a smile playing across my face.
Chapter twenty one-
The cold water splashed onto my face, and I sucked in a deep breath looking around the apartment. I decided to move back in with Marcie and Dan. I miss Zane and the cousins, and I just miss it all. It’s been two weeks and Dylan is still in a coma. It kind of feels like life is at a standstill. I wake up go to school come home, go visit Dylan for one to two hours, come back home and do homework, and then go to sleep. I hardly even eat anymore… But I try. I just can’t keep it down. it feels like my body is shutting down. I can’t live without Dylan, and I didn’t realize it until I lost him. he’s still holding on though. I won’t let him let go. Not yet… not ever.
“ Gal,” Rickey whispered. I was sitting on the couch looking at my bags, and I tilted my head up looking at him. I felt my throat go dry. I gave him a weak smile, and he came and sat down next to me, and put his hand on my knee giving it a light squeeze. “ It’s going to be okay, Gal.” He muttered.
“ Thank you so much Rickey,” I whimpered. “ I-If I didn’t have you I don’t know what I would of done… you have done so much… both you and Ben,” I muttered wrapping my arms around him. he wrapped his arms around me hugging me to him.
“ you’re like my family silly,” He laughed. I started to cry and nodded my head, and I heard someone clear their throats and I looked up, and saw Ben with a hand on his hip.
“ Where is my love?” he said sounding hurt. I started laughing, and I shook my head standing up, and I took one step, and then Ben wrapped his arms around me, and I wrapped my arms around his waist. “ I’m going to miss my little girlfriend!” He sobbed.
“ Suck it up you baby, your still going to see her,” Rickey sighed.
“ Oh Rickey! Can’t you be more sympathetic!” Ben sobbed. I let out a laugh shaking my head, and I messed with Ben’s hair. “ not the hair,” He whined. I rolled my eyes laughing.
“ Really guys, thank you… Well guy and… girl…” I chuckled. Ben rolled his eyes, and Rickey choked on his coffee. I smiled, and turned to look at all my bags.
“ What you think it’s going to be like?” Rickey asked.
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“ Coming back, after everything that happened,” he said sitting on the counter. I let out a sigh shrugging my shoulders.
“ I don’t know anymore. Im just going to live life, and try not to guess at it anymore,” I muttered. I heard a car door slam, and Rickey jumped off the counter.
“ If all four of them come in here they’ll wreck my place!” Rickey screamed running for the front door. I shook my head letting out a laugh, and made my way towards the front, and I was surrounded by Zane, Mark, River, and Tony.
“ Hey guys,” I smiled.
“ Were getting our girl back!” River said happily wrapping his arms around me. I laughed while nodding my head.
“ My stuff is in the front room,” I said pointing towards the room. The cousins nodded their heads making their way into the other room. I looked up and saw Zane and gave him a weak smile.
“ You look tired,” he said wrapping an arm around my shoulder.
“ I am tired,” I muttered.
“ You look weak,” He said into my ear.
“ I am weak,” I whispered.
“ I don’t like it,” he said shaking his head. I rolled my eyes. “ Im serious Gal, you look like an AIDS patient. It looks like your body is shutting down,” He said worried.
“ it feels like my body is shutting down,” I said quietly. He looked down at me, and I looked over at Rickey who was also looking at me with worry in his eyes. “ Stop looking at me like that, you two,” I muttered walking into the kitchen, and grabbing a bottle of water.
“ How many hours have you slept this week?” Zane asked. I shrugged my shoulders drinking the water. “ Galaxy!” Zane hissed.
“ I slept two hours last night, okay?” I muttered. Ever since what had happened I’ve had nightmares and wake up crying or screaming. It just feels so real, and in each dream I try to do something different to save Dylan, but he always ends up dead, and I end up hysterical. I don’t like dreaming anymore. They are all just cold nightmares.
“ how many hours have you slept this week,” Zane said.
“ I’ve slept two to three hours each day…. So I’ve slept about fourteen to twenty hours this week,” I shrugged.
“ That’s not good, I sleep fourteen hours in one day,” Zane said still looking at me. I let out a deep breath closing my eyes. I was leaning against the counter and I felt my legs shaking. My body couldn’t even hold up my weight anymore.
“ I know…” I whispered. “ I know….”
Mark, River, and Tony came into the kitchen out of breath, and Mark hit Zane in the back of the head.
“ thanks for the help cousin,” He growled.
“ No problem,” Zane said happily. I let out a laugh, and Mark took my water gulping it down.
“ Hey,” I whined. He rolled his eyes and handed me back an empty water bottle. “ Well I don’t want it know,” I muttered throwing it at him. it fell on the floor, and he looked at me and then at Rickey.
“ Im not picking that up,” he shrugged. I saw Rickey glare at us and I shrugged my shoulders.
“ Well we should get going,” Zane said. the guys nodded their heads, and everyone said their goodbyes, and made their way into the car. I stopped at the front door, and turned around to Rickey, and gave him a tight hug.
“ You think he’ll wake up?” I whispered.
“ I know he will,” Rickey whispered kissing my forehead. I pulled away nodding my head.
“ Thanks Rickey,” I whispered turning away and making my ways towards the car.
“ Cya around Gal!” Rickey called out.
“ Cya around Rickey, Text me Ben!” I said a little louder. I heard Ben yell something from inside that house but I couldn’t make it out. I got in the front seat, and slumped in the seat tilting my head back closing my eyes and I let out a deep breath.
“ Tired?” Mark asked. I nodded my head, and turned my head to the side looking out the window.
“ drop me off at the hospital,” I muttered.
“ I don’t think you should today,” Zane said.
“ Zane, please just take me,” I whispered. I heard him sigh, but drove to the hospital anyways realizing neither of us felt like muttering with one another today. The drive was quiet, but then I felt someone tap on my shoulder. I turned around to look at Mark.
“ So what do you do when you’re there for hours?” He muttered. I let out a deep breath turning back around in my seat.
“ Things,” I mumbled. The conversation didn’t go on from that. We pulled up to the entrance, and I grabbed my phone, and opened the door.
“ When should I pick you up?” Zane asked.
“ I’ll call you,” I said closing the door, and I made my way towards the doors. I turned around and Zane had drove off. I stopped right out the doors, and let out a deep breath. Every time I enter this place I hope that next time I walk out ill have Dylan by my side, but every time I walk out I leave alone. I took a deep breath going through the doors. I walked down the hall, and the nurse looked up from her desk, and she gave me a warm smile.
“ Hello Galaxy, how are you feeling today?” She asked.
“ Im okay, how are you?” I asked back trying to smile.
“ I’ve been good,” She smiled. I nodded my head, and made my way towards Dylan room. I slowly opened the door, and stepped in, and felt my heart break like it does every time.
“ Hey Dylan,” I muttered. The same response every time. Nothing. I walked in shutting the door behind me, and I sat down on the chair next to the bed, and took his hand in mine, and looked at his still body. “ So, I’m moving back in today… Rickey and Ben are really going to miss me, but the guys are happy….” I stopped, and felt tears in my eyes. “ I…” I stopped again, and tears started to flow down my cheeks. “ I don’t want to walk out of this hospital again alone… I don’t think I can do it,” I cried tears falling down my cheeks. I put my head down on the bed sobs escaping my lips. I sat there for about three hours just talking, and I would just sit there and hold his hand. I looked at the clock and it read eight. The nurse will be coming in here telling me visiting hours are over. they are usually over at seven, but she always lets me stay an extra hour. I heard the door opening.
“ Hey Hun, its eight,” She said.
“ I know,” I whispered. she nodded her head and walked out closing the door behind her. I sat up, and still had my hand in his. I bent down pressing my lips against his forward, and let go of his hand. It fell onto the bed still and stayed there. I let out a breath, and wiped my tears away. “ I love you,” I whispered and I turned around and made my way out the room, and each step I took felt like I had bricks on my feet. I stopped at the exit doors, and took a deep breath, and when I walked out I felt the airs sucked out of my lungs, and tears fell down my cheeks. I bit my lip, and I felt rain hit the top of my head, and I tilted my head up looking at the sky, and water fell onto my face. I walked by the bus stop and sat in the little glass thing they have. I put my hands on my knees trying to stop shaking. The bus rolled up, and I slowly sat up walking towards the bus. The doors opened, and I walked up the steps, and walked towards the back of the bus sitting down, and looked out the back window at the hospital. The bus roared to life, and went down the street. The hospital slowly disappeared in the view and tears fell down my cheeks.
“ how many more times do I have to walk out alone?” I whispered.

Imprint

Publication Date: 06-19-2011

All Rights Reserved

Next Page
Page 1 /