Denial

Is it better to pretend than to accept? (unfinished) By:
Denial
This is the story of a past that haunts and a girl who means to do everything that she can to keep it buried.

But between her new suffocating foster parents, an ominous deadline and the countdown to her eighteenth birthday, can she keep it all together?

Posts and Comments
Important Post
tj.gonzales

I was hoping you have had to finish this book? When you do, can you please let me know?

1 Comment
S. K. Wilson

I will let you know. I've been super slack with it lately. I hope to go back to it soon. Thanks for the interest!

Important Post
reggie600

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Denial. It has a haunting quality that draws me so that I can't help but hang on every word and am compelled to turn the page. Great characterization which made me care for them and the dialogue is exceptional, dripping with the angst and despiration you wanted to impart. Loved it and will undoubtedly want to read more of your work.

1 Comment
S. K. Wilson

Thank you so SO much. This means a lot to me!

Important Post
felixthecat

I read portions of this some time ago. I'm struck with some things. You've plotted extremely well, so well, in fact that there is in me an anticipation to remain IN the story...in Anna's shoes...and find out what's next.

In Anna you have created a remarkably real character; one that draws you in because of her life-situation and aloneness. In Mr. Abbott you have the perfect antagonist, at least in the "current" section of the... Show more

3 Comments
S. K. Wilson

Thank you so much. Yes I know, it doesn't help that I keep on changing my mind on what tense I want to be in. Again, thank you so much for the kind words. I have done more on the book, but I am not confident in them at this point, so I haven't uploaded them. Sort of hit a bit of... Show more

felixthecat

Be confident. Let us read and comment:)

S. K. Wilson

Oh I just saw this! This is 'Confidence!' message is a recurring theme for me, but yes I shall....as soon as i go through it a couple times :)

Important Post
tj.gonzales

I don't think you need a lot of work with this book, loved it the way it is....

2 Comments
S. K. Wilson

Thank you so much! I just finished doing a major edit (literally just uploaded a revised version - but only a few chapters).

tj.gonzales

You are so welcome. I enjoyed reading it.....

Important Post
tj.gonzales

Wow, what a book. Loved it and gave me new perspective of foster children and foster parents. I hope that all foster homes are not the same and that there really are some good ones. In Denial it seems that they are all the same, dreary.....

Important Post
JustinSix

I began it and intend to continue reading when I get more time.

2 Comments
S. K. Wilson

thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to take a look. It still needs a lot of work, but I'll get their eventually - I'm sure.

JustinSix

No problem and I am sure you will.

Important Post
felixthecat

I read further...to the end of 3. Not sure if you'd written this far when I read 5 months ago, but, again, I am thoroughly enjoying the unfolding of Anna's story.

Show Additional Posts
To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US