Basham

At four p.m. on Saturday, September 7, 1940, the first of three hundred and forty six Luftwaffe HE 1700 bobmbers appeared in the sky over Londob, England. That night a one thousand pound bomb intended to strike the docks of East, London missed the target and instead struck Haven Manor, a mental hospital.

  Several patients and staff were killed and the missing were thought to have been vaporized in the explosion. In the red, orange and yellow glow given off by the burning flames one figure walked out of the piles of destruction, crossed the road and entered the woods. A month later the Metropolitan Police were forced to investigate the murders of elderly women. Later, with no success the police call upon a renown criminologist, Alystair Basham. 


Posts and Comments
Important Post
Deleted User

A very enjoyable story of the birth of modern police methods (forensics and profiling). It's a pity that the story is jumbled so badly in the middle of it. If one reads the novel until one sees the police diagram (page 113) then goes to the end and flips back to page 228 where the drawing appears again one can then read the end of the tale.

I would suggest the story be reentered into the word processor program here on a... Show more

1 Comment
This comment was deleted.
To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US