The Okinawans

RyuKyu Memoirs By:
User: usmcgunny
The Okinawans
The Ryukyuans as they were also called were not just mere people on a foreign shore. Their culture, customs and way of life, led me to always call them, “The Okinawans. Now in past remembrances and thoughts, I lay out my journey in that time.

This eBook is available at the following stores (among others):

and in many other eBook-stores

$1.99
Posts and Comments
Important Post
usmcgunny

Appreciate your comments. There is still more to come, just need to make time for it.

Important Post
indie23

Very nice descriptions of all the scenery. I love the description you gave in the 'Lotus Flower.' You never know when and where you're going to find love. It was all very easy to the eyes, and you have incorporated some beautiful photos in the story.

Well Done! :)

Important Post
Fernando Lachica

Very observant and awesome to know that you care about them.

The book color's amazing and pics too!

Japanese indeed!

Fernando

Important Post
usmcgunny

I appreciate your comments. Yes I know that these words are running together. I've tried to correct them in the BookRix format, but no luck, will try again.

Important Post
fortoggie

Really enjoyed these first few chapters. Have always been curious about Okinawa and it's people.

On another note I noticed that several words ran together with no spacing in between. Just thought you would want to know.

Important Post
usmcgunny

What a compliment. Thank you so much. It is a humbling experience, for me to receive such wonderful comments from those who write so well, as yourself and Judy!

Thanks Again

Roger

Important Post
Deleted User

This hit me like a bolt from the blue! Beautiful memories, beautifully written with great emotion. Thank you for these chapters. I'm really looking forward to reading more. You don't really need to sleep, do you? Just write!

Important Post
usmcgunny

Thank you so much. I've always wanted to write a book for my late mother in law. She was a wonderful women, whom I loved as my own mother. It is her spirit that always takes me back to the fond memories of my life on Okinawa.

Of course, my Okinawan wife and her family are also an important part of that life.

Show Additional Posts
To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove usmcgunny_1361149825.1700749397 978-3-7368-1991-7 Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US