The Memoirs Of An Invisible Man

By:
The Memoirs Of An Invisible Man
A young, famous artist has reached the end of his creative rope. His series of paintings depicting black in all its angst-ridden possibilities finally collapses when a C-movie mogul offers him a real job. At a Jasper Cohen bash one night, Rex meets Andrea, who challenges him to investigate light in all its magnificent manifestations. Little does Rex know the ultimate ramifications of her statement.

Posts and Comments
Important Post
RSantore

A great story, riveting. I couldn't stop reading this once I opened it up, and the ending was perfectly implemented.

3 Comments
This comment was deleted.
This comment was deleted.
Important Post
P. K. Gallagher

I really liked this story, and I think I might adore your writing style. It's not quite what I'm used to and occasionally reads awkwardly in my head, but the smart, witty narration is irresistible, and I love your characters. They don't seem contrived at all, but rather distinct individuals that are true to the aspects of human nature that inspired them. They drive the story at a perfect pace , and I never found myself... Show more

Important Post
foreverfemme

As I read "Memoirs of an Invisible Man" it felt like meeting an old friend. The characters were fully realized and the wordy gal that I am happily nestled underneath the warm blanket of language and vocabulary that is sorely missing these days. Slightly Kafkaesque, ("The Metamorphosis" springs to mind) it stands on its own bringing color to a monochromatic introduction and hues of gray to a colorful conclusion.

Patrick, you've... Show more

Important Post
robbedbygreed

Wow. I don't know what you're worried about, because this is a very nice piece. Well written, vulgar, intense, disturbing, but well done.

The cover is great and the story well laid out. The beginning puzzled me and then end made me sigh. What a sad story. Beautifully done, I must add. Beautifully done.

Bravo. You've earned it :)

---RbG

Important Post
felixthecat

Laughing, Michael.
That's called "Writer's Myopia" as he glosses over text :)

Important Post
augustus

Pat,
This is quite the creative piece you've written. I like it.
It's not like anything you've shown us before. You and your character Rex are both "fine artists," though I felt sorry for Rex's predicament.
I like the name of Los Tres Gatos, though later you referred to the place as Los Gatos Tres. Was that by design? Just curious.
I'm saving this story as one of my favorites.
Augustus.

Important Post
Paper Planes

There's a part of me that wants to hate you for possessing such talent, but I just can't bring myself to. What can I say? You've done it again, Pat. You have an extremely compelling way with words, so much so that every aspect of the story, from Rex's "desperate angst" paintings to Andrea's sublime beauty are all imprinted in my mind like a stamp. A fantastic piece, Pat, and I'm only glad I don't have to compete against that!

Important Post
gooduklady

A superior piece of writing, Pat. There is not much I can add to what has already been said. However, I would ask that you do not end the story here. There is so much more that you can do with this to make it a full length novel. Well done indeed.

Important Post
angamonkey

I honestly could not stop turning the pages to this story. I was mesmerized by Rex's story and his point of view is just so amazingly captivating. My only complaint is that the story wasn't longer. I would have loved to continue the story, even though the protagonists demise would have been painful to read. This is probably one of your best stories yet.

Important Post
Deleted User

But so, so good. I seldom become immersed in a piece of fiction to the point that I, well, become immersed in it. I became immersed in this story. I also didn't like Rex, and I still don't. Imagine going through all of that to impress a lady! This is superb in all respects Patrick.

Show Additional Posts
To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US