Anna Karenina (fiscle part-XIV)

By:
User: Vision
Anna Karenina (fiscle part-XIV)
Tolstoy" and "Tolstoi" redirect here. For other uses, see Tolstoy (disambiguation).
Page semi-protected
This name uses Eastern Slavic naming customs; the patronymic is Nikolayevich and the family name is Tolstoy.
Leo Tolstoy
L.N.Tolstoy Prokudin-Gorsky.jpg
Tolstoy photographed at his Yasnaya Polyana estate in May 1908 by Sergey Prokudin-Gorsky.
Born Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy
September 9, 1828
Yasnaya Polyana, Russian Empire
Died November 20, 1910 (aged 82)
Astapovo, Russian Empire
Occupation Novelist, short story writer, playwright, essayist
Language Russian, French
Nationality Russian
Period 1852–1910
Notable works War and Peace
Anna Karenina
A Confession
The Kingdom of God Is Within You
Resurrection
Spouse Sophia Tolstaya
Children 14
Signature
Leo Tolstoy's voice
MENU0:00
recorded 1908
Count Lev Nikolayevich Tolstoy (Russian: Лев Никола́евич Толсто́й, pronounced [lʲef nʲɪkɐˈlaɪvʲɪt͡ɕ tɐlˈstoj] ( listen); 9 September [O.S. 28 August] 1828 – 20 November [O.S. 7 November] 1910), also known as Leo Tolstoy, was a Russian writer, philosopher and political thinker who primarily wrote novels and short stories. Tolstoy was a master of realistic fiction and is widely considered one of the greatest novelists of all time. He is best known for two long novels, War and Peace (1869) and Anna Karenina (1877). Tolstoy first achieved literary acclaim in his 20s with his semi-autobiographical trilogy of novels, Childhood, Boyhood, and Youth (1852–1856) and Sevastopol Sketches (1855), based on his experiences in the Crimean War. His fiction output also includes two additional novels, dozens of short stories, and several famous novellas, including The Death of Ivan Ilyich, Family Happiness, and Hadji Murad. Later in life, he also wrote plays and essays.

Posts and Comments
To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US