life of a horse
i hope you like this book

A little magic can take you a long way. After James Henry Trotter's parents are tragically eaten by a rhinoceros, he goes to live with his two horrible aunts, Spiker and Sponge. Life there is no fun, until James accidentally drops some magic crystals by the old peach tree and strange things start to happen. The peach at the top of the tree begins to grow, and before long it's as big as a house. Inside, James meets a bunch of oversized friends—Grasshopper, Centipede, Ladybug, and more. With a snip of the stem, the peach starts rolling away, and the great adventure begins!

Twenty-four eerie, macabre, and sometimes hilarious short stories offer a varied sampler of the art of the surprise ending

The night was dark. Mom's driving was slow, winding. The fog was making driving hard. I shifted in my seat and turned the car's heater up.

"What do you think we'll name him?" I asked. I turned to look at mom. She smiled, a unsure smile. "Something wild. I have a feeling this abused horse of yours is not an easy one."

I looked out the window. "I always liked the name Storm," I mused. Mom gripped the steering wheel hard. "Stormy Night," she whispered.

I thought the name over in my mind. I looked at mom's face and knew she could gentle the stallion. She could gentle any horse. I closed my eyes, drifted into sleep.

The next thing I felt was an exploding pain. I heard someone scream, and realized it was me. "Hold still, honey," I heard someone say. I heard the wail of a an ambulance. Lights were on. I saw the truck flipped over, the headlights blaring on. I groaned. The pain hurt so bad, I looked at my hand and saw blood.

Suddenly I heard the whine of a horse and heard someone shouting curse words. I tried to sit up and I saw the horse we had rescued. It was rearing and those dangerous hooves. I tried to say something, but then someone was lifting me up and putting me on a stretcher.

"My, my mom?" I asked. Someone answered. "She's going to be just fine honey. I need your name."

"Aimee Jacobs." "Well Aimee, lie still now. You're going to be just fine." I nodded, closed my eyes.

I never did get to say goodbye. Mom' s last gift to me was that horse, which I knew I would name Stormy Night. I was in the hospital during the funeral. I cried so long.


As Marcy walked in to her barn she heard the whinny of her beloved horse Comet and then another one that did not sound like their three other horses with its high pitched shrill. But who could that be thought Marcy they had four horses in all, she knew this was not one of them.

She walked down to the last stall where she heard it come from and their it was a majestic gelding and a note that said “I know you will take good care of him his name is Wind Dancer.”

The horse was as dark as night with white socks and beautiful blue eyes that looked like magical crystals this was an odd horse Marcy thought she had never seen blue eyes on a black horse before. It was about fifteen hands and

Keywords: 
diskribes horses
Posts and Comments
To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US