AHMEDABAD - a unique city

an ancient heritage with a vibrant present By:
User: joshidpk
AHMEDABAD -  a unique city
Ahmadabad is the largest city in the state of Gujarat. It is located in western India on the banks of the River Sabarmati. Ahmadabad is the sixth largest city in India with a population of almost 5 million.The city is also sometimes called Karnavati, an older name and as Amdavad in colloquial Gujarati .The city was founded in the 15th century by Sultan Ahmed Shah on the Sabarmati river , and served as capital of the Sultanate of Gujarat.Ahmadabad is mainly divided in two parts, the old city, and new city.

Today Ahmedabad is a unique city, even for India, for it blends harmoniously an ancient heritage with a vibrant present. A model city in terms of its ideals and aspirations, what is remarkable about Ahmedabad is its harmony between art and industry, between a reverence to the past and a vision for the future.
While Ahmedabad today is home to some of the best skyscrapers, multiplexes and flyovers, in the past it was more about mills and being the 'Manchester of the East'.Here's a look at the incredible 'makeover'

Posts and Comments
To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US