The Ultimate Gift

By:
The Ultimate Gift
A time-honored tradition is about to come to pass. But the future holds a special gift for "nature's chosen".

This is a story for the animal lover inside most all of us. It's a tale to warm our hearts in this season of giving. Perhaps we can all find the Ultimate Gift.

Keywords: 
animals, nature, creation, God
Posts and Comments
Important Post
S. K. Wilson

I enjoyed this! Your writing is so effortless to read and creates such great imagery of the environment, so much so that I feel like I'm right there too!

5 Comments
glenmarcus

I appreciate your thoughts Ms. Wilson. I envisioned this story on one cold, wintery afternoon and the words just seemed to flow onto the page. It is one of my favorite shorts.

This comment was deleted.
This comment was deleted.
This comment was deleted.
This comment was deleted.
Important Post
felixthecat

Welcome home, Glen! Good to see you again, and have the pleasure of reading (again) your short story. Your most special "Gift" is, perhaps, the ability to use language filled with wonderful imagery and import. It was my pleasure to rejoin the animals in that wilderness you created.

1 Comment
glenmarcus

Thank you Pat for the kind words. Hope you have a great New year and that 2017 will bring much happiness!

Important Post
storyteller4

I reread this one. Gave it a favorite when it was first published I believe. Loved it. storyteller4

Important Post
tj.gonzales

You got it! Man can be a pain in the you know what; but for every pain there is one that is full of love and hope....

Important Post
mysterywriter723

This book is a wonderful masterpiece of beauty and grace. God's majesty is displayed in all its splendor. The beginning action sequence was exciting. I like the way you interwove the depths of God's love within the story.

You have a gift for painting a gorgeous scene. The dialogue was thought-provoking and inspiring. I feel blessed just by reading what you have written. Thank you for sharing this lovely tale.

Important Post
Deleted User

The words were written with the beauty of the message you conveyed. I did not 'read' but 'envisioned' it all..

Important Post
glenmarcus

Thank you for the kind words everyone. This short story evolved out of a dream I had recently. It was very vivid and I had to put it down as soon as possible. I hope my words do it justice.

Important Post
Deleted User

Very well written. I loved the imagery, the description. Good job!

Show Additional Posts
To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US