INNOVATIONS IN SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MATHEMATICS EDUCATION IN NIGERIA

FESTSCHRIFT IN HONOUR OF TWO ERUDITE PROFESSORS By:
User: Victor
INNOVATIONS IN SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND MATHEMATICS EDUCATION IN NIGERIA

Abstract

The study focused on the effect of science writing Heuristic (SWH) on College of Education Chemistry students achievement in redox reactions. Two research questions and two hypothesis guided the study. The study utilized a quasi-experimental design having non-equivalent control group with a 2x2 factional design. The sample comprised one hundred and twenty-five second year chemistry students in two Colleges of Education in Anambra State. The instrument for data collection was the Achievement Test on Redox reactions (ATORR), and its reliability was established using Kinder Richardson formula 21(K-R 21). Mean and standard deviations were used to answer the research questions while the Analysis of covariance (ANCOVA) was used to test the null hypothesis at P< 0.05. The findings showed that the Science Writing  Heuristic was effective in enhancing achievement in Chemistry. The study recommended that teachers use the science writing heuristic which is a student centred inquiry laboratory instructional approach.

 


Posts and Comments
To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US