Hot Blooded, Cold Hearted!

By:
User: Lil'Ly
Hot Blooded, Cold Hearted!
Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Penny, Penny Hopkins. I believe my parents chose that name because that's just about how much I was worth to them. Look, the bottom line is this, I'm about to tell you my story, but I want you to have a clear understanding as to how cynical life has forced me to become. I trust no one. In my twenty-four years on this God forsaken planet, I have come to learn the hard way that everyone is motivated by their own self-interest.

And now, just like the devout atheist at death's door, questioning, perhaps even hoping God exist, I find myself in a similar conundrum regarding love. I was so sure that I would be too clever to fall into such an absurd emotion. I built the walls so high, and so thick I was absolutely certain they were impenetrable.

But now, due to unforeseen circumstances my icy heart has began to melt. I had a five-year plan, this was definitely not in it. Everything was all figured out, my life was exactly how I wanted it to be, but then suddenly life throws that unexpected curve ball.

Posts and Comments
Important Post
Janette

Wow such an amazing story upset that she died and i wished she would of left a child behind.

3 Comments
Lil'Ly

I thought about that too, but knowing she was terminal, and with the type of treatments she had to undergo to sustain her life as long as possible, it wouldn't have been realistic. Don't be sad for her though, she found the love of her life, and even though it was short lived,... Show more

Janette

I understand but now I see his side all alone after her still young. I future untold.

This comment was deleted.
Important Post
Nico

I really enjoyed that! I have read 10 maybe 15 books on here and so far this is the best-written. A few typos here and there but we all have those. The story flowed really well.

1 Comment
Lil'Ly

Thank you so much! I hate typo's! Seems no matter how hard I try to eliminate them, they still rear their ugly head! :)

To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US