"Streets Paved With Gold: A New Life, The Beginning"

By:
User: flcfm8
"Streets Paved With Gold: A New Life, The Beginning"
The young beautiful lady’s name was Fortunata. She was in her twenties when she was planning her destiny for life. A new life in a new land in a new world with the love of her life, Antonio. They both were plotting to run away to a place far away called America. The streets, they said, there were paved with gold. They could give their love and relationship a chance to nourish and grow. They could start their own family in a new world. The reason that Fortunata’s family did not approve of their love affair was because Antonio was her family’s gardener. A gardener in Italy back in the early nineteen hundreds was considered a mere peasant and classified as the lower class. Fortunata was strictly forbidden by her family to marry beneath her class. Therefore she had no other choice but to elope with her man to a new land. An escape to freedom and paradise was evident but the streets in this new land were not paved with gold but were a hard road to hoe. This is a true story of one woman’s determination and strong will to succeed and to never give up on her dreams to pursue and create a new life in a new land. Fortunata never gave up on that new world and most importantly she never looked back. This story is a tribute to my grandmother Fortunata Blassetti DiFelice.

Posts and Comments
To ensure optimal functioning, our website uses cookies. By using the website you agree to the use of cookies. More info
OK
Top of page
No Thumbnail Remove Please choose a reason Please enter the place in the book. en en_US